• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for a Successful Grand Opening Show | Be Prepared and Confident!

In summary, don't be afraid to make note cards for yourself, and don't panic. Do your best, and have fun.
ErinApron
I have my Grand Opening coming up, and I am beyond scared! I just hope i remember everything to say, and answer questions ok. There is so much to learn all at once sometimes I feel a bit frazzled! Any tips or suggestions to help my first show go smoothly?

Don't panic. Do your best. If you forget something, so what? Don't beat yourself up about it. I consider first show (or for that matter, maybe even the first ten shows) learning experiences.Good luck and have fun with it!

RMDave said:
Don't panic. Do your best. If you forget something, so what? Don't beat yourself up about it. I consider first show (or for that matter, maybe even the first ten shows) learning experiences.

Good luck and have fun with it!

Well said! I think that's the most important part, have fun! Remember we all learn as we go. I am still a newbie and have had more catty shows than cooking shows so I'm still "green" but have fun!

thanks ladies! I was watching the cooking shows in action on the DVD I got in my kit, and I feel a bit intimidated. The lady knows so much about all the products, and seems so at ease! Part of me doing PC is to gain confidence in myself, as well as talking to others. Its really going to be character building for me.

Don't be afraid to make note cards for yourself.

ErinApron said:
thanks ladies! I was watching the cooking shows in action on the DVD I got in my kit, and I feel a bit intimidated. The lady knows so much about all the products, and seems so at ease! Part of me doing PC is to gain confidence in myself, as well as talking to others. Its really going to be character building for me.

Yes, the "lady" is an actress and she memorized her lines. Don't panic .. go with the flow.

Oh, and ErinApron, remember that not all of us Independent Consultants are ladies.

RMDave said:
Yes, the "lady" is an actress and she memorized her lines. Don't panic .. go with the flow.

not actresses, actually consultants who have been doing shows for a long time.

I definitely think cards help when you first start - and if you forget something, so what. no one knows but you. I've been doing this for over 2 years and every time think of something else I should have said. Each show changes. Part of the fun of this business.

good luck, keep it short (don't talk about everything you own) and have FUN!:)

You can say something like "Is there anybody who has never been to a show before? Great. This is my first show too. At least you won't notice if I make any mistakes!" This will probably bring smiles, and it will help to put you at ease.

When somebody asks you something you can't answer, say "that's a very good question. I don't have the answer right now, but I will ask my (director, recruiter, whatever) and get back to you.

Make sure you everything is set up ahead of time. And get yourself ready early so you are done at least 1/2 hour before "show time".

Mostly, have FUN. You love the products---let it show!

That's perfect, Nancy. People are always willing to help.

One thing that I have found that helps me sell is to talk about the things that I personally love and why I love them. Then, I'm just basically having a conversation like I would with a friend.
For example, I love, love, love my Mix N Chop. I ordered it a few years ago from a friend's catalog show. My husband always had to do the ground beef at our house because I hated chopping it up with a spatula and trying to get it perfectly chopped without the big hunks of meat left. Now, I use the Mix N Chop, and I don't mind it and love how quick and easy it is. I also use it for chopping up stewed tomatoes or cooked veggies that are going in a sauce so that my 2 year old doesn't notice/mind eating them as badly, or for a potato masher. I tell them all of this stuff instead of the technical...this is what this is made of, this is the warranty, blah, blah that I don't remember all of the details of. I have only done 5 cooking shows thus far, but without fail, I have sold at least 3 Mix N Chops at each show. I do the same kind of thing with the DCB, and talk about my real world uses of everything that I love.
Also, make a quick outline of the topics you don't want to forget....future bookings, guest special for the month, current or upcoming host specials, any kind of special you personally are doing, door prize slips, etc. That way you can look down and mentally check off what you've talked about and what you still need to mention.
One last thing, don't beat yourself up if you forgot something during the show. I've forgotten to say something at every single show thus far. All I do is mention whatever I forgot at my full-service checkout. For instance...last week I forgot to mention how to clean the stones when I was talking about the stoneware special. So for everyone that ordered a stone, I just made sure to mention cleaning at full-service checkout.
I also love Nancy's opener about being your first show! That's fantastic!!!

RMDave said:

Oh, and ErinApron, remember that not all of us Independent Consultants are ladies.

;) sorry! hehe!

I also am NOT a fan of speaking in front of people and have found that note cards and/or outline help out a lot. I also have learned a lot from a friend that sells PC. Good Luck with everything. You will do great!!

Don't be afraid to laugh at yourself or to admit that you've made a mistake. You will be just fine! And don't forget to call me when it's done! ;)

Practice your recipe a few times ahead of time. That way you won't be nervous about what you are making. Talk about the products during your practice session; it will make real run more comfortable for you. Absolutely tell people it's your first show. More than likely these are friends & family coming so they will be supportive. Ask guests about their favs & why they love them - they will sell products for you! Good luck & have fun! let us know how it goes.

Jamie....I completely agree with asking people about their faves. I have had people write their fave product on their name tag, so when I glance out, I can see who loves what and pick and choose which items I want to talk about. I was so lucky at my first show...I had a lady whose favorite product was her nonstick frying pans, which I had planned to talk about anyway. It was a great lead-in.

aprilmlittlefield said:
Don't be afraid to laugh at yourself or to admit that you've made a mistake. You will be just fine! And don't forget to call me when it's done! ;)

:thumbup: will do!

What are you making tonight? Good Luck!

How long do you all typically make your demonstration/presentation part? Just curious. First show's in a couple weeks!

What should I expect at my first Pampered Chef show?

At your first Pampered Chef show, you can expect to have a fun and interactive cooking demonstration with your friends and family. Our consultants will showcase our high-quality kitchen tools and cookware, and you'll get to try out some delicious recipes. You'll also have the opportunity to shop and earn free products through our host rewards program.

How can I prepare for my first show as a host?

To prepare for your first show as a host, you can invite your friends and family to attend, set up a comfortable and inviting space for the demonstration, and have a few simple snacks or beverages available. You can also browse our catalog beforehand and make a list of any products you are interested in purchasing.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show comes with many benefits, including earning free products, receiving discounts on your purchases, and having a fun and unique experience with your friends and family. You will also have the opportunity to learn new recipes and cooking techniques from our consultants.

Do I need to purchase anything at my first show?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at your first Pampered Chef show. However, many guests find our products to be high-quality and useful in the kitchen, so they may choose to make a purchase. Our consultants will never pressure you to buy anything.

Can I host a show online?

Yes, you can host a Pampered Chef show online through our virtual party option. This allows your friends and family to attend the demonstration from the comfort of their own homes. You will still have the opportunity to earn free products and receive discounts as a host, and your guests can also shop and earn rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Tig
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tig
Replies