• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Show: Success despite Disappointments!

In summary, this newbie had a lot of fears about her first show and didn't seem to be able to get anyone to book. She's still hopeful and is looking for ways to improve her networking skills.
ChefMichelleB
I had my first show on thursday, I'm so glad it's out of the way!! :)
Reasonable sales but no bookings, so that was a little disappointing,
but it can only get better from here, right? I only got one maybe for a show and haven't been able to speak to her yet.

I did pluck up courage to approach a friend who'd said she'd host a show but hadn't given me a date, I gave her copies of Oct and Nov host specials and she's really keen to get the Cranberry stoneware( Oct host special in UK), now we're struggling to find a date for end of Oct when we are both free, what with school half term holidays, Halloween etc.!!! She's really keen so I hope we can get it fixed up.

I've got 2 more shows in Oct and my own Open House , to which I'm planning to invite c. 40 people, and 2 booked for November, and a couple of fairs to attend in Nov. I really want all the Super Starter bonuses!!!!

Thanks for all your great ideas on this forum, you are truly an inspiration!!

ChefMichelleB said:
I had my first show on thursday, I'm so glad it's out of the way!! :)
Reasonable sales but no bookings, so that was a little disappointing,
but it can only get better from here, right? I only got one maybe for a show and haven't been able to speak to her yet.

!

Congratulations on getting that 1st show out of the way. It definitely gets easier! Be sure to call each guest to thank them for attending the party, telling them what fun it was, and to ask them if they would think about maybe doing a kitchen or CATALOG show - Did you have them fill out drawing slips? I ask my guests to write in their slips anything they'd like if it went on sale. Then the catalog show (for people that don't want the work) is their way to earn these things for free, half-price or at a discount.

Keep us posted!

Need Major HelpI NEED MAJOR HELP AND ENCOURAGEMENT, PLEASE. I signed up for PC about May timeframe and I have never had an in home show. I've only done two book parties and one very small fundraiser. I just got a letter in the mail last week saying if I didn't do something I was going to go inactive. I am so disappointed and down that I have lost out on so much. I was not eligible for any super starter products so that is all lost forever plus I am not making any commission, booking any shows, or anything. My main problem is I just cannot seem to approach people at all very long in a good way to make them want to book a party. Then I have not yet gotten over my major fear of speaking in front of people yet cooking in front of them. So I'm sure you're all wondering, why did you sign up for PC. I really think I would love it if I could just get going but it never seems to happen. I feel like I'm at such a dead end with no hope in sight. What do I do? I also am kind of bad about following up with people because the rejection makes me so nervous. Any help from anyone would be wonderful!!

I have NEVER been a shy person - but when it came to my first kitchen show, I was SO nervous. But really it gets so much easier as you do it! You get used to it and if you just concentrate on having fun doing what you are doing - you will be fine!! If you have time to do your own show, I say go for it and offer free kitchen shows, maybe a discount for the highst order, etc. THen have a promotion for the highest show total in November so people will want to book for the following month. Invite EVERYONE you know!! Neighbors, family, co workers, husband's co workers, etc. More than likely less than half will show up. Maybe give away the host benefits to a lucky winner, etc. We all go through some slow months and some down times. If you really want this - you will do it. Success doesn't just fall into our laps, we have to work for it. Just keep your chin up and step out of your box alittle more. When you talk to people about PC, don't think of yourself as a saleswoman, think of yourself as a helper...with kitchen tips, recipes and a fun way to earn free stuff! Let us know how everything turns out!

Angela said:
I NEED MAJOR HELP AND ENCOURAGEMENT, PLEASE. I signed up for PC about May timeframe and I have never had an in home show. I've only done two book parties and one very small fundraiser. I just got a letter in the mail last week saying if I didn't do something I was going to go inactive. I am so disappointed and down that I have lost out on so much. I was not eligible for any super starter products so that is all lost forever plus I am not making any commission, booking any shows, or anything. My main problem is I just cannot seem to approach people at all very long in a good way to make them want to book a party. Then I have not yet gotten over my major fear of speaking in front of people yet cooking in front of them. So I'm sure you're all wondering, why did you sign up for PC. I really think I would love it if I could just get going but it never seems to happen. I feel like I'm at such a dead end with no hope in sight. What do I do? I also am kind of bad about following up with people because the rejection makes me so nervous. Any help from anyone would be wonderful!!
You have a much better chance of LOVING it once you get into the swing of things with it. Getting to a point where you are having consistent shows is really when you get into a good rhythm (sp?) so you will need to probably step out of your comfort zone and get on the phone. Contact all of your past customers and tell them you know it's been awhile since you've had contact with them, but you're calling to let them know the upcoming AWESOME specials. Let them know the host specials and say something like "I don't know if you've ever thought of getting your friends together for a fun cooking class (or something like that...sometimes if you say "show" or "party" they may get turned off), but this is what the special is....." If you're in a position to do this, you may want to offer an extra incentive like an additional 1/2 price items with a show at least $400 or $500 in sales (or whatever you think a good average is in your area) for shows between now and the end of the year. Offer an Express Show or offer a "gifts to go" show where you highlight easy gift giving ideas. These are all sure to peak some interest this time of year. The more calls you make, the easier it gets and the more shows you do...the easier it gets!!! Good luck to you!!! :)

I'm new and I'm still nervous when I have shows. But things have got to be done I guess. I would suggest maybe doing your own show. I know people say you are more nervous in front of family and friends but I also think they are the most forgiving when it comes to being guine pigs :p !! I've read that people pretend they are just finishing up a meal when a friend came by and they chat while they cook. Maybe you can actually have those family and friends over and really do it that way to get the jitters out. :rolleyes:

Whatever you do I wish you luck!

What is "My First Show: Success despite Disappointments!"?

"My First Show: Success despite Disappointments!" is a presentation and training program designed to help new Pampered Chef consultants navigate their first show and achieve success, even if they encounter any disappointments along the way.

Who is this program for?

This program is specifically designed for new Pampered Chef consultants who are preparing for their first show. However, it can also be helpful for experienced consultants who want to refresh their skills or learn new strategies for success.

What will I learn from this program?

You will learn tips and techniques for preparing for your first show, managing your expectations, and overcoming any challenges or disappointments that may arise. You will also learn how to set goals, engage with guests, and make sales to ensure a successful first show.

How long is the program?

The program is approximately 1 hour long, but it can be completed at your own pace. You can pause, rewind, and re-watch the training as needed to fully absorb the information.

Is there a cost for this program?

No, this program is completely free for all Pampered Chef consultants. It is part of our commitment to providing valuable resources and support for our consultants to help them achieve success in their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kculverson
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • BlueMoon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedpnina
Replies