• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Show Flop: How Can I Boost Bookings for My Open House?

In summary, In Debbie's first month of business she did a cooking show and a catalogue show. She got one catalogue booking from the catalogue show and no bookings from the cooking show. She drew the door prize for the cooking show and gave out free samples as door prizes.
schel
:(
Hello!
Well, had my first show, totals are not all in yet but I think we are at around $600.00 so far.
No one wanted to book though. (Frustrating!)
I have my Open House this weekend and hope things are going to go better.
I was wondering if I should have put an ad in the weekly paper in town, but never got around to it.
I am going to put signs out kind of advertising like when you have a garage sale the day of the Open House with directions to my house.
I really have no Idea how many this will bring in, has anyone ever done this?
So; I am really hoping for some bookings off of this show.
Wish me luck!
Schel

Here are some threads about open houses..
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=7467&highlight=open+house
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=7273&highlight=open+house
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=6407&highlight=open+house
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=6406&highlight=open+house
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=5322&highlight=open+house (doing open house as a fundraiser for Help Whip Cancer)
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=5270&highlight=open+house

those are just some. if you click on the "search" button at the top right of your screen, you can type in "open house" and get pages of threads. good luck at finding the help you need, and if you need anything else, everyone's here for ya!

I had no bookings from my first 3 shows then only 1 from my third! 4 months later and bookings are still my hard spot. Just keep it up. It is well worth it the first time you see the $$$!!

I didn't get any bookings from my 1st 3 shows either:( My SS1 was March. But things are looking up! My SS3 I already have 6 bookings for May. Just keep at it, if you build it they will come lol!!:D If you can find the CD by Belinda Ellsworth called "Step into Success" definitely listen to it! Ask around at your Cluster meetings! And definitely go to your Cluster meetings, everyone is soooo helpful! And this site is a must!!:D And just make sure that you spend more time working than you do on this site "addicting"!!

Last edited:
Get on the phone. Call everyone and ask them again.

in my first month of business I did 3 cooking and 1 catalogue show and only got 1 catalogue booking.
I did a open house last month and I sent out a mass email, made invitations and passed around the neighbourhood...and I think less then 10 came, but I still ended up with a $600 show, but no bookings :(

Are you asking every single person at check out if they want to book a show? Are you mentioning it at least three times during your demo? Do you talk about host benefits?

If you are desperate...offer FREE stuff along with host benefits. I'm not selling to go into bankrupcy or anything but a little arm twisting is needed sometimes and a little incentive goes a long way. Sometimes it is the reason some people will take a chance and do a show. Something small but something nice!
You could even offer to buy the ingredients "Free Show!"
I know when I first started PC we had to have 6 shows to qualify and I had them already set up and ready to go. I didn't get any bookings the first 3 shows but then after that I offered a little something FREE that I would tag on to their host order and I got bookings.
I also did FREE ingredients a few times and that worked!

Plus I also said "Look everyone honestly I am new at this and I really need some help to boost my business! I would appreciate you doing a show for me, catalog or kitchen or giving me some referrals. I know you must know some people who love to cook, or love to have their cooking time made easier and quicker with PC products!"
I offered the highest selling host for my first three starter months a FREE gift also! Just some pot holders, oven mitts, kitchen towels, and a PC cookbook!
Debbie
Just some ideas!

I started off the year by drawing the door prize and it being a free cooking show. That got me going for a couple of months and then at the February show I only had four people show up and no one put their name in or pulled their names out when I said what the prize was. Now i don't know what to do. I have a couple of catalog shows out and I don't want to sound desperate for cooking shows. Any ideas?

I have ordered samples and such from the paperwork supply, especially for door prizes! These are some items I have given out as door prizes:
• Season's Best (Paperwork, 10 for $6)
• Citrus Peeler (Paperwork, 10 for $3)
• Quick-cut paring knife (Paperwork, 5 for $4)
• Dill seasoning samples (Paperwork, 5 for $4)
• coffee samples (Paperwork 4 for $4)

When I really want bookings, I add an extra incentive when talking about it. Such as recently, I offered a free batter bowl when they book a show. To encourage hosts this month getting bookings at their shows I am offering $5 off the top of their order if they get two or more bookings. I am also offering free cooking shows if people book a show with me by May 15.

People love free stuff, and make sure that the open house is fun, like with games maybe? My open house was a bust because I didn't say anything about any of the products and everyone was sitting around waiting to leave. It barely closed above $300. I gave free things to everyone (good stuff like the saute pan, jumbo turner, and outdoor plates) but it just wasn't any fun. I was going to put out signs for the public like you say, but I chickened out.

What is a First Party No Bookings?

A First Party No Bookings is when a hostess invites friends and family to a Pampered Chef party, but does not want to book any future parties for herself.

Do I still earn rewards for a First Party No Bookings?

Yes, you can still earn hostess rewards for a First Party No Bookings. As long as the party reaches a minimum sales amount, you will receive free and discounted products based on the total sales.

How do I handle future bookings at a First Party No Bookings?

If a guest at the party is interested in hosting their own party, you can still book it as a future party for yourself. However, you will not receive any additional hostess rewards for that party.

Can I still earn my consultant commission at a First Party No Bookings?

Yes, you will still earn your consultant commission on sales made at a First Party No Bookings. Your commission will be based on the total party sales, just like any other party.

What should I do to make a First Party No Bookings successful?

To make a First Party No Bookings successful, you can focus on providing a great customer experience and showcasing the products in a fun and engaging way. Encourage guests to share their favorite products with their friends and family and offer incentives for placing orders at the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robochick84
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
robochick84
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • Christa