• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some tips for a successful start in direct sales?

In summary, to prepare for a successful start in direct sales, you should educate yourself about the products and company, set realistic goals, build a customer base, develop strong communication skills, and stay organized. For a successful "Grand Opening" event, plan in advance, offer incentives, utilize social media, personalize invitations, and showcase your products. To prepare for a successful booth event, research the event, plan your setup, offer interactive activities, provide information, and follow up. To increase your chances of qualifying and reaching your sales goal in the first 30 days, book more shows, utilize incentives, utilize social media, personalize your approach, and follow up. Including a comments sheet during your first shows can be beneficial as it allows you to
robochick84
I have been working diligintly the past month trying to prepare as much as possible prior to signing.

I am going to be doing my first "Grand Opening" on Oct. 16th here in Delaware at my home. I have created my flyers (mystery host) that I am going to post on bulletin boards of the buildings within my condo development, and I am going to invite the few (10) friends and family that I have in the area. Being that this is a mystery host show I am most likely only doing the mystery host tickets and will tie everything into it from "like it, have it" to "ordering", "booking", etc for the drawing.

My second show is scheduled Oct. 18th back home in Upstate New York for my friends and family as a mix of a "Grand Opening" and "Help Whip Cancer" event. I have organized the guest list from my mother as she is hosting and I am getting ready to start on my vista print invites.

The third show is not until Nov. 1 and is a booth that I was asked to do for the organization that I work with. It is going to be at an individuals house and I have yet to be able to get a response as to what I am allowed to prepare, serve, etc. I will need to work on this further if I am able to get information.

The fourth show is on Nov 8 and is a fundraiser event for the same organization. We have been doing a great deal of leg work and we hope for it to be a great success for the organization. I am demoing DCB "dinner and dessert" and offering incentives to those in the organization to get outside orders.

I have three other shows that I am working on the individuals and trying to convince them and work with them on getting a date and accommodating their needs. I have also contacted 20 or so business via letter offering "pamper your business" and 15 churches offering "stock your kitchen".

I have begun running copies and building my host and guest packets thanks to all the great information on here. In my host packet I am putting the "50 in 5", "how to have a $100 show", etc and in my guest packet I am putting my "DCB $99 Special", "booking slide compressed", and "next three month specials".

My game that I have worked on for the fall is "The Quarter Game". I have a box of pumpkins that I found at Michael's and I am going to tape a quarter to every folder. When they place their order they can choose to take a chance to purchase a pumpkin for a quarter and take a chance on the prizes or put their quarter towards their order.
P1030967 (2).jpg
I am looking for some experience from others to know what the success rate of qualifying and reaching the $1250 in the first 30 days with only 2 shows?

I am also interested in knowing if anyone ever included a 'comments' sheet of some type during their first shows?

I have attached some of my docs and photos too!

Thanks so much for a great site... Ashley

View attachment pamperedpetinvite.doc

View attachment $99 DCB Bundle-2.pub

View attachment mystery host flyer.pub

View attachment neighborhoodflyer.doc

Hi, Ashley! Welcome! $1250 is doable with 2 shows. If you didn't already, I would also send out an email asking everyone to host a show or place an order. You could send it out as a newsletter. There are some free ones on here you can use. That could also help pad your sales! GOOD LUCK!

Congratulations, and best wishes.

I wanted to bump this to see if I could get some answers for my previous question posted:

I am also interested in knowing if anyone ever included a 'comments' sheet of some type during their first shows?

Also, how much 'change' if any do you carry with you to shows for those who pay cash?

Thanks

I usually carry a dollar's worth of "change" and about $20 of bills...two fives and ten ones. I always have plenty. I usually only have maybe one person pay cash and they are usually willing to "Round Up" to the next whole dollar so I don't have to fish for change. :)

P.S. I try not to overload with paper information and "stuff" - I emphasize a few key things per show. Too much information detracts from the demo and the interaction of the guests. They sell better to each other than my facts on paper sell to them.

Your flyer's look great but before you hand them out you need to make sure you put Independent Consultant on everything!

Also on your neighborhood flyer you should put when your Charter Host Shows should be submitted by. Since this is only good for your first 30 days you don't want someone to find the flyer later down the road and think they can still be your charter host.

Other then that good luck!

~Heather

1. How can I prepare for a successful start in direct sales?

1. Educate yourself about the products and company: Take time to learn about the products you will be selling and the company's mission, values, and compensation plan.

2. Set realistic goals: Set achievable goals for yourself and create a plan to reach them. This will help you stay motivated and focused.

3. Build a customer base: Start by reaching out to friends and family, and then expand your network by attending events, networking, and utilizing social media.

4. Develop strong communication skills: In direct sales, your success depends on your ability to effectively communicate with customers and potential hosts. Work on your listening, speaking, and presentation skills.

5. Stay organized: Keep track of your bookings, orders, and contacts. Use a planner or online tools to help you stay on top of your business.

2. What are some tips for a successful "Grand Opening" event?

1. Plan in advance: Give yourself enough time to prepare for the event and promote it to your network.

2. Offer incentives: Consider offering discounts, free products, or a mystery host drawing to encourage guests to attend and place orders.

3. Utilize social media: Use social media platforms to share information about your event and invite people to attend.

4. Personalize invitations: Use personalized invitations to make guests feel special and increase their likelihood of attending.

5. Showcase your products: Set up product displays and demonstrations to give guests a chance to see and touch the products.

3. How can I prepare for a successful booth event?

1. Research the event: Find out more information about the event, such as the target audience, theme, and rules for vendors.

2. Plan your setup: Make sure you have all the necessary materials and displays to showcase your products in an eye-catching and organized way.

3. Offer interactive activities: Consider offering a demonstration or a hands-on activity to engage potential customers.

4. Provide information: Have business cards, flyers, and other marketing materials available to give to interested attendees.

5. Follow up: Make sure to follow up with potential leads after the event to turn them into customers.

4. How can I increase my chances of qualifying and reaching my sales goal in the first 30 days?

1. Book more shows: The more shows you have, the higher your chances of reaching your sales goal. Reach out to friends, family, and other contacts to book more shows.

2. Utilize incentives: Offer incentives for guests to book shows or place orders, such as host rewards or discounts.

3. Utilize social media: Use social media to promote your business and reach potential customers outside of your immediate network.

4. Personalize your approach: Tailor your approach to each individual customer to make them feel special and increase their likelihood of placing an order.

5. Follow up: Make sure to follow up with potential leads and customers to encourage them to place an order or book a show.

5. Should I include a comments sheet during my first shows?

Including a comments sheet during your first shows can be beneficial as it allows you to gather valuable feedback from your guests. This feedback can help you improve your future shows and better meet the needs of your customers. Additionally, it shows your guests that you value their opinions and are committed to providing them with the best experience possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Connie
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Wendy Hopping