• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successful Hosting Pays Off: 4 Shows & a Fair!

In summary, Yvonne is working on a mystery host show and is wondering what prizes she will give out to the guests.
Mackailey
WELL!! My hostess was rather flaky and invited the moon. I tried to "reel" her back in and get her to confirm these people. She said she could never get ahold of anybody to confirm. She must have took 12 books from me to "give" to people. I finally said "who are you giving these books too!!!" (shes a friend) So the day of the show, she calls up and says so how many people do you think will come? I said "how many people did you call back".. So basically 3 showed up 4 if you count my neighbor from across the street who had to leave due to her baby screaming. She is at roughly 180 in sales. She said she has some outside orders so the show won't close till wednesday. BUT good marketing pays off. I had balloons full of booking dates. the three that were there became very 'curious' in what the 'prize' was inside.. even asked me several times. I simply said.. gifts for hosting a 300 show. So low and behold 2 booked shows..PLUS.. a gal who couldnt attend wants to book a show!! So out of 4 people and 180 in sales I have 3 shows scheduled for august!! Plus im doing a fair for a few days and already had a show booked for the end of august!! So 4 shows and a fair. Not bad..Not bad.. All experience :rolleyes:

Whoo HooWay to go !! Sometimes those small shows turn out to be the best ! Sounds like you are off to a great start !! :)

Angie,
That's great! See even the low shows can turn into something great! I would be very excited about those bookings. Great job! Keep up that momentum and the positive attitude! :)

good job!!That's great!!! Just wondering what prizes you put in the balloons, or did you just put a paper in there that said what they win! I have a hard time getting bookings so that sounds like a great idea! Thanks in advance!

Good Job!!!!!!!Look out everyone shes on FIRE! Keep doing what your doing. As I told you before, just because you may have gotten low sales, don't look at your first show as a negative. Bookings are a key to our growth in this business. As long as we keep getting bookings, our business keeps growing. Keep up the good work. Your off to a great start.

Debbie :D :D :D

Angie,

Great job, I like the balloon idea.
:)

The closer the date, the better the suprise. for the closest date i put in there a little pc. of paper with the words small bar pan.. If they hold a 300 show and keep that date, I will add the small bar pan to their order.. Then the next date I put in a suds pump reward...and so fourth. hey it worked!! :D I also found out you CANT tell them whats inside. The suspense is what drove them to pop the balloons!! :p

Yeah Angie! Congrats on the bookings and getting through your first show! Thats fantastic. I have also did the prizes in the balloons to get bookings. I have had two do it but that was all. But two is better than none :) Congrats again!!

Hye Angie did you know in your signature you had 4 w's instead of 3 in your web address? ;)

Hey Angie,
Great ideas with the ballons, I did the sealed envelope game at a show that I had only four guest show up and got three bookings out of that one. And the second and last show I had for July I got four bookings and 10 guest showed up for that one. Even though for the month I had less than $900 in sales the seven booking is what keeps me going. :D

OK, I'm kinda slow. Did you have your 4 available dates on the balloons so they knew which date was the closest, or what? :eek:

Confused!
Doris said:
Hey Angie,
Great ideas with the ballons, I did the sealed envelope game at a show that I had only four guest show up and got three bookings out of that one. And the second and last show I had for July I got four bookings and 10 guest showed up for that one. Even though for the month I had less than $900 in sales the seven booking is what keeps me going. :D
OK - I've got to ask! What's the sealed envelope game?

Yvonne :confused:

question about booking ballon ideaI am working on preparing my first show and am planning a mystery host show. I am curious about what you put in the balloons. I am planning to do the riddle game as well. Any other good mystery games?

Bookings with Balloon GameQuestion:
gabriwill said:
I am working on preparing my first show and am planning a mystery host show. I am curious about what you put in the balloons. I am planning to do the riddle game as well. Any other good mystery games?

One of my prior posts quite a while back:
rwesterpchef said:
I generally do not do games at my show unless it’s a themed event. But, I had a show scheduled Sunday, and knowing that at least 4 of the guests have been to my shows in the last 3-4 months, I thought I might have booking problems. And, after being wailed with water-balloons by my son Saturday, it gave me the idea to try it. I typed up ¼” sheets of paper and had items such as:
• Receive a Free Large Micro Cooker at your show! (minimum $300 show)
• Select $20 in additional products FREE at your show! (minimum $300 show)
• Also had $5 and $10 additional free at their show (with minimum $300 show)
• Receive a Free Nylon Slotted Spoon at your show! (minimum $300 show)
Etc…

I then had one special balloon for hostess with “Receive the Stainless Steel Fork and Stainless Steel Serving Spoon FREE. (upon completion of 3rd guests kitchen show)”

I passed out balloons to everyone upon arrival, along with catalog, order form and pens. I told them to hang on to their balloons and don’t pop them to see what’s inside. We’d discuss later.
I then began my show as usual. Toward the end, before I passed out the drawing slips, I explained that each balloon had a free gift inside. In order to pop their balloon and receive the free gift, they had to book a show with me in September or October. And, if three people popped their balloons, the hostess got to pop hers. (I chose 3 bookings instead of 2 because I usually receive two anyway. I chose September and October because I wanted those Show-to-Go’s!!!)

Results: I would say that it paid off. After the first person popped her balloon and received $20 in Free product, I had 3 additional bookings. And, you should have seen everyone shaking their balloons trying to read what was inside. And the hostess was encouraging people to book because she wanted to pop hers.

From my experience, I recommend:
• Small water balloons. They’re small, making it easy to carry to shows and $1 for about 50 at the dollar store. Don’t forget the tax write-off.
• Only do it at certain shows, not all. One reason, it changes up the shows and repeat customers get something new. Two, people like having shows. Use this in your weaker months when you need the bookings or the Show-to-Go!
• Have a nice gift for the hostess, but something you’re not selling enough of that you want to increase sales in. I felt with holiday dinner parties in the months to come, the fork & spoon would be good.

If you are trying to book certain dates, then yes...write the dates on the outside of some balloons and use the same strategy, only those dates will have more beneficial gifts.

Rita,
I remember seeing this awhile back and I'm glad you re-posted it. I think this sounds fun and I've never tried anything like it! I may try it at a Pampered Bride Show I have next weekend. OR I may offer $5 extra in free products to the bride when someone books a show for October or November. Oh, wait. I'm not able to wait to award that until the actual booked show. Maybe that's not a good idea because people may say they'll book, but cancel and I'll be out the $5. So maybe I'll do your idea! I like that.

Unless anyone else has other suggestions for booking incentives at Pampered Bride Shows. Anyone? :confused: This will be my first one and I'm excited!

Pampered Bride ShowBecky, I had a Pampered Bride show last Friday. Had a "soap" game and "how well do you know the hostess" on half a sheet of paper, double sided. We started with the know the hostess game to break the ice. Had them share some of their answers, then I read what the bride had. Rather than just reading them though, I lied on a couple to see their expressions and get them laughing & loosening up. ie: Favorite musician or group. She had some rock group. When I said "Frank the great Sinatra", they were all "WHAT!". Favorite underwear...I said, "oh, my...can we share this with your mother present? Well, let me just tell you that apparently our bride here doesn't get to wash laundry that frequently". Then of course gave correct answers. The one with the most correct answers one an old Season's Best and said something cheesy about collecting quality recipes and quality memories at the PC Bridal show.
The "soap" game allowed me to transition into the special of the month and how there's no need to use soap or detergent on the stones. They enjoyed it too, and the one with the most answers won.
The soap game: How many soaps and detergents can you find?
With joy in her heart, (brides name) made a dash for the mailbox. What a thrill to find that her Pampered Chef products had arrived.
Giving a shout, (bride’s name) raced into the house like a Haley's Comet.
"Why all the excitement?" asked her fiancé. "If you'd use some of the energy to keep the house spic n span and to get the laundry done, I might have enough clean clothes to tide me over," he said.
"So, you think house work is a breeze" (bride’s name) retorted. "Here's the whisk broom; now why don't you climb down from your ivory tower and give me a hand?" "And as for the laundry, I thought I woodbury that in the back yard."
"One more bold remark like that", said her fiancé "and I'm going to dial the dress shop and cancel the order for your wedding dress. How duz that strike you?"
"Not on your lifebuoy" (bride’s name) said, grabbing the phone from his hand. "I was only teasing Sweetheart he said, "Now go and open your Pampered Chef box to cheer you up!
1. Joy
2. Dash
3. Thrill
4. Shout
5. Comet
6. All
7. Spic N Span
8. Tide
9. Breeze
10. Whisk
11. Ivory
12. Woodbury
13. Bold
14. Dial
15. Chiffon
16. Duz
17. Lifebuoy
18. Sweetheart
19. Cheer

I did get another Bridal show lined up for next month (the additional bride-to-be requested that I do one for her upcoming wedding. not sure who will "host" for her yet), one regular kitchen show, one potential, and one potential recruit.

Remember, they want to visit even moreso than at a regular show. So keep the bride involved and keep the demo short. Good luck with your show.

Last edited:

What is the "Successful Hosting Pays Off: 4 Shows & a Fair!" promotion?

The "Successful Hosting Pays Off: 4 Shows & a Fair!" promotion is a special incentive program for Pampered Chef hosts. It rewards hosts who successfully host four cooking shows and one fair show within a specified time frame with exclusive rewards and benefits.

How long is the designated time frame for the "Successful Hosting Pays Off: 4 Shows & a Fair!" promotion?

The designated time frame for the "Successful Hosting Pays Off: 4 Shows & a Fair!" promotion is typically 3-4 months. However, this may vary depending on your region and current promotions.

What are the benefits of participating in the "Successful Hosting Pays Off: 4 Shows & a Fair!" promotion?

There are several benefits to participating in the "Successful Hosting Pays Off: 4 Shows & a Fair!" promotion, including earning exclusive host rewards, receiving recognition and appreciation from Pampered Chef, and possibly even qualifying for additional bonuses or incentives.

Do I need to host all four cooking shows and the fair show myself to be eligible for the promotion?

No, you do not need to host all four cooking shows and the fair show yourself to be eligible for the promotion. You can also partner with friends or family members to host the shows, as long as you are listed as the host on the orders and the shows are successful.

How do I keep track of my progress for the "Successful Hosting Pays Off: 4 Shows & a Fair!" promotion?

Your Pampered Chef consultant will help you keep track of your progress for the promotion. They will provide you with a tracking sheet and also keep track of your show orders to ensure you meet the requirements for the promotion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • SDTeaGirl