1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings First Show on Tuesday!

Tags:
  1. momoffour

momoffour Novice Member

Well, my first show is on Tuesday...yikes. I actually had DREAMS about doing shows. I guess I'm a bit nervous huh? I'm doing a mystery host party at my house.

Good news is, at first only ONE person said they could come... ONE. 3 were no's and 5 were Maybe's. I used evite for the invitations.... and kept checking back.

Now... I have four that have said yes on the evite and one verbally said yes she'll absolutely be there. One of the Maybes I think is a good chance of being there, depends on when her hubby gets home. The other maybe lives next door and has expressed in interested in a purchase either way. A couple people I just verbally invited and one is a maybe and the other wrote it down but doesnt sound likely.

Iknow it doesnt sound like that many people but when I had a response of ONE yes for about a week and now I have a few I am relieved. I'll be happy ifit just counts as a show!

Anyway, wish me luck... Im making the ranch pizza...it was bit too "strong" when I tested it... I may cut the amount of ranch seasoning in half.

Thanks for listening!

Anne

Sep 11, 2005
  2. Chef Michelle D

Chef Michelle D Member

Good luck with your show, I have my first show on Thursday. It's for one of my best friends then on Friday my mother is having a show for her friends at my house. I am glad that my first two shows are for people I know, next week I have a show booked and I know the host but I won' t know any of the guest.

3. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

Good Luck to the both of you on your first kitchen shows. Momoffour I wouldn't get to down about the small guest turn out. I had a mystery host show and only had 6 guests. It was about a $250 show, but I got 3 bookings. My 2nd show was small also and I liked it. I felt it gave me a chance to get more comfortable with talking in front of people. I would love to know how your shows go and again good luck.;)

Sep 12, 2005
  4. momoffour

momoffour Novice Member

Thanks! Good Luck on your first show Michelle. I'm not too down about the guest count. The one that I was a little worried might bail on my just confirmed today... yay. I'm not sure about bookings though, I hope to be pleasantly surprised. There is a lady though, whose husband is head of town football and baseball stuff. (not sure what it is actually called) anyway, I am going to mention the fundraisers in my show and print up a flyer for it...who knows, maybe she'll grab a copy. Her daughter is also into Cheerleading big time... competitions and stuff.

ANyway,

I have my igredients so we will have to see.

Anne

Sep 12, 2005
  5. reegrace

reegrace Member

Good luck! My mystery host party only had 2 in attendance. :( I was a little bummed. I am on show number 4 for my SS1 and going strong so don't get discouraged. I have been really stressing that hosts never pay full price and I think that has helped my bookings.

Wow I just realized after tonight I will be officially qualified. :D

Good luck to both of you.

Marie

Sep 12, 2005
Have something to add?