• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding Balance: Working Full-Time and Selling Pampered Chef

In summary, the conversation revolves around balancing a full-time job with selling Pampered Chef and maintaining a personal life. The participants share their strategies for managing their time efficiently, such as setting aside a specific time each day or week for Pampered Chef tasks and using a laptop to work while watching TV. They also discuss the importance of consistency and focus in order to be successful in the business.
Stephanie S
I am not sure how many of you are in the same position I am, and I am looking for some ideas. I work full-time at a job that I love. It is challenging, rewarding, etc. It is Monday - Friday, typically 9-5 (depending on workload the hours can be longer), and there is some travel involved (once every few months).

Outside of work I like to workout, spend time with my friends, and have quality time with my boyfriend.

I am selling Pampered Chef on top of all of this. I feel at times that I do not have the time to Host Coach, and make Follow-up Calls. I know that these two tasks are vital keys to success.... I just don't want to feel that all of my time is taken up working on Pampered Chef.....

Any ideas to make it all work?

I would just schedule a time every night that you will do PC stuff. I make any calls I have to make at 7:00 because that works best for me and I think alot of people are home at that time. I certainly know how you feel. I too have a full time job Monday-Friday. I have 2 children and a husband. I have to make dinner every night and then take my daughter to cheerleading practice (she is only 6 so I stay with her during practice). Then when I come home, I make any calls I have to make. Then I get my 2 children ready for bed. I have a daily routine and I believe you can make anything work if you set your mind to it. :)

I would agree. I have set aside from 8 to 9 Sun-Thur to make calls. If you touch your business everyday, it really shouldn't be overwelming. And you need to decided what works best for you, given the time you have. I don't have time to do the MAC calls most of the time.. and I just have to live with it. That is the beauty of the business, you can do it your way.

I learned this at conferenceDuring a class at conference in 2004, I learned that people with full time jobs should really pick one night a week, rather than doing a little here or a little there all over the week.
Reason being, if you scatter it all over the week in tiny doses, you tend not to focus at the tasks at hand. I found that if I ALWAYS set Sunday evening aside to do my Pampered Chef calls, packets and what not, it gets done.
I too did find that doing a little here and a little there got me just there. A little done. And I always forgot to do something. I make a task list and start, for me, at 6 p.m. This works for me and I go until 10 p.m. Of course the calls come first so I can catch Desperate Housewives of course, but also so I can go back to them before 8 p.m. if I want to try them again. Still gives me time for the stickers on catalogs, stamping the new order forms, etc. You know, the mindless stuff that we all have to do.
I also found that a laptop makes a great tool as I can park it on the kitchen table and work there with the TV on. My mom used to yell at me for doing homework in front of the tube, well, somethings never change!

pampered1224 said:
During a class at conference in 2004, I learned that people with full time jobs should really pick one night a week, rather than doing a little here or a little there all over the week.
Reason being, if you scatter it all over the week in tiny doses, you tend not to focus at the tasks at hand. I found that if I ALWAYS set Sunday evening aside to do my Pampered Chef calls, packets and what not, it gets done.
I too did find that doing a little here and a little there got me just there. A little done. And I always forgot to do something. I make a task list and start, for me, at 6 p.m. This works for me and I go until 10 p.m. Of course the calls come first so I can catch Desperate Housewives of course, but also so I can go back to them before 8 p.m. if I want to try them again. Still gives me time for the stickers on catalogs, stamping the new order forms, etc. You know, the mindless stuff that we all have to do.
I also found that a laptop makes a great tool as I can park it on the kitchen table and work there with the TV on. My mom used to yell at me for doing homework in front of the tube, well, somethings never change!
This is good advice even for those who DON'T have full time jobs. Sometimes we seem ALWAYS to be doing PC so if we make a few large blocks instead of a bunch of small blocks of time we would actually get MORE done! ;)

1. How do I balance my full-time job and selling Pampered Chef?

Finding balance between a full-time job and selling Pampered Chef can be challenging, but it is possible. One tip is to create a schedule and prioritize your tasks. This can help you allocate time for both your job and your Pampered Chef business. Additionally, try to take advantage of your spare time, such as during your lunch break or after work, to work on your Pampered Chef business.

2. Is it possible to be successful at selling Pampered Chef while working full-time?

Yes, it is possible to be successful at selling Pampered Chef while working full-time. Many Pampered Chef consultants have successful businesses while also maintaining a full-time job. It may require some extra effort and organization, but with dedication and hard work, you can achieve success in both areas.

3. How can I manage my time effectively as a full-time worker and Pampered Chef consultant?

Time management is key when balancing a full-time job and selling Pampered Chef. One helpful strategy is to create a to-do list and prioritize your tasks. This can help you stay on track and ensure that you are using your time efficiently. Additionally, try to delegate tasks and ask for help when needed.

4. What are some tips for staying motivated while juggling a full-time job and Pampered Chef?

Motivation can be challenging when trying to balance a full-time job and Pampered Chef. One tip is to set realistic goals for yourself and celebrate your achievements. This can help you stay motivated and focused. Additionally, surround yourself with a supportive community of other Pampered Chef consultants who can provide encouragement and advice.

5. How can I effectively communicate with my customers while working full-time?

Communication is key in any business, and it can be especially important when balancing a full-time job and Pampered Chef. Utilize social media and email to stay in touch with your customers and keep them updated on new products and promotions. Additionally, try to schedule customer meetings and parties during your free time on weekends or after work hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kari L Ferrell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Christina Wood
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Christine Hughes