• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alaska Cruise Adventure: June 25-July 4th

In summary, Dina is planning on going on a cruise in June and is looking for advice. She is worried about getting sick, but is reassured by a previous cruisegoer that there is ample room on a cruise ship and to not flush the toilet while still seated. She also recommends packing detergent, fabric softener, and Ginger Altoids should the need arise.
Dina Atnip
Gold Member
Just booked me and hubby first cruise to Alaska. We better not go down! LOL Any suggestion we leave June 25 get back on July 4th. :)

My favorite vacation ever was the cruise we took to the Western Caribbean a couple of years ago. Don't know if I have any real tips except to enjoy yourself!

Thank we are planning on enjoying ourself kids grown, grandkids are beautiful and I myself can't wait for this adventure.

OMG..I LOVE cruises..I am going on my 3rd June 20-27..

Anyway, my mom went on one before 2 years before my first one..and she didn't realize that there was SO MUCH to do on the ship besides sit by the pool and get off in the ports. So when we went she said about it. I don't know who you are cruising with but we cruise with Carnival and they put a thing in your room called the Carnival Caper each night that shows the activities that are on the ship the next day. We had so much fun and my mom enjoyed that one more than her first because we actually did stuff. We actually spent a lot of time inside doing the activities.

Thanks Heidi for the info.

We went to Alaska a few years ago on a cruise and totally loved it. The scenery was beautiful and amazing. I don't know which ports you are stopping in, but make sure you take the train ride in Skagway if you go there. It is usually cheaper to get off the boat and sign up for an excursion from someone local rather than doing it through the cruise line. We also took a float plane ride in Juneau over the glaciers. It was the highlight of the trip for me. Have fun and enjoy!

Dina - went to Alaska last year on a cruise (go look at some of my pics on my FB page) let me know if you need any suggestions! LOVED it!! Which line are you going on??

Dina, I got a great tip from another website that made my life so much easier, since there is not a whole lotta room in those cabins. First off, I hope that someone in your party got a balcony cabin- a lot of what we saw was from our balcony! Go to the dollar store, & get a hanging shoe holder- you know, the kind with a bunch of pockets to hold numerous pairs of shoes- & some shoestrings or something along those lines. Hang it over the back of your bathroom door, & you'll have room for all of your toiletries! And since you bought it at the dollar store, you won't mind leaving it behind. Saves a ton of room! Also, I did laundry part way through- just packed some detergent, fabric softener sheets- although now they have the all-in-one sheets- & maybe some quarters!! Again, I left anything leftover (not the quarters, though) for the crew.
Have a fabulous time!

PamperedDor said:
Dina - went to Alaska last year on a cruise (go look at some of my pics on my FB page) let me know if you need any suggestions! LOVED it!! Which line are you going on??

I looked could not find any pics from Alaska or did I just miss them, that is always possible. Thanks

also Dina there is a website called cruisecritic . com check it out..it is great..you can select your cruise line and read reviews..ask questions. I love it.

So glad I asked. We did book a balcony so the bath is not big enough for much? HMM Great ideal about the shoes never would of thought of that. I believe it is Royal Carribean the Rhapsody.

HAHA..balcony or not..the bathrooms are TINY..LOL..sorry..just made me laugh when you said that.

My biggest concern when I went was getting sick..but there is a lady at my church who swears by anything ginger..and she found ginger altoids..so i took them with us and ate them..and I was good to go..LOL

So where do you get the ginger altoids? Laughing with you it has to be big enough for sink, stool and shower right?

I found the Ginger Altoids at Rite Aid..or other drug stores..if you can't find them..PLEASE let me know..I will gladly mail you a tin of them..even if you don't need them..I was glad that I had them..just in case..I am strange like that though..LOL..

Yep..The bathrooms are JUST big enough for all of them..and don't flush the toilet while you are still sitting on it..it might suck you in..LOL..

Sorry..they are the silly things that people told me before my first cruise.

Another suggestion that I have is this..if there is any kind of food that you have EVER thought about trying and haven't and they serve it on the cruise..TRY IT..because if you don't like it..you just send it back..and you didn't lose any money..that is something I love about it..I have tried lots of new and interesting things that I hadn't before..even things that I NEVER would have tried if I had to pay for it..lol

Last edited:
That is so true about trying a new food! My husband is so hard to convince to try something new, but when I tell him it won't cost anything, it gets a little easier.

Also with the eating, we would order more than one entree if we wanted. It has been a few years since I have cruised (about 6) but we if we wanted the lamb and the beef option, we would just order both and they never had a problem with it.
As for Alaska bring clothes that you can layer. Because you can start off real cool in the morning and then by afternoon it is hot so def a light jacket, a sweater or sweatshirt and even something for warm weather. If you will be stopping in the southeast I would bring a raincoat or umbrella. It can be pretty rainy there. You can look at optional onshore tours online. I am not sure if you can find prices, but you should be able to look up what you can do. There is a lot of travel information about Alaska online. It is how we stay connected. So there should be websites that will connect you to local tour companies if you want to go cheaper on-shore tours. My one cruising tip, eat in the dining room every night - the food is just so much better. Order room service one of the mornings food is free, just tip the server, (unless they already build that in) , and dress up all fancy for the captain's dinner (you just feel glamorous). Enjoy! OH - binoculars - don't forget those.

1. What is included in the Alaska Cruise Adventure package?

The Alaska Cruise Adventure package includes a 10-day cruise from June 25th to July 4th, accommodations on the cruise ship, all meals and snacks onboard, and access to onboard entertainment and activities.

2. Are there any additional fees or expenses?

The package price covers most expenses, but there may be additional fees for optional excursions, alcoholic beverages, and gratuities for the cruise staff. Travel insurance is also recommended and can be purchased separately.

3. What is the itinerary for the Alaska Cruise Adventure?

The cruise will depart from Seattle and make stops in Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and Victoria, British Columbia. There will also be scenic cruising through the Inside Passage and Tracy Arm Fjord.

4. Can I bring my children on the Alaska Cruise Adventure?

Yes, the cruise welcomes families and offers a variety of onboard activities for children. However, please note that children under 6 months old are not permitted on the cruise ship.

5. Is airfare included in the package?

Airfare is not included in the package price. However, our team can help you arrange flights to and from Seattle if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • nay62
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • chefpenny99
  • General Chat
Replies