• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Church Shopping Bazaar - Need Ideas for Food!

, the lady who called you, is having a church shopping bazaar and she doesn't know how many people to expect. she wants "some" food there - "doesn't have to be a lot" are the directions she received. she has asked you to provide food for the event. you are considering a mystery host show with food benefits being delivered to you. you also suggest serving food on the Cool N Serve Tray and using the Hummus with the morrocan rub as a dip. you also suggest serving mini graham cracker sticks with the sweet sauces. and you suggest taking extra veggies to make a second batch of hummus.
Pampered Angel
I have been invited to a church shopping bazaar happening this Saturday. The lady who called me has no idea how many people to expect, and she doesn't want to be the host. She wants "some" food there - "doesn't have to be a lot" are the directions I received.

SO...I'm thinking a mystery host show for sure - maybe one drawing entry for every $10 spent?

As for the food...any ideas? These are going to be people coming in and out for a duration of 4 hours. What can I keep edible...and good...for that long that's easy to pick up and eat? I'm blank...

I usually don't do food but at a two day event last weekend so many people asked me on day 1 if I had samples. I baked some beer bread and then put out a couple sauces I had in the house with some pretzels. That seemed to go over well.I don't do it as a mystery host, I usually just keep the benefits myself since the show is being shipped to. I take that to build up pantry items I need, gifts, etc.

wadesgirl said:
I usually don't do food but at a two day event last weekend so many people asked me on day 1 if I had samples. I baked some beer bread and then put out a couple sauces I had in the house with some pretzels. That seemed to go over well.

I don't do it as a mystery host, I usually just keep the benefits myself since the show is being shipped to. I take that to build up pantry items I need, gifts, etc.

Thanks for the ideas! One question though, how does it work with shipping if you keep the benefits yourself? If you enter yourself as the host, all of the show items will be delivered to me, right? Is there a way in P3 to have the show shipped to the church and the host benefits to me? I can't remember off hand...

I wouldn't have it shipped to the church, that means someone there would have to divide the orders up. Plus as in the case of the last one I did, everybody who orders may not be a member of the church (ie, drawn in by advertisements, other vendors, etc). If they live local, I have the items shipped to me and then hand deliver them. If they are out of my area, I have them direct shipped to the customer. Never had a problem with that. If you don't have time to hand deliver, then have the items direct shipped to everybody.

For food ideas if you have the Cool N Serve Tray, make up some of the dips and serve with veggies. Quick and simple but shows off some products and pantry at the same time.

Make a fresh salsa in the MFP and keep it in the cool and serve. take extra veggies to make a 2nd batch if needed. then you get a little demo in too!

the Hummus with the morrocan rub is awesome with pita chips.

the mini graham cracker sticks are good with the sweet sauces.

don't forget some paper towels to keep things clean.. and serve on the flexi mats and not on your table cloth.

deanna

1. What types of food would be good to sell at a church shopping bazaar?

Some popular food items to sell at a church shopping bazaar include baked goods such as cookies, brownies, and breads, as well as homemade jams, jellies, and pickles. Savory items like quiches, casseroles, and soups are also great options. Finger foods like meat and cheese platters, veggie trays, and deviled eggs are always a hit as well.

2. Can I sell Pampered Chef products at the bazaar?

Yes, Pampered Chef products are perfect for a church shopping bazaar! You can showcase our high-quality kitchen tools and cookware and offer samples of delicious recipes made with them. Our products make great gifts and can help make cooking and entertaining easier for your customers.

3. How can I make sure my food items are safe to sell at the bazaar?

It's important to follow proper food safety guidelines when preparing and selling food at a bazaar. This includes using clean and sanitized utensils and surfaces, keeping hot foods hot and cold foods cold, and storing and transporting food properly. Be sure to also check with your local health department for any specific regulations or permits needed for selling food at a public event.

4. What are some creative food ideas that will attract customers to my booth?

Consider offering themed food items such as holiday treats or dishes from different cultures. You can also offer a variety of options for special dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free or vegan items. Hosting a cooking demonstration or offering samples of your food items can also draw in customers.

5. How can I price my food items appropriately for the bazaar?

When pricing your food items, consider the cost of ingredients, your time and labor, and any additional expenses such as packaging or booth rental fees. You can also research prices of similar items at other bazaars or local markets to get an idea of what customers are willing to pay. Don't forget to factor in a little bit of profit to make it worth your time and effort!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • tvanhowling
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
debmiz
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies