• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Hosting Your First Sweets Party: Decor and Product Setup Ideas

In summary, the conversation is about hosting a first Pampered Chef show and seeking advice and tips from experienced consultants. The main tips given are to practice the recipe, keep it simple, incorporate an interactive element, and not overpack. It is also suggested to watch training videos, attend other consultants' shows, and use a show script to help with bookings.
kcpamperedchef
I am hosting my first show at the end of the month and I have no idea on what all to do. I am scared to death..lol I have never even been to a cooking show before so its all going to be new to me. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of how they decorated and set up the products. I am going to be doing a sweets party. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!!!

KC - sounds like when I started two months ago. Had never been to a show and didn't know anything about how they ran. I practiced lots of times with my DH (think that means dear hubby on here) and with other family. I was still nervous my first real show, but because I had practiced, I felt like I knew what I was doing. My first show was my best in sales so far. Good luck

Call your recruiter / director and see if you can attend one of their shows! Also, see if they'd be willing to come along with you to your first show and help you with your demo!

There are videos on PC.com that you can watch that will take you step by step through your show as well!

I was in the same situation - I'd barely heard of Pampered Chef but jumped in head first anyway. I could write a book on what I did wrong, but my best tips are things I mostly DIDN'T DO:

1) Keep the recipe simple and practice it over and over, preferably in front of supportive friends while you can keep up a conversation - but definitely incorporate the Interactive show element also. It's magical and it will take some of the pressure off you and keep people engaged.

2) Don't get too creative with personal style. You want people to think they can easily replicate what you're doing either as a cook, host, or consultant.

3) Practice packing and act as if you're going on an airplane with carry-on luggage, not in a Mack truck for a 90 day tour of the country. BIG mistake to take more than the essentials. I overpacked on the hottest June day and did the pizza stone thing in a barely airconditioned upper story condo. Total misery.

I don't care what anyone says about how important big sales are in the beginning. The most important thing is that you come away with a strong sense of confidence and satisfaction and know that people got value from what you presented. Then the sales will take care of themselves after that.

Don't forget to watch the DVD that comes in your kit.

There is a show script I used last night that helped me GREATLY. I tooled it to say what I wanted to say. I don't have it here on this computer at home. It's on my work computer, but I think it's called "three ways to ask" or something like that. It should be fairly close to the top in the files section. But it's AWESOME. I got 2 bookings last night at the show I did and it was only my second cooking show ever!!!!! Not to mention the one girl who booked said she has a girl who wants to book off of her. The one girl who booked was sitting on the floor with the hostess' baby and when I was talking about how it's great to book a show, the girl literally blurted out from the floor "I want to book a show". She was not even involved with the party and I didn't even think she was interested in what was going on with the party!! LMAO!!!! So imagine my SHOCK when that happened and the look that was probably on my face and thinking, "holy man this three ways to ask script really DOES work!!!" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChefetteDuJour said:
I was in the same situation - I'd barely heard of Pampered Chef but jumped in head first anyway. I could write a book on what I did wrong, but my best tips are things I mostly DIDN'T DO:

1) Keep the recipe simple and practice it over and over, preferably in front of supportive friends while you can keep up a conversation - but definitely incorporate the Interactive show element also. It's magical and it will take some of the pressure off you and keep people engaged.

2) Don't get too creative with personal style. You want people to think they can easily replicate what you're doing either as a cook, host, or consultant.

3) Practice packing and act as if you're going on an airplane with carry-on luggage, not in a Mack truck for a 90 day tour of the country. BIG mistake to take more than the essentials. I overpacked on the hottest June day and did the pizza stone thing in a barely airconditioned upper story condo. Total misery.

I don't care what anyone says about how important big sales are in the beginning. The most important thing is that you come away with a strong sense of confidence and satisfaction and know that people got value from what you presented. Then the sales will take care of themselves after that.

AWESOME advice!! :sing: :chef: :thumbup: :balloon:

1. What should I expect at my first Pampered Chef show?

At your first show, you can expect to learn about the products and how they can make your cooking experience easier and more enjoyable. You will also have the opportunity to try out some of our products and see them in action. And of course, you'll have the chance to place orders and earn some great rewards!

2. How do I prepare for my first Pampered Chef show?

To prepare for your first show, make sure to familiarize yourself with our products and the different ways to use them. Practice using some of the tools so you feel comfortable demonstrating them to your guests. Also, make sure to invite plenty of friends and family to ensure a successful turnout.

3. What tips do you have for a successful first Pampered Chef show?

Some tips for a successful first show include setting a fun and inviting atmosphere, using the products in creative ways to showcase their versatility, and being knowledgeable about the products and their benefits. Make sure to also engage with your guests and have fun!

4. How can I earn rewards at my first Pampered Chef show?

There are various ways to earn rewards at your first show. You will earn commission on the sales made at your show, and you can also receive additional rewards for reaching certain sales goals. You can also earn free products by booking future shows with your guests.

5. What if I have trouble with my first Pampered Chef show?

If you encounter any challenges or difficulties with your first show, don't hesitate to reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for support and guidance. They can offer tips and advice to help make your show a success. Remember to also have fun and enjoy the experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies