• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Why is the Find A Consultant in Your Area feature changing?

In summary, some changes are being made to the "Find a Consultant in Your Area" feature on the Pampered Chef corporate website. Starting in January 2015, only Directors and above will be eligible for participation in this feature due to complaints from customers and "hobbyist" Consultants. This change is meant to protect the brand and good name of The Pampered Chef. The "Find Your Consultant" feature will not change, but some Consultants may miss out on potential customers and recruits due to this change. Some Consultants have expressed their disappointment and suggested offering an opt-in/opt-out option instead.
Lilamyw3
Gold Member
Just received this email. I'm NOT happy about it. Dear Consultant,
As you know, we're very committed to providing high-quality service to our customers. Because of this, and based on feedback we've received from customers and Consultants, we're making a change to the "Find A Consultant in Your Area" feature on our corporate website.
Beginning in January, 2015, only Directors and above will be eligible to qualify for participation. We understand this could be disappointing news to you, but please know this decision was based on the following reasons:
  1. We have from time to time received complaints from customers that Consultants may not have followed up with them. (This negative feedback does not reflect well on the company, or our Consultants.)
  2. We've received feedback from "hobbyist" Consultants who've said they do not want to be included in the "Find A Consultant in Your Area" feature - particularly as it relates to customers who contact them for product adjustments and the business opportunity.
This change has been made to ensure we protect the brand and good name of The Pampered Chef, which is a benefit to all Consultants. We also believe this will be a wonderful motivation for Consultants to promote to Director and enjoy this and so many other benefits of Directorship.
Please know that the "Find Your Consultant" feature will not change, whether you're a Personal Web Site subscriber or not. If a past guest or host enters your name and state, rest assured that she/he will be able to contact you by filling out a simple form and/or visiting your Personal Web Site (if applicable).
Sincerely,
Your Home Office Team

They should offer people who do not want to be listed on the FAC the option to opt out. Instead they're opting us all out because of a few bad consultants who failed to respond to potential customers. So a few bad apples spoiled the whole bunch.

Lilamyw3 said:
They should offer people who do not want to be listed on the FAC the option to opt out. Instead they're opting us all out because of a few bad consultants who failed to respond to potential customers. So a few bad apples spoiled the whole bunch.
Well said. I am sad because I got contacts from it that turned into very good customers. Maybe if they get some feedback they would consider some sort of change.

I too am sad about this. I have also received some good customers and a recruit from this. With going back to the way it was before I will miss out on contacts I could use, just as before. (I remember meeting some people at an event that told me they didn't realize there was a consultant near to where they lived because the one they were referred to by the home office was rather far away.) I guess we consultants that are reliable to our customers and to others that turn to us for help should have contacted the home office letting them know how happy we were that we could be found through a search for a consultant in our area........

I just posted my thoughts on the other thread discussing this same thing:http://www.chefsuccess.com/threads/find-a-consultant.82542/It's bad enough that we had to sell $1250 for anyone to be able to find us. Now to have to be in a managerial position for people to know we exist is really frustrating. I agree with the opt in/out suggestion. But I feel this is a not-so-subtle way to get more people to become Directors and that's not something I aspire to. I just want to be available to people near me who don't know I'm here and try to find me via the website. I checked today and the two people who come up when I put in my address are both in the next city over. And my city is not small -- more than 150,000 people. I'm sure there are actually a lot of Consultants here. It's just that people can't find us. :(Shari in TX

As soon as I received the email, this is what I replied:
Dear Pampered Chef Home Office,You are usually the most supportive company I have ever worked with. That is one of the things I tell people when they ask me about being a consultant with the Pampered Chef.I work hard for you and myself. I have made one of my goals to reach $1250 in sales or over every month so that I can be "found" on our website by anyone in my area who is searching for a consultant. With the exception of a few months, I have consistently met that goal. When someone contacts me from the website, I always follow up with them (even the ones who I know are scams, and there have been many of them). When I go to the website to look for a consultant in my area, I am the only one who pops up. What will happen to someone who is looking for a consultant in 60035 area code ( after January 2015) and there isn't a director? By the way, I had one of my best months ever in November and some of those orders came through the website. By changing the rule so quickly, and without input from the people it will most likely effect, you have made me feel less valuable to you. I am not used to feeling this way about you. I understand the reasons you listed above, but have you considered the ones who have played by the rules you set forth and are now going to pay the price for your new rule?Yes, I would like to recruit more, but maybe that is not going to happen as quickly as two weeks from now. I am being patient with that and hope that I will achieve Director status soon. The two reasons you have mentioned for this change do not sound reasonable to me. Have you considered a gradual phase in of this rule? Perhaps, those consultants who don't want to be "found" can opt out instead of making everybody ineligible? And why not have a followup system for those who remain so that they prove to have contacted the person who "found" them. That seems reasonable to me. Thank you for listening and I hope you will consider what I have said.

Disappointing- I agree, but this is the way it used to be.

I have "cleaned up" situations after Directors have not followed through and customers found out there are other consultants out there that will do the job. So my feeling is not all directors and above are the only ones worthy of the new policy. Let us opt in or out, as previously mentioned.

Sarastovetop,that's a wonderful email! Very well-thought out and worded. Thank you for sharing that. I will work on a message of my own to send as well and try to use a tone as polite as you did.Shari in TX

I'm disappointed, but I remember when this used to be the rule, so I figure it's just one of those things. I will probably let the HO know I'm not happy, but it won't really change the way I do business. After all, most of my referrals come from satisfied customers.

I too am saddened by this. We all pay for that web sight and now we cannot be found. I am retired from my full time job and picked this up because I love the product and I work under a great Director. I have no desire to become a Director. I also pride myself in follow up with my customers and anyone else that asks me questions. If I don't know the answer, I make it my job to find the answer. A few bad apples spoiled and and it should not be changed.

Along this same vein of customer service, I have been trying to place outlet orders for past hosts who do not have emails. Yes..there are folks like that out there. We have used their phone number@ mytpc.com. Their past host number now serves no purpose! example....I have an elderly aunt who loved to collects orders from her lady friends, beauty shop, church group and submit them to me for a show so she can get free products. She doesnt have email. I showed her what was on the outlet and she wants ot order some items using her 10% off. it is impossible to do and there is no recognition of the past host number. I have many customers who will call me with an order and do not want to use ther CC# on the internet. I love to take their orders and submit, but unless it is part of a show, they lose their past host discount. UGH!!

I recently got a survey from PC. One of the questions is what is the main thing you would change about the new system. I wrote the requirement for emails for customers. This must have been thought up by a 25 year old. Not only as you said about people not having or not wanting to give them! Plus people have multiple ones and change them... HELLO!!

I got that survey, too. I said I'd make a simple, printable receipt. While the email requirement is frustrating, the inability to print a simple receipt that doesn't mention the website or emails (since these often go to people who don't use the internet) is just plain ridiculous. I just closed my second show for an Amish community. Because I want them to have receipts, I print them out for these customers. It's ridiculous.

What is "Find a Consultant Changing.."?

"Find a Consultant Changing.." is a service that helps individuals or companies find consultants who specialize in change management. These consultants can assist with navigating organizational or personal changes and implementing strategies for successful transitions.

How does "Find a Consultant Changing.." work?

Users can search for consultants by location, industry, or specific areas of expertise. The platform also allows for direct communication with consultants, as well as the ability to read reviews and compare prices. Consultants can create profiles and showcase their skills and experience to attract potential clients.

Who can use "Find a Consultant Changing.."?

Anyone looking for a consultant to assist with a change management project or transition can use this service. This can include individuals, small businesses, or large corporations. Consultants looking to expand their client base and showcase their skills can also utilize this platform.

Is "Find a Consultant Changing.." free to use?

No, there may be fees associated with using this service depending on the specific features and services selected. However, users can browse and search for consultants for free.

How can I ensure that I choose the right consultant for my needs?

Before selecting a consultant, it is important to thoroughly research their background, experience, and areas of expertise. Reading reviews and reaching out to past clients can also provide valuable insights. Additionally, having a clear understanding of your own needs and goals can help in selecting a consultant who is the best fit for your specific situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Tina Berger
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tina Berger
  • jessicafawn