• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Florida Fires: Massive Blazes Ravage County, Evacuations Underway | WFTV News

In summary, the county is having mass fires and some of Kristi's friends have been evacuated. Kristi is trying to stay safe and has been keeping in touch with her.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I'm not sure if you guys have been watching the news or not, but we are having MASSIVE fires in my county. I've taken a couple pictures so you can see what is surrounding my area. As of right now, we haven't been evacuated but one of my girls on my team was evacuated last night and again just now.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16232322/detail.html

Please keep us in our prayers. Thanks. the sad thing is that I just heard that someone keeps setting them! Can you say ARSON?

DSC01604.jpg

DSC01605.jpg

DSC01606.jpg

DSC01607.jpg

Oh geez Kristi! Will keep ya'll in our prayers that you all stay safe!

girl, they evacuate 2 schools in Bayside Lakes also, an it looks like it was also intentional

and NO rain in the forecast

I KNOW!! I'll call you in a minute.
The high school parking lot is on fire and westside now has flames by their windows. The kids are getting bused to Southwest (a middle school further away). It's scary! You better believe I have my sprinkler on!

I heard about this over the weekend, didn't realize it was this bad though. Keep safe and keep in touch with us.

Well I just got a reverse 911 call but since I have privacy director, I clicked one and it was gone! Now I have no idea what they're saying.

Oh my gosh, that is terrible! I'm praying for all! What is wrong w/people!!!

girl, DeeDee had to evacuate........................if you need to, run this way, my house is not big, but there's plenty of floor....................

pamperedlinda said:
what's a reverse 911 call?

It is used by emergency management and other organization to call everyone and warn them of impending danger.

Rather than you calling 9-1-1, it calls a distribution list with a pre-recorded message.

Used in cases like this to tell people to evacuate.

PampMomof3 said:
Well I just got a reverse 911 call but since I have privacy director, I clicked one and it was gone! Now I have no idea what they're saying.

I'd call your local Sheriff's office and ask what it was...

I called and they said that they were telling us about the fires. They said my area is not mandatory....Yet. They'll call if it is. My father in law just came here and took my kids from here. He's nervous and feels better taking the kids. So, now I just sit here and wait. I guess I'll get some things together.

Be sure to have your laptop ready too - you don't want to lose your PC data. If you don't have a laptop, back everything up!

PLEASE take care of yourself & be careful!!

Praying for your safety! Please keep us posted if possible. God Bless.

pamperedlinda said:
Be sure to have your laptop ready too - you don't want to lose your PC data. If you don't have a laptop, back everything up!

Ooh good thinking. I'll do that now but I'm trying to close a show!:)

Hey Kristi,
guess I picked a good time to move down :p I hope you and your family are doing ok. We arent much further away, but your more than welcome to stop in if you want to stay close by home.
We are further from you, but Hubby has me under strict orders to have everything ready to move out if it gets too close!!
This is a little too close for comfort!

Thanks Stacey. The helicopter with water is over head right now and I just found out that my best friend of 16 years just lost her home. I'm so sad and just keep crying....Please pray for us all.....:cry: :cry:

Kristi,

I am very sorry for your friend's loss. Prayers are coming your way for you and all involved. Please be safe.

Check in Kristi...
I've been worried about you all night.

Oh Kristi,
I woke up the the smell of the fires. I am only an hour to 90 minutes south of you - please please, if you need to come stay...pack up your family and come stay with us. I am PM'ing you my phone #s right now. Praying for your safety.

Any update Kristi?? Prayers for you, your family and all concerned - please try to update if possible!!!

Thanks Ladies. Right now, our home is not in immediate danger. The fires are still a 1/2 mile from my house in Bayside Lakes. I'm supposed to have a meeting tonight but obviously canceled that. my nerves are going today as yesterday was such an emotioal roller coaster. :( I'm hoping to get an update on my girlfriends house and another one who's house is extreme danger. If you're listening to the news and hear San Filippo and Lowry, that's the street her house is on and I can't imagine how's shes feeling.

Prayers coming your way Kristi, for all of you.

Oh Kristi, I will definately be thinking of you! I'm glad your kids are with their grandparents. So sorry about your friend....keep us updated & be careful! {{Hugs}}}

Thanks leggy and EVERYONE!! It's amazing how much support I"ve been receiving from everyone. It's so heart warming knowing I've surrounded myself with such caring people.

THank you!

When I saw the news this morning, I immediately thought of you and Carolyn! I wasn't on here yesterday, it was my hubby's and my 18th year anniversary!
Then I get on here and see this!:( I'm keeping you in my prayers, and know that we love you and are here for you! Please keep us updated!

Here is one article from yesterday on it...http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/may2008/2008-05-12-094.asp

Thank you guys!! We're still good. My brother in laws have been without power since 7 pm last night so they're food is spoiled now especially with the florida heat. I can't get a hold of my girlfriend so I'll post about her as soon as I hear. My dh is at his buddy's house (also one of my best friends who sells PC) try to put out some ashes that are still smoldering. They said the fire came so close to his house that the back yard play area is burnt and their girls bedroom blinds are melted which is in front of the house. It seems like it was closing in on the house and the firefighters did a great job putting it out.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16232322/detail.html

Keeping everyone in my prayers!

Was thinking of you last night Kristi.....hope you're still safe! Update us when you can:)

I was thinking about you this morning as well Kristi.
Praying you are still safe and sound.

Has anyone heard from Kristi today?

Prayers for all of you Kristi! I can't imagine what you are going through right now.

Hey guys! We're still good!! Kasey's street is still on fire so they're not out of the woods yet. They did catch a suspect this am so that's great news!! Please continue to pray for everyone affected. I'll try and attach some of my girlfriends pics of her yard and truck that blew up. My gf Jill who was told her house was gone, it turns out it's NOT!! It's still standing but her truck didn't make it and her lawn is charred but hey, that's okay!! She called this am and said she was watreing the lawn and the ground is so hot that the flip flops MELTED to her foot!! Now her feet hurt so......

I logged on today and was going to complain about all the rain we are getting here... my back yard is basically a swamp and it is supposed to be like this all weekend... but now I'm thankful for the rain. Stay safe, Kristi. If you want to escape it all, you're more than welcome to come stay in my swamp!

Okay, here you go:
Jill's Backyard & Canal
Backyardcanal.jpg

Jill's Dooly truck:
DoolyTruck.jpg

jills backyard next to kids bedroom window
Groundbytheboysroom.jpg

Jill's lot next door
Jillslotnextdoor.jpg

Remainder of jet ski
RemainderofJetSk.jpg

Playground in Jill's yard, notice how the ground is charred but the playground is still standing:
Swingset-lookatground.jpg

Jill making light of the situation, look at how charred her yard is!
backyardlotonnorthside.jpg

Here's more that my sister in law took of Westside ELementary:

Fire by the classrooms:
Westside-classroomwindows.jpg

Look at the electrical pole: GONE!
Westside-electricalpole.jpg

Lot next to school:
Westside-lotnexttoschool.jpg

K-6th grade playground at Westside:
Westside-playground.jpg

katie0128 said:
I logged on today and was going to complain about all the rain we are getting here... my back yard is basically a swamp and it is supposed to be like this all weekend... but now I'm thankful for the rain. Stay safe, Kristi. If you want to escape it all, you're more than welcome to come stay in my swamp!

Yes Katie! No complaining on Rain! We need it desperately in FLORIDA! EVERYWHERE before this starts happening in other places. It started yesterday again in Cocoa.

dannyzmom said:
Has anyone heard from Kristi today?

She's on here right now - I'm sure she'll check in soon...

janetupnorth said:
She's on here right now - I'm sure she'll check in soon...

I'm already here! Thank you everyone for your support. :D Ya'll are great!

PampMomof3 said:
I'm already here! Thank you everyone for your support. :D Ya'll are great!

Oops - posts crossed - glad you are still doing well.

...and as a firefighter I hope they catch this person REALLY soon!

There is no reason to destroy property and endanger civilian and firefighter/EMS personnel lives!!!!

I'd have a few words to say to the idiots, but I don't use that language...just send them to Carolyn, she'll fill them in for me... ;) Especially during PMS week - right Carolyn?????

Oh, I'm sure they will. They did catch a suspect this am and they had to take him to the hospital due to the police dog biting him. What's funny is m 7 year old said "He doesn't deserve to go to the hospital" I couldn't agree with my son more.

wow Kristi your friend is so lucky. That came so close to her house. I also can not believe that the slide or swings didnt melt. I am glad to hear they caught a suspect. And glad tohear your haouse is so far safe.

Wow, talk about too close for comfort! Thanks for checking in!

it is though
PampMomof3 said:
Yes Katie! No complaining on Rain! We need it desperately in FLORIDA! EVERYWHERE before this starts happening in other places. It started yesterday again in Cocoa.

It is going on other places in Florida though just not as big.

The one in the town just south of me has been going on for a couple days but is pretty much contained, just watching for flare ups. The one in the next county has been going on for almost a week with contninual flare ups.
These though were either natural or accidental.
I remember last year and how bad it got. You could smell smoke in the air for over a month and it was from big fires all over Florida.

We are deffinately praying for rain.

I don't know how I have missed this thread up til now but glad to hear you and your family are alright Kristi. I sure will not complain about our down pour of rain here these last couple of days. Wish I could send it your way!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • pamperedpals