• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Tips for First Time Show Jitters?

In summary, the speaker is nervous about their first show at The Borgata, where their friend is a professional chef. They will be making gardener ranch pizza and taffy apple pizza. Other chefs will be in attendance and the speaker is seeking advice. Other speakers suggest using index cards to stay on track and allowing the chefs to have hands-on experience with the tools. They wish the speaker good luck and to have fun.
PamperedChef99
Tomorrow night is my first show!
My friend is a professional chef at The Borgata and she is having it!A lot of her coworkers will be there. Im just a little nervous. I am making the garder ranch pizza and Taffy Apple Pizza! I hope it goes ok...any advice?

Amy
:eek:

Congratulations and good luck!

Take a deep breath and relax! Remember, you're a Pampered Chef, not a perfect chef!! ;) I always suggest using Index Cards with some notes on what you want to talk about, including products you're highlighting, upcoming specials, etc. After 5 years, I still do this, especially at the beginning of a new season so I stay on track.

Let us know how you do!!

I don't have any tips since I haven't made these recipes yet, but....YOU GO GIRL!! What more could you wish for a room full of chefs, WOW! Since they're in the kitchen all the time they will want it all that makes their job easier. Good thing you know the host and are friends. I would be so nervous doing a demo in front of professional chefs, I don't think I would be able to talk myself, I mean I have a hard enough time talking in front of a group of people anyway, (I don't know why I got myself into this, lol). I know you will be great, and I imagine this will be a highly successful show. Congrats and Good Luck!

Here's a thoughtHow about letting them get some hands on experience with the tools? As chefs, they will appreciate the ease of many of the tools. I also suggest sharing that this is your first show and thanking them, etc, I am sure they will be very supportive. Sounds like a really fun time! Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!

I was thinking the same thing, PamperedZoe! Good ideas.

1. What are "First Show Jitters"?

"First Show Jitters" refer to the nervousness or anxiety that a consultant may feel before their first Pampered Chef party or demonstration.

2. How can I overcome my "First Show Jitters"?

To overcome first show jitters, it is important to practice your demonstration beforehand and familiarize yourself with the products. It can also be helpful to have a friend or family member attend as your first audience and provide feedback. Remember to take deep breaths and remind yourself that you are knowledgeable and passionate about the products you are presenting.

3. Is it normal to feel nervous before my first show?

Yes, it is completely normal to feel nervous before your first show. It shows that you care about doing a good job and want to make a great impression on your guests. Just remember to relax and have fun!

4. What if I make a mistake during my first show?

Mistakes happen to everyone, especially during a first show. If you make a mistake, simply acknowledge it and move on. Your guests will appreciate your honesty and authenticity. Just remember to stay positive and keep the focus on the products and the fun experience of cooking together.

5. Are there any tips or tricks to help calm my nerves before my first show?

Yes, there are a few things you can do to help calm your nerves before your first show. Some consultants find it helpful to do a quick meditation or visualization exercise, listen to calming music, or have a cup of tea before the show. It can also be helpful to have a checklist or script to refer to during the demonstration to help you stay focused and confident.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChef99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • Heather Rogers
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KayteTUrner