• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Kitchen Show Ideas: What to Serve at 11am Brunch - Help Needed!

In summary, for a first kitchen show next Saturday at 11am, the host is thinking of a brunch theme and suggested an egg bake, but the expert suggests keeping it simple with a braid or ring, mini cinnamon rolls, or a vege pizza. Some recipe ideas from the Pampered Chef website were also recommended. It is suggested to use the host's skillet to showcase the Professional cookware and to encourage the host to provide additional items like a fruit tray and muffins to make it a more impressive spread. The expert also recommends trying out the Ham and Eggs Brunch Braid recipe from the Season's Best Spring 2005 for a delicious and visually appealing dish.
ashkay
I have my first kitchen show next Saturday! She wants it at 11am! What should I make? Is it too early to have a dessert (not for me :D , but what about the guests)? She was thinking of a brunch - like an egg bake type thing. I think that would be a bit much for my first show. Any suggestions? :confused:

brunch recipesI got these recipes for this site. Hopefully they will give you some ideas.

Attachments

• brunchrecipes.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 991
KisKeep it simple!

Do a braid or ring or vege pizza. Those make great brunch ideas or do the mini cinnamon rolls in whatever stone you have. Check out the recipe titles on the PC website and if you don't have the recipe I bet someone will share! ;)

Season's BestIn your Season's Best Spring 2005 there is a recipe for Ham and Eggs brunch braid. It is delicious, slightly tedious, but shows quite a bit of products. You may not have any of our cookware yet, but that is okay. Borrow the hosts skillet to scramble the egg and talk about our Professional cookware and how you can earn one as a Super Starter. Do as much prep beforehand as possible, but this recipe is great. I have done it several times.

11am is a good show time. Encourage her to make it a good event for her guests. If she is comfortable with supplying more things like a fruit tray and muffins (store bought) it will be a better spread and take the pressure off of you. Depending on your host and her friends she may want to serve Mimosas (the alcohol helps eliviate the tension -- the guests).

I started doing brunch shows quite often since Feb and love them. People seem to like the fact that the day is still young.

Ham and Eggs Brunch BraidThis is very yummy! And the guests will be in awe about how you can make this look so neat. I'd practice it first since the braiding technique may take a couple tries to make it look really nice. I was afraid the bake time was too much since it was getting REALLY brown in the oven, but you really want it nice and brown on the oustide. Then you know the whole crescent roll has baked. It's such a fun brunch recipe. I'm hoping to get some brunch shows coming up or a "breakfast for dinner" theme.

1. What type of dishes should I serve at an 11am brunch?

When planning a brunch menu for your first kitchen show, it is important to offer a variety of dishes to appeal to all guests. Consider serving a mix of breakfast and lunch items, such as eggs, waffles, quiche, salads, sandwiches, and fruit. This will ensure there is something for everyone to enjoy.

2. How many dishes should I serve at a brunch?

The number of dishes you serve will depend on the number of guests attending your kitchen show. Generally, it is recommended to have 1-2 savory options and 1-2 sweet options for every 4-6 guests. This will allow for a well-rounded brunch menu without overwhelming your guests with too many choices.

3. Can I make any of the brunch dishes ahead of time?

Yes, it is always a good idea to prepare some dishes ahead of time to make hosting your kitchen show easier. Consider making a breakfast casserole or overnight French toast that can be assembled the night before and baked in the morning. You can also prep ingredients for salads and sandwiches ahead of time to save time on the day of the show.

4. Should I offer vegetarian or gluten-free options?

It is always a good idea to offer a variety of options to accommodate guests with dietary restrictions. Consider offering a vegetarian option, such as a veggie frittata or tofu scramble, as well as a gluten-free option, like a quinoa salad or gluten-free pancakes. This will ensure all guests can enjoy the brunch menu.

5. What types of drinks should I serve at a brunch?

In addition to coffee and tea, you can also offer mimosas, Bloody Marys, or a signature brunch cocktail. You can also provide non-alcoholic options like fresh juices, lemonade, or iced tea. Don't forget to have plenty of water available as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
twopamperedchefs
  • PCwithStay-C
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies