• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What treats should I offer for my first Pampered Chef open house?

In summary, I used my idea of letting the ladies assemble there own pastry and everyone loved it. I think my guests had fun getting to be involved. I also demo'd the knives and showed how sharp they are. Thanks for all of your advise!
Stacys
Hi Ladies! I have my first show/open house on March 4th. It is at 1pm. Since it is at my house I wanted to do two recipies. I've picked out the Fantastic Focaccia Bread and the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries. See the Italian theme I'm going for. Anyway, my thoughts are to use the focaccia bread as my main recipie and then do the strawberry pastries from the assembly part forward. What do you guys think? I was thinking that would be easier than trying to time both things in the oven one after another.

Also, can anyone suggest any other "treats". I'm hopping to have about 15 people there. I was thinking just some sort of veggie tray.

Also can you use the egg slicer to do roma tomatoes? The recipe says to do the tomatoes for the focaccia in the slice and grate, but I don't have one of those. I thought I might just use the chopper to do the tomatoes. Has anyone done this?

As always thanks for your help!!!

First of all congrats on your 1st show!!!!
I always do 2 recipes at all my shows. I have learned to do a lot of prep, and show slicing a tomatoe with 3 slices.
I wouldn't try slicing a tomatoe, that would most likely bust your wires. I would slice using a knife, and talk about how cool the ultimate slice n grate is(you never know you might sell some). I know of a consultant who didn't have the family skillet, and made the green chile fritatta. She made it in a stone, but then sold 3 family skillets because she talked about how cool they were. You get nice even slices with the slice n grate.
I have always had bad luck with the chopper and tomatoes, for me they get mushy because the skin is too rubbery JMO. Good luck on your show! :D
I would defenitely put out some vegies and dip!

Okay, so I had another thought. What if I let the ladies assemble their own strawberry pastry. I'd mix up and chop all of the ingredients, but they could be in charge of making it up themselves.

Stacys said:
Okay, so I had another thought. What if I let the ladies assemble their own strawberry pastry. I'd mix up and chop all of the ingredients, but they could be in charge of making it up themselves.

I personally think that is a GREAT idea. My daughters' (ages 8 and 3) made these last week, they helped with everything. The best part was when they assembled their own, they had fun...it is super easy...and, if you have the powdered sugar shaker, don't forget to fill that and let them use it at the end (my girls thought it was cool)

Good luck.

I would just slice the tomato with the knife and talk about all the knives, as well as the cutting board. Try to slice them pretty thin, but don't cut yourself!

Have a great time! That's the best part of this job. Be as relaxed as you can be and obviously they'll know you're new at it. Have fun! :D

Update!!!Okay, so I had my first show and I think it was great. We only had 7 people but I have $600 + in sales and we are still going.

I used my idea of letting the ladies assemble there own pastry and everyone loved it. I think my guests had fun getting to be involved.

I also demo'd the knives and showed how sharp they are with the paper thin slice of tomato.

Thanks for all of your advise!

1. How do I prepare for my first Pampered Chef show?

To prepare for your first show, it is important to familiarize yourself with the products and their uses. Practice using the products and preparing recipes so you can confidently demonstrate them to your guests. It is also helpful to create a guest list and send out invitations in advance.

2. What should I include in my first show presentation?

Your presentation should include an introduction to yourself and the Pampered Chef brand, a demonstration of 3-4 products or recipes, and a call to action for guests to make purchases or book their own shows. It is also helpful to have a personal story about how Pampered Chef has benefited you to share with your guests.

3. How can I encourage guests to make purchases at my first show?

One way to encourage purchases is to offer special deals or promotions, such as discounts on certain products or a free gift with a certain purchase amount. You can also highlight the benefits and features of the products and how they can improve the cooking and dining experience for your guests.

4. How can I ensure my first show runs smoothly?

To ensure a smooth show, make sure you have all necessary supplies and ingredients prepared beforehand. Practice your presentation and have a clear plan for how you will demonstrate each product. It is also helpful to have a friend or family member assist you during the show to help with any tasks or questions.

5. What follow-up actions should I take after my first show?

After your first show, it is important to follow up with your guests to thank them for attending and to see if they have any further questions or are interested in hosting their own show. You can also offer to assist them with any product concerns or questions they may have. Additionally, it is helpful to follow up with any potential leads or interested guests who were unable to attend the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
Replies
Views
dare1969