• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nervous for My First Show: Tips to Ease the Anxiety

It's all part of the show!" :DIn summary, the speakers give tips and encouragement to a person preparing for their first show as a Pampered Chef consultant. They suggest practicing the recipe, having fun, using humor to ease nerves, and playing games to engage the audience. They also remind the person to be themselves and not worry about mistakes. The speakers also share personal experiences and offer support for the upcoming show.
ktmoms
I have my first show tomorrow. I am excited and anxious at the same time. I haven't really been nervous up until this point, but the more the day wears on, the more nervous I am becoming. Does anyone have any tips to ease my nerves?!

Thanks a bunch,
ktmoms

Practice the recipe as much as you can! To me, that was the best training. And try to have FUN!! If you mess up, laugh about it and make a joke that "They'll let ANYONE be a consultant" :D . Tell them it's your first show and that there may be people in the audience who know more about the products than you! Encourage them to do a lot of the talking by discussing products they already have and like. That takes some of the pressure off of you and they like hearing from their peers. They'll do your job for you lots of times. Then you can tell that person that SHE should be a consultant. :)

Just relax and have fun with it. If you have fun, that's what'll show through and encourage people to book shows. What recipe are you making? Have you practiced it? Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I am making the chicken club ring and ice cream sundaes. I have practiced one time with the ring, but I think my family is going to have that for dinner tonight, so I can practice again-haha!

I like the joke about them "letting anyone be a consultant." I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Thanks for the encouragement and tips! I love PC products so much, I'm sure I can find lots of things to talk about, I just hope I don't freeze up!

ktmoms

Just try to relaxEveryone who joins PC has a first show. Just try to relax and have fun with it. Tell everyone it is your first show and how you got started. By telling everyone it is your first show, they aren't as quick to judge you. I would definately play a game in the beginning before your demo, helps break the ice and is sometimes a great way to get bookings. I have been very fortunate to get bookings at every show I have done so far, and I think the games are a great way to achieve that. Good Luck with your first show. If you have any other questions either post or you can e-mail me.

Debbie :) :) :)

What kind of games do you play?

ktmoms

Found itOK I finally found it, if you go up to search and type in points game. There is a points game that was posted by Janel Kelly (Thanks Janel!!!!), this game has helped with bookings because at the end the guest gets 50 extra points for booking a show. They will do anything for a prize. You can also play a Tic Tac Toe game labeling one of the boxes Host A Show. The Tic Tac Toe game did not go over as well as the points game, but I will continously try new games. We must keep them having FUN. Need anything else, let me know. This Site Is Great!!!!!!! Good Luck again with your first show!!!! Let us know how you did.

Debbie :) :) :)

ktmoms, After you do this first show it will get easier each timektmoms,
After you do this first show it will get easier each time after that. I have a show tomorrow and I'm nervous about it as well and I've done several shows already. I think it is because this is the first show I'm doing for someone I don't really know. The others have been for friends or aquaintances. I know something that helped me was I wrote out an outline of things I wanted to say or highlight. I also wrote down things about the products. I did this because I get so nervous sometimes that I forget what I was going to say. :p So having the outline there if I needed it was more reassuring. Just remember to smile alot and be really excited. Your enthisiasm will be infectious. Here's another one for you if you mess up: "its a good thing this is pampered chef not perfect chef". Let us know how your show goes!

Just relax, be yourself and have fun!If something goes wrong - IJust relax, be yourself and have fun!If something goes wrong - I drop something etc. I usually turn to the audience and say "And can you believe I get paid to do this?!?!" that usually gets a laugh. :)

Consultant's first monthI know someone out there can answer this for me. I know to stay active i have to submit at least $200 sales every two months, but is there a requirement for my very first month? I know that if i had four parties or $1250 my first month i would get the roasting pan for free, but what if that doesn't happen, will i still be able to be a consultant? My first month seems weak cause everyone's busy for the summer, if i would have known that would have happened i should have signed up in September. I have people that seemed extremely interested in booking parties in the fall, but not for August.

Have you done any shows and what month is your super starter month. I say this because if this is your first month and haven't done any shows you could requestion from field services to change your 1st month to september. I had a consultant just sign and put august and we had it changed to september.

If you do not qualify with the 4 shows or 1,250 you are still a consultant, you would not get the roaster. It was just an added incentive for you. If you make it great if not they are not going to tell you your inactive or not a consultant. Hope that helps and is not confusing. ;)

consultant first monthI signed up in July, so Aug. was made my first month. Thank you for answering my question. Of course the month isn't over yet, and i have some catalog parties going on, but i was just wondering "what if".. cause i just don't want to get dropped. I'm really looking forward to growing w/ my business and I really want to go to conference next year, and my husband wants to come w/ me!
gmosullivan said:
Have you done any shows and what month is your super starter month. I say this because if this is your first month and haven't done any shows you could requestion from field services to change your 1st month to september. I had a consultant just sign and put august and we had it changed to september.

If you do not qualify with the 4 shows or 1,250 you are still a consultant, you would not get the roaster. It was just an added incentive for you. If you make it great if not they are not going to tell you your inactive or not a consultant. Hope that helps and is not confusing. ;)

Don't worry, you really have as much time as you need to qualify. I don't even think you can go inactive during your super starter months anyway. If you have at least something going on, like a catalog show, you should be fine. The only thing you miss out on if you don't qualify by the end of your first super starter month is not getting the SS1 bonus or the roasting pan. There's no penalties or anything. That's so cool that you already know you want to go to conference! You will LOVE it! And it's neat your husband wants to come, too. Sounds like he's supportive, which is awesome!

Good luck to you!

Changing your Super Starter Month
ohiopamperedchef said:
I signed up in July, so Aug. was made my first month. Thank you for answering my question. Of course the month isn't over yet, and i have some catalog parties going on, but i was just wondering "what if".. cause i just don't want to get dropped. I'm really looking forward to growing w/ my business and I really want to go to conference next year, and my husband wants to come w/ me!
Hi Ohio!
If you have not submitted your catalog shows, or any other shows, hold off until Sept 1 to submit. Meanwhile, go to consultants corner, click on home office contacts, click on home office emails, click on Super Starter Month Change Request. Send a brief email (you don't have to provide a lot of details) just stating that you need to change your Super Starter Month to September. They will send you an email back confirming.
Now, on September 1, go ahead and submit your shows that you have had in August, as August shows. Work hard to have a full calendar for September (the dreaded phone calls, but you can do it!), and then you should still be able to qualify for the Super Starter month.

Last edited:
SS1 MonthOhio- Email the HO and ask to change your SS1 to September. You can do this even if you had shows in August...but before you qualify. I did...

Sandy

ChefSandyK said:
Ohio- Email the HO and ask to change your SS1 to September. You can do this even if you had shows in August...but before you qualify. I did...

Sandy
Wow, that's nice to know. Is that only for special circumstance or for anyone? I was always told that they'd only adjust if you hadn't submitted shows. Hmm! :rolleyes:

repliesThanks for all the helpful suggestions! I don't like feeling discouraged, so i enjoyed your feedback!
rwesterpchef said:
Wow, that's nice to know. Is that only for special circumstance or for anyone? I was always told that they'd only adjust if you hadn't submitted shows. Hmm! :rolleyes:

What should I do to prepare for my first Pampered Chef show?

To ease your anxiety and ensure a successful first show, it's important to be prepared. This includes familiarizing yourself with all of the products, practicing your demonstration, and making sure you have all the necessary supplies and materials.

How can I calm my nerves before and during the show?

Take a deep breath and remind yourself that you are prepared. It's also helpful to have a positive mindset and visualize a successful show. Don't be afraid to take breaks and ask for support from your team or host if needed.

What are some tips for engaging with the audience during the show?

Make sure to smile and maintain eye contact with your guests. Ask them questions and listen to their responses. Use humor and storytelling to keep the audience interested and involved in the demonstration.

What should I do if I make a mistake during the show?

Remember that mistakes happen and it's okay. Stay calm and acknowledge the mistake, then move on. You can also use the opportunity to show off your problem-solving skills and demonstrate the versatility of the products.

What are some ways to follow up with guests after the show?

Send a thank-you note or email to all of the guests who attended the show. You can also follow up with any potential orders or bookings that were discussed during the show. Be sure to also connect with guests on social media and invite them to future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TerraOB83
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TerraOB83
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Mr. Pampered Chef
  • nay62