• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Convenience of a Fire-Safe with USB | Costco

In summary, a fire-safe with USB is a secure safe box that protects important documents and digital media from fire and water damage. It has a built-in USB port for backing up and storing digital files. The benefits of having a fire-safe with USB include secure storage, protection from fire and water damage, and peace of mind. The storage capacity varies, but on average it can hold up to 100GB of digital media and important documents. The digital files stored in the safe can be accessed from any computer with the correct password and a USB connection. The fire-safe with USB is rigorously tested and meets fireproof and waterproof standards, with the ability to withstand high temperatures and water submersion.
NooraK
Gold Member
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11297000&search=safe&Mo=32&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=safe&Ntt=safe&No=15&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Ever heard of this? Does that mean I can put my portable hard drive inside it, and plug it into the safe, and then plug the safe into the PC, and my hard drive is always in the safe? I'd love that, not having to put it away and take out as I need it.

That is truly the craziest thing I have ever seen!

VERY interesting concept. But it has me wondering how you keep the external drive from overheating in there with no air circulating???
confused-smiley-013.gif

1. What is a fire-safe with USB and how does it work?

A fire-safe with USB is a safe box designed to protect important documents and digital media from fire and water damage. It has a built-in USB port that allows you to backup and store digital files securely. In case of a fire, the safe is designed to withstand high temperatures and keep your items safe.

2. What are the benefits of having a fire-safe with USB?

Having a fire-safe with USB offers multiple benefits such as protecting your important documents and digital media from fire and water damage, providing a secure storage solution, and giving you peace of mind knowing your valuable items are safe in case of an emergency.

3. How much storage capacity does the fire-safe with USB offer?

The storage capacity of a fire-safe with USB varies, but on average it can hold up to 100GB of digital media. It also has enough space to store important documents like passports, birth certificates, and legal documents.

4. Can I access the digital files stored in the fire-safe with USB from any computer?

Yes, you can access the digital files stored in the fire-safe with USB from any computer as long as you have the correct password and the safe is connected to the computer via a USB cable. This makes it convenient to access your files from different locations.

5. How do I know if the fire-safe with USB is fireproof and waterproof?

The fire-safe with USB undergoes rigorous testing to ensure it meets fireproof and waterproof standards. It is UL classified for fire endurance and can withstand temperatures up to 1550°F for up to 30 minutes. It is also ETL verified for water submersion for 72 hours, ensuring the contents inside the safe stay dry.

Back