• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Us at the First Holiday Fair for Free Cooking Show with Dana the Chef!

In summary, Dana is suggesting doing a GC as a prize for a free cooking show. She also suggests different ways to advertise the shows, including a gift certificate, a drawing, or a Season's Best.
dldunphy
Hi Everyone!

I just received me acceptance into a Holiday Event in December. I have been reading about different ideas for events like this and some people do drawings and some don't. I was thinking about doing a drawing for a Free Cooking Show.

Any thoughts? Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks and happy Cooking!
Dana:chef:

I generally do a gift certificate ($25 - $50) and everyone I get contact information from wins a FREE cooking show!

If I do a GC as a prize, I make it worth one amount ($10 - $20) as is or more ($25 - $50) at their own PC show. That way they've won even if they don't do a show.**One of my pet peeves is winning something that isn't a prize if they don't get something out of me. That's not a prize. It's a booking incentive.

I don't like to advertise "Free cooking shows" as a gift because I think it makes it seem to those who don't know how our business works that there is a charge for having a show. The last booth I did at a local fair, I had a drawing for a free cookbook. It was for the SB and I mailed one to everyone who registered...it was a small expense for me, but good for making personal contact and making them feel remembered. I also offered an upgrade to a bigger cookbook for booking a show that day.(FYI some Christmas card envelopes are a perfect fit for the SB, just in case you have leftovers :) )I put a business card in each envelope and a label in the front of the cookbook with all of my information.People will throw away letters, flyers and such, but most likely not a cookbook. Every time they open it...there I'll be :D

Free cooking shows don't get anybody excited, IMO. Even if you bring all the recipe ingredients, paper plates, napkins, etc - they would still need to take time to prepare their home for guests and time is money.

I like Rae's idea of a $10 gift certificate that is worth double if they have a cooking show, though. Just make sure it is redeemable only through you, so you get commission on whatever they order.

A drawing for a Season's Best doesn't sound bad, either.

I've done free cooking shows for years - and it works! I've even had people walk up to me, seeing the sign - inquiring how does this work.

It turns my maybe's into a yes, and i make sure they know they have to give me a date that day and not call me back.

This year, my free cooking show will be making bread - how cheap and good!

I am doing a trifle bowl full of glass ornaments on the table to show people how it works - and asking them to fill out a form and guess how many ornaments are in it to win it. Everyone else wins a SB or a free cooking show.

I do what Rae does and it works out great for me.

Malinda Klein said:
I've done free cooking shows for years - and it works! I've even had people walk up to me, seeing the sign - inquiring how does this work.

It turns my maybe's into a yes, and i make sure they know they have to give me a date that day and not call me back.

This year, my free cooking show will be making bread - how cheap and good!

When you say "making bread", do you mean any bread recipe in our loaf pan? Or beer bread?

Thank you for all your great ideas.

It is in December and I will post pictures and update everyone how it went.

1. What is the "First Holiday Fair" event?

The "First Holiday Fair" is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef where independent consultants come together to showcase and sell our top kitchen and cooking products, as well as share holiday recipe ideas and tips.

2. When and where will the "First Holiday Fair" take place?

This year, the "First Holiday Fair" will take place on December 1st at our local convention center. Please check with your independent consultant for the exact location and time as it may vary by region.

3. Can anyone attend the "First Holiday Fair" or is it invitation-only?

Anyone is welcome to attend the "First Holiday Fair"! We highly encourage you to bring friends and family to join in on the holiday fun and shopping. You can also RSVP on our website to receive updates and exclusive offers for the event.

4. Will there be any special deals or promotions at the "First Holiday Fair"?

Yes, there will be exclusive deals and promotions available only at the "First Holiday Fair" event. Be sure to attend and check with your independent consultant for more details.

5. Can I purchase products at the "First Holiday Fair" or is it just for viewing?

Absolutely! The "First Holiday Fair" is a great opportunity to see and purchase our top products for the holiday season. Our independent consultants will be there to assist you with any purchases and answer any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies