1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Finger Food ideas needed

1. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

We are hosting a Poker game this weekend and DH wants non-messy food - all finger food.

Help! I need ideas!!! PC or non-PC recipes please.

We will have hot dogs and crackers/cheese. I suggested the mini-ham puffs, but since DH doesn't like those, he is shooting those down. (I still might make them, though.)

I was thinking about making something called Pepperoni Puffs. Mix chopped pepperoni with cream cheese and wrap them in crescent rolls. Has anyone had anything like this? If so, are they good?

But, I am drawing a blank for other ideas.
    Thanks!

Edit: And DH says "no" to the Quiche Lorraine tartlets and Elegant Artichoke cups.

Jan 12, 2010
  2. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Hot Pizza Dip, Jerk Chicken Nachos, Chicken Club Pizza, Tomato Basil Squares, Breadbowl Artichoke Dip, Pesto Cheese Pastries, Touch Down Taco Dip :)

Jan 12, 2010
  3. meganmcg

meganmcg Member

I haven't tried the pepperoni puffs, but we love the bacon bites that you use cream cheese and bacon wrapped in crescents. They are really easy too. I mix in some shredded cheddar with the cream cheese.

Jan 12, 2010
  4. kam

Thanks! I had thought about the Touchdown Taco Dip a few days ago - but forgot all about it. I was going to ask DH about the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. Where is the Pesto Cheese Pastries Recipe?

DH can be a pain in the you-know-what when it comes to things like this. He assumes if HE doesn't like it - no one else will. I constantly prove him wrong, but he can be quite stubborn. But, since this is HIS poker game - I am giving in on the food choices. :(

Oh my gosh, yes, I tried a recipe years ago as you describe and it was good. Completely forgot all about that. So, just using pepperoni instead of the bacon should be good. Thanks!

Jan 12, 2010
  5. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

The Pesto Cheese Pastries recipe is in the Appetizers cookbook. Pesto, parmesan cheese, puff pastry, ham and cream cheese - that's it and oh so yummy!

Jan 12, 2010
  6. kam

I know the exact ones you are talking about! Maybe this is my excuse to try them!

Thanks!

Jan 12, 2010
  7. Deb Bixler

Deb Bixler Member Gold Member

Finger Food = Fantastic Foccacia

I am into the old recipe called Fantastic Foccacia. I would make it at every show if they would let me. Use 2 pizza crusts and make it in Lg. Bar Pan. Cut 8x6 to get 32 finger food portions. It was also called rustic foccacia over the years.

Jan 12, 2010
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted