• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Cooking Show This Weekend!

In summary, the speaker recently became a consultant and has a cooking show this weekend. They are hoping to make sales and are also trying to get Christmas orders this week. They mention a recipe and ask for tips and advice since they are nervous about the show. Another person, who is also around the same age and has struggled with getting started, shares that the key to getting bookings is to ask. They suggest introducing oneself and asking for feedback during the show. They also recommend practicing the recipe and having a helper. They suggest getting to know the guests and asking for bookings to expand one's circle. The final advice is to relax, have fun, and ask for help from friends and family.
texasteacher
I became a consultant last week. My first cooking show is this weekend. I have yet to make any sales (I have one cooking show on the calendar and a catalog show for a friend so here's hoping). I'm also trying to get some Christmas orders in this week.

I was thinking of the tomato basil square recipe. I just got the mini kit (I'm on a budget and already had several of the large kit items... thought I'd save the money and choose a PC item I wanted instead).

Tips? Advice? I'm super nervous. I'm younger (just turned 30) and doing a show for a friend's mom and her friends who have been cooking longer than I've been alive.

My best advice would be to have fun! I am the same age as you and have also struggled with getting started. Also - the thing that gets you bookings is to ask! Ask everyone you know to book a party - make it sound fun but if you don't ask they can't say yes! As far as the show introduce yourself and let them know this is your first show - ask for feedback at the end of things that they liked or didn't like. Sometimes when I do shows for women much older than me I will hold up a utensil and ask them what it's for or ask how many people have the product if it's a popular one. Good luck and remember to smile and have fun!

Be sure they know it is your first show and guaranteed, they will want to help you, and they will think you are wonderful. That is how my first show went. Be sure to practice the recipe at home. I would ask someone to be your "helper" and read the recipe directions for you as you go along. I usually have the guests go around the room and introduce themselves and say which PC item is their favorite--they will sell to the other guests--ask them what they use it for, also.Relax and have fun. Be sure to ask for bookings so you can meet people outside of your circle quickly, which is the key to your business. You'll find people like to "help" you out, especially your mom's friends. Good luck!!

What should I expect at my first cooking show?

At your first cooking show, you can expect to have a fun and interactive experience while learning new recipes and kitchen tips from a Pampered Chef consultant. You'll also have the opportunity to sample delicious food and try out some of our top-rated kitchen tools.

What should I bring to my first cooking show?

You don't need to bring anything to your first cooking show, just yourself! Our consultant will provide all of the ingredients and tools needed for the recipes being demonstrated. However, if you have any special dietary restrictions or food allergies, feel free to bring your own snacks or let the consultant know beforehand.

How long will the cooking show last?

The average cooking show lasts about 2 hours, but it may vary depending on the number of recipes being demonstrated and the level of participation from the guests. We make sure to keep the show fun and engaging, so the time will fly by!

Do I need to purchase anything at the cooking show?

There is no obligation to purchase anything at the cooking show. However, if you see something you love and want to add to your kitchen, our consultant will be happy to assist you with placing an order. Plus, there are often special discounts and deals available for guests who make a purchase at the show.

Can I host a cooking show at my own home?

Absolutely! Hosting a cooking show at your own home is a great way to bring friends and family together for a fun and delicious experience. Just reach out to your consultant to schedule a date and time that works for you, and they will handle the rest!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Jen1409
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefEmie
  • KellerCooks