• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Hwc Fundraising Event Is This Saturday

In summary, John is planning a combined Mother's Day event with a PartyLite friend. They are advertising the event to make sure that all orders will be delivered by Mother's Day. They are serving simple food with a dipping sauce and two new sauces.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I am so stoked! The flyers have been out for all of a day and I have three calls, two e-mails asking questions! I am doing a combined affair with a PArtyLite person called "Dinner By Candle Light". We are setting up 4 place settings. 1 with my good china, one with the Dots Dinner ware, one for outdoors and one buffet table using the bamboo. Then my PartyLite Friend will be adding the candle light! It will be so much fun! And we have advertised it to make sure people know that all their orders will be to them by Mother's Day! I am sending it in on the 2nd. This one is special so it will be seperate from the MASSIVE one for the month of May.
TO COOL!!!

What a great idea John!! I bet that will be a great event. I can't wait to hear how it goes. What are you serving on all your place settings? I would love to see your flyer.

Well, nothing on the place settings themselves! I hate doing dishes but I am going to take olive oil and the two new oil dipping seasonings with some crusty bread. I am making a Cheesy Chipotle Dip and Greek Cheese and Spinach Spread. I am also going to simply pour 1/2 cup of the two new sauces over 8 ounce cream cheese blocks and serve it with crackers. I want to keep it very simple and inexpensive. And as I never mention food in the flyer, I could take nothing if I so choose.
I am not sure why but I can not get anything at all to attach. I even zipped the one so it would go but apparently it will not. Must be too big.

After some major reaming from my mom, the PartyLite guy and his sister and two other people helping me tomorrow, it has been decided that I am buying some bread, pretzel sticks and olive oil. Going to only put out the dipping seasonings and the two sauces. Then I found out our ad ended up front page and center of the local paper! They only have a distribution of 6000!
Not only that but I have gotten over 30 calls since Wednesday when the ad went in and about 25 e-mails! If they all show up - that will be so worth it!!
I have been doing Pampered Chef since 2001. Funny thing abou tthis one, and I have no idea why, but I feel like it is my very first party! I am so antsy and nervous that I almost feel sick to my stomach! I sure as heck hope I do not feel that way tomorrow!
Now I have a wish for all of you doing anything for HWC.
That wish is to find all the other, because if you are doing HWC you are one, earth bound angles that are out there and that they too will come to help you! Whether it be taking orders or placing them, let them flock to you!
Good luck in May everyone!

Good luck to you John - you will do great with your attitude!!

Thanks Gina!

John,

LOVE The idea! And I LOVE the results.....I'm so glad you are going to raise lots of money for The American Cancer Society! Wishing you much success.....keep us posted!

I have been trying so hard to generate interest for HWC and am perplexed that it has been so difficult.....may snag your idea! lol

Well, event one is done. Not as good as hoped but we were dealing with really crappy weather. We had thunderstorms all day long. I did $401.90 in sales. $360.50 in commissioanble sales. So, the best laid plans. I was leary of this one but I thought maybe with the really good advertising that maybe it would not be a wash. Well, it was not but it was no where near what I had hoped for. I had hoped for at least twice that. I did get three bookings though. So that helps too. And additional $9 never hurts.
So now on to number two and the Weinie roast! That one is this Saturday from 10:30 to 3 p.m. and I have a cooking show/fundraiser at 7 p.m. that night as well. So we will see what happens then. Still looking for $6000! Only $5639.50 to go!

John,
Don't be too bummed! Remember to always look at the positive, you're $401 closer to your goal than you would be without this party! You have such well-laid out plans that I know you will do well in reaching your goal!
Keep us posted!
Jen

Well, I just got this today about 30 minutes ago and almost had a heart attack! You think it might be a good idea to majorly plan a display rather than just placing a few items on a table? I had no idea this would be such a formal event! Luckily I have lost about 30 pounds again and can wear my jacket from last NC!! All I can say is what the heck have I gotten myself into!??! I hope I am not in over my head here. I have two helpers for that weekend there and no one now at the church flower sale so I best get to making some calls. I don't know if two people will be enough at the hotel! I just don't know! YIPES!

Attachments

• Print 2.pdf
    92.2 KB · Views: 388
How do you find these things???? I am so amazed. Best of luck.

Good Luck you have your hands full for this and I hope it is all you want out of it....

Well, I didn't find it. My sister-in-law works for a company whose boss is apparently on their mailing list. And as it coincided with HWC month, I decided what the heck. I had no idea whatsoever that this was associated with a nationally distributed magazine and would be such a big deal. In fact, my dad spotted the newspaper ad and asked my mom if that was the event that we were doing and he said that he could tell it was something quite formal. I was planning on setting up a few things on a table and order forms. Now, I am totally rethinking everything. I am not even sure I will be OK with black slacks and my PC polo! I feel like I should do a suite and tie! (UGH!)
I might for Friday's thing as I need to see the space but I may not stay for the rest as I do not want to embarass myself. Anyway, I will keep you posted! And thanks for the good thoughts!

I.M.O.:D No Suit or tie....you want PC to look approachable.....fun, easy, and for everyone! You want people to feel comfy coming up to you and asking questions........your attire will be their first impression of what kind of shows you have........just my 2 cents

Have fun & Hoping it's a HUGE success!:D

Maybe forgo the coat, but put on a tie --- women like a guy in a tie! I did a regional women's show for 2 days - Saturday wore 'casual' PC shirt with denim apron, got 2 drawing slips and no bookings. Sunday wore white shirt & tie, with white (wedding or whatever) apron, got 7 bookings and 12 drawing slips. I'm just saying... you can't go wrong in a tie (you can always take it off!)

Sounds like a plan Scott. Laurie thanks but I am thinking this way, I have three other people working the booth on Saturday as I could not find someone to do the church flower sale so I have to be there. So, since I will be there Sunday and it is Mother's day, I think a shirt and tie may be in order. Ugh! Now I gotta go shopping. I have not worn a button down shirt in over three years!

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
Sounds like a plan Scott. Laurie thanks but I am thinking this way, I have three other people working the booth on Saturday as I could not find someone to do the church flower sale so I have to be there. So, since I will be there Sunday and it is Mother's day, I think a shirt and tie may be in order. Ugh! Now I gotta go shopping. I have not worn a button down shirt in over three years!

You know I have to retract my statement. :blushing: I have to agree with you and Scott. Good luck! I can't wait to hear the results.....I hope it is fun and profitable! :blushing:

OK - UPDATES:
Wienie Roast Saturday, May 2nd - $517 - we also have $225 in Raffle Ticket sales and wienie roast proceeds.
Flower Sale - Firday and Saturday, May 8th and 9th - $150. I was sort of expecting less here. Not bad considering. And there are two more orders coming from that one for sure. So it will probably end up being almost $200.
The BIG ONE AT THE HOTEL THAT I PAID $180 to do - Saturday and Sunday, May 9 and 10 - WHAT A HORRIBLE WEEKEND!!!! We did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON SATURDAY! And $205 in sales on Sunday. We have $125 is Raffle ticket sales! Really awfull! Oh well. I can not even say that cash and carry would have made a difference as the Tasetfully Simple lady next to me made a whole $125 in cash and carry and no orders and the Tupperware ladies on the other side took home a little less than $200! It was really bad for everyone!!
Now, on to the one here at work on Friday, May 15th and the "Meal Deals" one on Saturday and Sunday, May 16 and 17. And I have added another one at my home that is being advertized on our neighborhood website as well as in the flier I made up for our neighborhood walks. The Association pres said go for it so... That one is another wienie roast from noon to 4 on the 30th. It may not produce much either but a lot of littles may make it big. Grand total thus far is $902! It is a far cry from the $6000 I was hoping for! Not to mention if the rafflel does not produce well, I may not have donors next year to do another one. I am so trying to stay positive though.

Well, I handed out the invites to the Taste Testing at work today for the party tomorrow. I have already given out several catalogs and order forms to people who will not be here, I have one $31 order and a lady took 5 order forms home to show her family!!! I am also introducing the "Magic Pot" recipe package from Michael Reeves. I printed the BBQ Chicken Sandwich receipe to tease people with and I think I may actually have orders for the WHOLE PACKAGE!!! I showed 6 people the recipe, none of them have the DCB so... They were totally impressed when I told them about getting dinner out in about 20 minutes and for roughly a few bucks a person! One of our directors demoed that recipe at our meeting Tuesday and before she finished talking, she was done. We didn;t even notice!! Totally cool optional for that recipe is a BBQ Chicken Salad. Make the meat portion just as is even with the peppers and onions. You can do those either raw or cooked and simply pile all the stuff onto a bed of salad greens! You do not even need a salad dressing for it!
And I talked to the folks over at the Meal Deals event, I am giving them - just the employees 20% off - I am using one past hosts name to place the order so 10% there and 10% out of pocket. They ALL have orders. 10 of them! I gave the head chef my Forged Chef's Knife to road test as he was interested. He tried it and he likes it a lot so I think I sold one!! SO COOL! The head waitress also mentioned that people have been asking about the event too! I put up a large, full sized poster board ad in the lobby of the building they are in. Got my fingers crossed but I am not holding my breath. Like I said, I will take what I get but won't loose sleep if I do not hit the $6000. It is exciting though to go for the goal and feel the rush when it goes well. The down side is the let downs that can come from it. It only took me a few days to get over last weekend. Then I remembered that no matter what I do, it is for a wonderful cause. I think my 16 reasons would be proud no matter what. I know I feel good about it.

scottcooks said:
women like a guy in a tie!

Ok Ladies, who told men what we like...now all the mystery is taken away!!! Yes, as strong as we would like to appear, we are suckers for men in a tie!!!:thumbup:

John, I am SO impressed by your thought, energy and love your sharing! I am only doing one event on Saturday, but you are giving me some ideas!!!

I also am doing a fundraiser here at work for a Relay for Life team.

Will let you know results, but I will be happy to just hit a $150 mark!!!

Hi Ann - I think that is too funny! To be honest, that weekend went so poorly that I am not sure a Chipandale Dancer in ONLY A TIE would have done any good! (Now there's an idea for you! Just make sure it is a pink silk tie!)
I wish you much luck though in your fundraiser!

pampered1224 said:
Hi Ann - I think that is too funny! To be honest, that weekend went so poorly that I am not sure a Chipandale Dancer in ONLY A TIE would have done any good! (Now there's an idea for you! Just make sure it is a pink silk tie!)
I wish you much luck though in your fundraiser!

:love::love:I doubt if I would even know he had a tie on!!!!:love::love:!!! Because I am at a winery and upstairs, I have been encouraged to have a sign letting people know I am up there...I was thinking about slinging a pink bra over the sign which would say...help support healthy taa taa's:D JUST KIDDING!!!!!

I do want something catchy but not trashy so I guess I have to re-think it!!!

You two are cracking me up!

So on the 15th here at work I have $346 and the one over the two days of 16 and 17, I have $1044.32!!!
Not to shabby. That brings the grand total up to $2336.51 thus far. I have one more event on the 30th and I am going to do a little walking this weekend to neighbors who may not come on the 30th. So we will see.

Well, one of my out of state ladies came through today and I am now at $2880! So cool!!! That still leaves three ladies not heard from at all. I can not even seem to get them to call me back so I bet they did not do well at all.
Such is life. I also left the message with the message that I totally understand if they could not get orders with the economy being as it is but I would love ot hear from them one way or the other. I hope that gets me some calls.

ONE MORE EVENT AND SITTING JUST ABOVE $3000!!
Not to bad concidering I have a ton of orders but most average orders are $30. The economy here is definately having an effect. I live in a blue collar and off white neighborhood. Most of the places I have been able to set up are the same. And everyone is hurting. A LOT of my regulars had to beg off this year as well. None of them can afford the "extras" at full price. I did however end up with 6 bookings from two seperate parties. (That includes one regular, non-fundraiser party) What can I say, I need a pay check too!
How did everyone else fair? I hope all of you who tried were rewarded with something.

John, that's awesome the amount you're raised. Personally fund raisers scare me, but I think I'm going to have to rethink and get on board for next year. Besides being great for Cancer research, it sounds like it's a great way to make contacts as well. Bravo John!

Yep! A uniform is nice too.

FINAL RESULTS: (Way down from last year though.) But very good considering the economy is way out of wack!)
Total sales: (One month fundraiser) $3161.03 - $790.25 (25%) + 55 (pink itmes) = $845.25
Dinner By Candle Light = $308.85 = $61.77(20%) + 14 (pink items) = $75.77
Grand total = $921.02
I still do not have a cash donation amount but almost $1000 from the fundraisers is great.
I had so many of my regualrs that could not order this year, I did not know so many of them had lost jobs or had hours cut. I felt bad because I had had sent out reminders about once a week to most of them.
Just a reminder, tomorrow by mid-night is when all the fundraisers need to be in as well as the RUFTH donations to be recognized at conference.

Great job, John!

Good job John! You have got to be one of the top 10 FRs with that one! You just might get that smiling face of yours plastered on the big screen at conference with that total (if so, I want someone to have their camera ready and take a picture of your picture for me).

I am not sure how but I goofed on my numbers. I re-read the Fundraiser info and according to the flyer, the total guest sales is what the donation is base don, not the commissionable sales. So...(and my numbers were still goofed up and you all know I love to brag!)
Dinner By Candle Light: $308.85 ($61.77); 14 pink items + 3 bookings = $84.77
The month long: $3523.78 ($880.94); 55 pink itmes + with 14 items + 3 bookings = $944.94
I bought each of the items to have a double set + $4
I also bought 10 sets of the new pins - which I can not find to save my soul!
So, with all that it comes to $958.94.
Linda it is a cool thought but I highly doubt that I will make either the list for top 10 fundraisers or top 10 donation amounts. I just do not think that is possible. You know there are full timers out there that will beat that easily.
I just feel good tha tthe hard work paid off.
I have to laugh though, it is over but it is NOT over. I found out I should be receiveing all the goods except the direct ships probably Wednesday. Then I have to seperate it, deliver it to the pick up points and I still have to collect $$ from two ladies! I had two of the booked parties already this past weekend and one next Sunday. I was a bad person though and because I got so sick the 31st, I did not call one of the people to book their party. I have to get it doen but I want to do this when I do not sound so tired and disinterested that it really turns them off!
Anyway, I am good with what I did and I hope everyone is even if you only bought some stuff yourself! It all helps!

1. What is the purpose of the "First Hwc Fundraising Event"?

The purpose of the "First Hwc Fundraising Event" is to raise funds for a specific cause or organization through the sales of Pampered Chef products.

2. When and where will the event take place?

The event will take place this Saturday and the location will be specified on the flyers or promotional materials.

3. How can I participate in the event?

To participate in the event, you can attend and make purchases at the event or place an order through one of the organizers.

4. What is the "Dinner By Candle Light" event in conjunction with the Pampered Chef event?

The "Dinner By Candle Light" event is a combined affair with a PartyLite consultant, where attendees can see and experience the use of Pampered Chef products in a dinner setting.

5. When can I expect to receive my order if I make a purchase at the event?

All orders made at the event will be delivered by the 2nd of the following month. However, for the "First Hwc Fundraising Event", orders will be delivered in time for Mother's Day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Langrco