• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Booth Saturday, Please Help

In summary, the Pampered Chef consultant is looking for help with what to take to a booth and what not to take. They are also looking for advice on what to do in general.
alabama pc cons.
I am doing my first booth on Saturday and just found out today that I will be doing it.... I need some help to make sure I have everything in line. I have old catalogs, as well as new and minis. I have business cards, some recipe cards. I would like to do the spice rack sticker game, but only have one mix n chop, 6 seasons best, but a ton of pan scrapers... I plan to take plenty of order forms.. I have a banner, don't know if there will be a place to hang it. If not, do I attach it to my table? I am holding an open house on Dec 14 and 16, should I take invitations to give for that? Basically I need help on figuring out what to take, and what not to take and what to do in general... I do not have stuff on hand to sale, and from what I have read that is not a good idea anyway... When I talked to the lady over the vendors and told her who I was with, she said "oh great", so I said, there is not a pc consultant already signed up? she said, as far as I know, there isn't... So, I think that is a good sign... Since I just moved here, I think it will be a great way for people to learn that I am here.... Any help will be great... Thanks in advance.

first and formost... relax.... :)

second. banner or no banner, people will know what you have just by looking at your table.. :)

from your list your taking what you need. :) giving away recipe cards is good for those who order, think of them as a normal customer at a party. :) full service check out..

thank you, thank you..... I needed to hear that....relax..... I am so nervous....

My top word of advice is to make sure that you stand in front of your table at all times...it makes you sooo much more approachable than the others that you see hiding behind a table. Just relax and have fun, and introduce yourself as the Pampered Chef consultant to the other vendors there as well...they understand that you have your own business and sometimes will place orders or book shows...some will ask if you want to hold shows together with them and whatever they sell, which might be an ok idea for your open houses, but its totally up to you whether or not you think this will be advantageous to your business! I did my first booth back at the end of November, and it was a lot of fun...just a small ladies' day out at a chiropractor's office, but I had enough sales to make a show!! You just never know!!Good luck!

First and foremost, relax and enjoy yourself.Standing in front of your table is really good advice, if you can do it. At my booth on Saturday I'll not be able to do that because of the way it's set up. So, don't let it throw you if you can't do that.The most important things I can tell you about doing a booth are:Greet everyone, engaging them by asking if they're familiar with The Pampered Chef. If you're talking with someone when someone else comes up, make eye contact and nod. This lets them know that you're aware that they're there. Now, if that other conversation you're having is business-related, continue until the natural end of that conversation. If the conversation you're having is chit-chat with a friend or another vendor, say, "Gotta go," and give the attendee your full attention. If someone stops to talk, ask if they have any questions. Ask if they've considered PC for Christmas gifts. Ask if they've ever considered hosting a show/party. Here's the key--wait for them to answer and really listen to their answer. Let their answers lead the conversation.Don't verbally vomit on them. Don't tell them all of the upcoming specials, every single advantage to hosting, and the great reasons for joining your team--especially if they haven't asked about any of those things. Best wishes! Let us know how it goes.

I totally agree with standing in front if you can! That way if people don't stop by your booth, you can always just hand them a recipe card. I've had booths that I've even pushed the table back to give me more room after they put chairs behind the table. I usually try to set those off to the side and tell people they can feel free to sit there and browse through the catalog if they would like to.

Also don't try to do too much or bring too much! I usually just bring what's in my kit in my car along with the rest of the stainless bowls and bamboo bowls. This season I'm also bringing the holiday divided platter. Otherwise that's it for me. Leaves my table less crowded and less work for me.

Thanks everyone. I am super excited (along with a little nervous)... But I know I can do this, and I was just told by the Chamber of Commerce director that there is not another PC consultant in the two adjoining cities... WOW.... I will definitely let ya'll know how it goes... Thanks again.

alabama pc cons. said:
Thanks everyone. I am super excited (along with a little nervous)... But I know I can do this, and I was just told by the Chamber of Commerce director that there is not another PC consultant in the two adjoining cities... WOW.... I will definitely let ya'll know how it goes... Thanks again.

I'm curious how they would know that. Unless they personally know everyone in town?

Maybe they think PC people need to "register" or something?

Lots of great advice here.

I would print out one replacement parts form so folks can look at it and get the address & idea of what the parts cost. I seem to get a replacement part question at every booth I do.

I love booths and meeting people! You'll have fun!

As far as the Chamber, it is a small two towns combined, probably 4000 total... She was just going by the fact that noone else was a consultant as far as she knew about... I have not had anyone else to tell me that anyone else is either...I do have a repl parts form.... I can't wait....

What is First Booth Saturday?

First Booth Saturday is an event that Pampered Chef hosts to help new consultants get their businesses off to a successful start. It is an opportunity for new consultants to set up their first booth at a local market or fair, with the guidance and support of experienced consultants.

Do I have to participate in First Booth Saturday?

No, participation in First Booth Saturday is completely optional. However, we highly recommend taking advantage of this opportunity to gain experience and exposure for your business.

How do I sign up for First Booth Saturday?

To sign up for First Booth Saturday, simply contact your team leader or mentor. They will provide you with all the necessary information and guidance to help you prepare for the event.

What should I bring to my first booth?

Your team leader or mentor will provide you with a list of recommended items to bring to your first booth. This may include products to display, business cards, order forms, and marketing materials. It is also important to have a positive attitude and a smile to attract potential customers!

What should I expect at First Booth Saturday?

At First Booth Saturday, you can expect to receive hands-on guidance and support from experienced consultants. You will have the opportunity to set up your booth, interact with customers, and make sales. It is also a great chance to network with other consultants and learn from their experiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yumyummum
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
yumyummum
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • alabama pc cons.
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies