• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Are You Ready for Diet Success? Check Out My Story!

In summary, Rhonda has lost 8 lbs., but has also lost 3.5% of her body fat. She is using a "Lose It" app to help her stay on track, and is aiming to lose 1,000 calories a day.
pampchefrhondab
I posted a while back how frustrated I was getting w/my diet and many of you shared my same problems!

Well I finally have some success to report! I have lost about 8 lbs., but better yet, I have lost 3.5% of my body fat!! I had to go purchase a smaller pair of jeans this past weekend! I only got one pair because I don't plan on being in them for long - I'll need the next size down!

I just got a Body Bugg Friday which is going to help me stay on track. I really like it so far. It tells you how many calories you have burned for the day, you then key in what you ate. The goal I have is to eat 1,000 calories less a day then I eat. This is to give me a 2 lb weight loss a week. If I eat something and I need to burn more calories, I can take a walk and burn some more calories! It's great. I saw the Body Bugg on The Biggest Loser and checked it out online.

Anway, I thought since I shared my frustrations I would let you know my success too!

Thanks for listening (reading)

That's awesome, Rhonda!! Way to go!! I really need to get in gear, too (I would love to buy smaller size jeans instead of the bigger size I kinda need right now!!). I have a "Lose It" app for my iPhone that does something similar, I should really use it, huh?? Thanks for the reminder and keep up the great work!

Cathy - tell me more about this "Lose It" app, please!

It does what Rhonda said hers does - you input the food you eat during the day, and it calculates the calories for you. Then you input the exercise you did that day, and it calculates how many calories you burned. You can input the # of calories you want to stay within for the day/week and it will let you know if you are over or under. It tells you how much weight you can lose if you stay within certain calories/exercise for the week, after you input your stats. It also saves certain foods that you eat all the time, and has a menu of standard food items and a bunch of grocery store items, too! I really need to use it more, esp. since I've gone back to the gym and started up my yoga practice again. I lost some weight using it earlier in the year, but stopped doing it in the summer - I need to do it again! HTH!

Congrats Rhonda. Glad you are enjoying your BB. Can I share some advice with you? I have more diet/exercise books than prob your local Barnes & Noble, have more a gazllion DVDs, gym memberships, watch Fit TV, you name it....and they would all tell you the same...INCLUDING Jillian and Bob on The BL....you are not eating enough. 1000 calories is too low. Jillians book, Bobs book, a dietician will tell you that is too low. NEVER drop below 1200 for females. You see results now b/c you are prob losing water and your body is adjusting to the calorie defiicit however, you will see less results with 1000 calories than more (in moderation). Your metabolism NEEDS food to keep active. Eat 5-6times per day and if you don't want to cross the 1200 minimum then stick to 2 meals at 300 cal (Breakfast & lunch), mid morning and mid afternoon 100 cal snacks each (which should include a protein, and then a 400 cal dinner and that will keep you at the 1200. And when you get moving along, I found when JIllians advice works...switch it up! Eat 1400 cal one day, 1100 one day, 1300 one day, 1200 next etc. Keep your metabolism guessing. If your BB prgm tells you to eat 1000 to lose what you want, increase your energy out (workouts) to burn 200 more cal so that you can eat 200 more. Yes I know it sounds counter productive but you will see that at 1000 cal you will start to not hve enough energy to do your workouts, sluggish, cloudy thoughts, hunger will set in and u will eat wrong things etc. (and its not good for your insulin & glucose levels)

Ok I can advise on this soap box for hours and days but I dont want to overstep my welcome. Bottom line, CONGRATS, WAHOO! ITs the hardest thing in the world to do! I KNOW! By Christmas I hope to hit 15K in sales and my goal weight. One step at a time!!!

Thanks Everyone.

Melissa, actually I've been eating closer to 1,500 cal. a day now, and it is varying. I'm burning about 3,000. My goal is to have a 1,000 deficit, but I've been averaging about 1,500 deficit. I will see how this works after my week is over.

Thanks for the advise:)!

I think I posted on your original post before? Congrats keep up the great work!
I upped my exercise schedule from 3x to 4-5x a week, IDK about weight loss, but I am losing inches and my "smaller" clothes are fitting better!;). Much luck to you!

1. What is "Finally!! Some Diet Success!!"?

"Finally!! Some Diet Success!!" is a program designed by Pampered Chef to help individuals achieve their weight loss goals through healthy and delicious meal planning and preparation.

2. What makes "Finally!! Some Diet Success!!" different from other diet programs?

Unlike other diet programs, "Finally!! Some Diet Success!!" focuses on incorporating nutritious and balanced meals that can be easily prepared using Pampered Chef products. It also offers ongoing support and guidance from a team of wellness experts.

3. Do I need to purchase Pampered Chef products to participate in "Finally!! Some Diet Success!!"?

No, purchasing Pampered Chef products is not a requirement for the program. However, using our products can make meal preparation easier and more enjoyable.

4. What type of recipes are included in "Finally!! Some Diet Success!!"?

The program offers a variety of recipes that are both delicious and nutritious. They include options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, and can be easily customized to fit dietary restrictions or preferences.

5. How long does the "Finally!! Some Diet Success!!" program last?

The program lasts for 8 weeks, with weekly meal plans and shopping lists provided. However, participants are encouraged to continue using the program's principles and recipes even after the 8 weeks for long-term success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
Replies
Views
raebates