• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for a Successful First Holiday Vendor Fair with My Daughter's School PTA

In summary, the conversation discusses tips and suggestions for a first-time vendor fair with the PTA. Suggestions include having a catalog in a binder for customers to look at, offering items under $5 for kids to purchase, taking individual orders and shipping them to customers, and offering gift sets already put together. Other ideas mentioned include having a calendar with available dates and specials, using the "Free Money" recipe card idea, and offering pick-up options for orders. The conversation also touches on finding the product list under the Download Center of the website and offering safe cutters as a gift option for kids.
Kjurich
Ok I am a little nervous. . .I just booked my first Holiday Vendor fair with my Daughters school PTA. I have NEVER done anything like this. . . I looked over the other threads and there is a lot. So those who have done them what should I make sure I have and do?

I love the catalog in the binder idea, I will definatley have those for people to look at.
The PTA asks for us to also have some items under $5.00 for the kids to buy. I figure I will have Season's Best and . . . . What else.
I know with having some cash and carry items they wont get the warrenty so . . . do I just take orders? :eek:
I am so nervous. . . . I am working on putting together my booking slide. . . so what else. . .

As for the items under $5, I would go to CC and print the product list - you can do it by price. Maybe you could make a flyer with pictures of the things under $5 you want to offer?

I would definitely take individual orders and have them shipped to the customer. Having said that, if you see friends shopping together - I would suggest to them to combine their orders to save on shipping.

Something I am going to do at my vendor fair coming up next weekend is to offer gift sets already put together...kind of a shopping service almost. They may want to buy a gift but not know what, and seeing a batter bowl with a whisk and a ribbon could encourage a purchase I think :)

Also, be sure to have your calendar out with your available dates and the host and guest specials for this and next month!

As for things for the kids to buy, you could always go with things that you can use as door prizes--Citrus Peelers, SBRCs, Quikut Paring Knives, etc.Don't take too much. For my holiday booths I'm making up a few gifts for ideas--Prep Bowls with M&Ms, Batter Bowl Mix, etc. I won't be doing cash and carry (though I won't be dealing with kids, either), just giving people ideas.

If the event is before the 15th, do a raffle for the free turkey! Have people fill out the customer care slips to enter. That gives you their contact info to follow up.

I am trying the "Free Money" recipe card thing someone posted recently. I printed labels with "Free Money...Save..." then have a variety: Free Shipping, 10% off your order today, $5 today or $20 more free at your Dec/Jan show, Free Cooking Show ($15 value), etc. I'll let everyone pick a recipe card then explain what their "Free Money" means. Everyone wins.

The event is December 2nd

Pampered Angel said:
As for the items under $5, I would go to CC and print the product list - you can do it by price. Maybe you could make a flyer with pictures of the things under $5 you want to offer?

I would definitely take individual orders and have them shipped to the customer. Having said that, if you see friends shopping together - I would suggest to them to combine their orders to save on shipping.

Something I am going to do at my vendor fair coming up next weekend is to offer gift sets already put together...kind of a shopping service almost. They may want to buy a gift but not know what, and seeing a batter bowl with a whisk and a ribbon could encourage a purchase I think :)

Also, be sure to have your calendar out with your available dates and the host and guest specials for this and next month!

Where under CC woudl I find it . . . I looked but couldnt come up with anything:confused:

It's here:

Download Center > Products and Recipes > Fall 2011 Product List > Price

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll post it as an attachment :)

Got it perfect thank you

Another Idea is to offer Pick up your items. Lets say they order give them the 4.75 shipping and have them pick up their items on a given day about week and half from the event.

For the kids gifts to buy are they buying them for like christmas gifts for family or for themselfs? becuase I would suggest my safe cutters..

ChefShalon said:
Another Idea is to offer Pick up your items. Lets say they order give them the 4.75 shipping and have them pick up their items on a given day about week and half from the event.

For the kids gifts to buy are they buying them for like christmas gifts for family or for themselfs? becuase I would suggest my safe cutters..

It would be for the kids to buy for family or presents for other people

pchockeymom said:
If the event is before the 15th, do a raffle for the free turkey! Have people fill out the customer care slips to enter. That gives you their contact info to follow up.

Thanks for this idea! I am having a fair on the 12th and will close before the 15th. Since my husband gets a turkey from his work, we don't need two for Thanksgiving...I think I will limit it to people who place orders or book a show that is held in Nov, though.

1. What is the First Holiday Vendor Fair?

The First Holiday Vendor Fair is a special event organized by Pampered Chef to showcase our products and offer exclusive deals during the holiday season.

2. When and where will the First Holiday Vendor Fair take place?

The First Holiday Vendor Fair will take place on December 1st at the local community center from 10 am to 4 pm. The address is 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA.

3. How can I attend the First Holiday Vendor Fair?

To attend the First Holiday Vendor Fair, you can either purchase a ticket for $10 or RSVP with a Pampered Chef consultant to receive a free entry pass. Tickets can be purchased online or through your consultant.

4. Will there be any special promotions or discounts at the First Holiday Vendor Fair?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and promotions available only at the First Holiday Vendor Fair. Be sure to stop by our booth to take advantage of these deals!

5. Can I bring a friend to the First Holiday Vendor Fair?

Of course! The more, the merrier. You are welcome to bring friends and family to the First Holiday Vendor Fair and introduce them to the amazing products and deals from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • PCSarah