• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I remove fingernail polish from pants?

In summary, if you accidentally get fingernail polish on your pants, it's important to act quickly by blotting the spot with a cotton ball or paper towel and using a fabric-safe nail polish remover. Regular nail polish remover should not be used on fabrics. While the stain may come out in the wash, it's best to take the pants to a professional cleaner if it doesn't. If the stain is on delicate fabric, it's best to seek professional cleaning help. To prevent nail polish stains, be careful while painting your nails, use a towel or old clothes for protection, and act quickly if a stain occurs.
Jennie4PC
Does anyone have a sure way to get fingernail polish out of pants or am I just sunk? My DD wanted her nails painted yesterday so I grabbed the lid thinking it was still closed and splattered blue polish all over my new capris. I tried the fingernail polish remover twice and washed them twice, and it is still there any other suggestions?

I have the same problem. Just bought some Grandma's Spot Remover (that's the name). I've had several people tell me that it works even on dried in stuff. I'll let you know!

Anxious to hear if that works... my friend's daughter had a bottle of fingernail polish wrapped in her clothes and it went through the wash! Talk about an unhappy mom! Everything had purple on it! Let us know Crystal!

Thanks let me know. I hope it works. A couple weeks ago I ripped my skirt that I wore to my shows so I bought the capris for my shows now I need to buy something else if I cant get it off.

WD 40..... rube well into the polish (both inside and outside your pant leg)

wash and repeat if needed.

Works, tried personally

Last edited:
Ok, this has NOTHING to do with your thread except, the title makes me think that KG is going to do a parody thread!!!! Or maybe it's just because I'm so bloomin' tired and the title made me chuckle.....

c00p said:
Ok, this has NOTHING to do with your thread except, the title makes me think that KG is going to do a parody thread!!!! Or maybe it's just because I'm so bloomin' tired and the title made me chuckle.....

I know, this is just what I was thinking!

What should I do if I accidentally get fingernail polish on my pants?

If you accidentally get fingernail polish on your pants, it's important to act quickly. Use a cotton ball or paper towel to blot the spot, being careful not to rub it in further. Then, use a nail polish remover specifically made for fabrics and follow the instructions on the bottle.

Can I use regular nail polish remover on my pants?

No, regular nail polish remover is not recommended for use on fabrics. It may contain harsh chemicals that can damage the fabric or cause discoloration. It's best to use a nail polish remover specifically made for fabrics.

Will the nail polish stain come out in the wash?

It's possible for the nail polish stain to come out in the wash, but it's not guaranteed. It's important to treat the stain as soon as possible and follow the instructions on the fabric-safe nail polish remover. If the stain does not come out in the wash, it's best to take the pants to a professional cleaner.

What if the nail polish stain is on a delicate fabric?

If the nail polish stain is on a delicate fabric, it's best to take the pants to a professional cleaner. They will have the knowledge and tools to safely remove the stain without causing any damage to the fabric.

Can I prevent getting nail polish on my pants?

You can prevent getting nail polish on your pants by being careful when painting your nails. Place a towel or old newspaper under your hand to catch any drips, and be mindful of where your hands and nails are while painting. You can also wear an apron or old clothes to protect your pants. If you do get nail polish on your pants, act quickly to remove the stain before it sets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips