1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths First Solo Booth at Craft Fair

1. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

I'm doing a craft fair at an elementary school, this coming weekend and have some idea, just want opinions. I'm a little nervous since I've never done one on my own at all. But I'm excited because although it may seem selfish I need the leads and don't want to share and I could afford the $30 cost without help.

Anyway this is what I plan on doing for now. I have all the HWC products so I'm of course going to display them to get bookings. I'm also going to see if I can find those breast cancer wrapped kisses to put in small bowl caddy since that's the other may host special.

I'm also going to make a booking board, for booking certain dates they'll get this on top of reg host benefits. On top of booking board, I'm going to make up a basket that to enter to win you need to book a show.

I am also going to have those that don't book a show enter a drawing to win a free cooking show. Show in a bag. I need ideas on this. I was going to make up a "show in a bag". I wanted to use a reusable bag and put in maybe like a 2 liter of soda, plates, napkins, etc. and ingredients. Should I put actual ingredients, something to replicate them? Probably anything perishable shouldn't be real. I could use empty boxes or something. Any help ideas thought on this would be greatly appreciated. TIA!!!!!!!

Also feed back, opinions etc. on my other ideas also welcomed.

Apr 25, 2009
  2. kcmckay

bumping........?

Apr 26, 2009
  3. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

This is sounding pretty complicated to me with all the variations. I do not blame you for wanting to not share this event -- $30 is very reasonable. When I do fairs/booths I bring lots of product and concentrate on taking orders and getting bookings. I have only done the win a free show drawing, and amazingly, almost everyone wins the free show. I have the people who stop by fill out one of our drawing cards (thanks for joining us) and have them hand it to me and I put it in a container. If I get the opportunity, I write a note on the back of who they came with so it doesn't look like everyone is getting a free show. My free shows include all the ingredients, not sending the invitations like many here do. If you are looking for more bookings, I can see concentrating on that.

At any rate, go early, get set up, relax and enjoy yourself. They will come as everyone seems to love PC!!

Apr 26, 2009
  4. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Do you plan on demonstrating any products? Sometimes if you push booking and not the products it will not interest people, especially if they don't know you. You need something on your table to catch their attention.

In my thread under BOOTHS, FESTIVALS,...etc I wrote that I am going to use a portable DVD player and play the Your Life, Your Way DVD. I am trying this for the first time on Saturday to see if this helps to draw more people to my table. Once I get them there then I can ask my questions.

Hope this is helpful information.

Apr 26, 2009
  5. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

have a "play station set up if you have room. Get QSP and fill with water and sparkly confetti for kids to come up and plunge. Gets attention. Maybe have Ap. Wedger and/or A/P/C/S and apples for them to wedge and peel. I set up a table for UPS last week and made a palm tree. THAT brought a lot of people to the table. Cut a large baking potato in half and place half side down on cutting board. Cut out hole in center of potato with corer. Stick a carrot in center of potato and use knife to cut into sides of carrot to resemble the palm tree trunk. Vshape cutter to cut off top of green pepper. Use top of pepper and stick into the top of carrot with a toothpick. Leave all the seeds intact as those will resemble coconuts. It is very cute and an attention getter. You can use the other part of the pepper and fill it with salsa and fill up collapsible bowl with chips for dippping. Also, do the cream cheese, one of the new sauces and serve with crackers. Serve it in collapsed collapsible bowl. That will really sell those sauces too!

6. kcmckay

I was not really planning on demoing just getting leads and info and all that. But leaving the fair with bookings and recruit leads is my goal. All the ones that don't book right away will win a "free cooking show" and I just wanted to present it in a fun way. I may do the QSP trick however. Unfortunatley I don't have many new products and my director needs her for another event she's doing. I do fortunately have all the HWC products to display though. I made sure I ordered those and perhaps they will help with bookings, or even just individual orders. I'm hoping to get some recruit leads that will be willing to go to the oppurtunity night our SD is hosting the monday after craft fair.

Apr 27, 2009
Have something to add?