• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finally Got My Power Back After 3 Days - Surviving Without Electricity

electric back. no phone, no cable, no electric can make a person go crazy. oh and don't forget no heat LOLit got down to 36 degrees in my house. the heat just kicked on a few minutes ago so hopefully by bedtime it will be comfortable enough to sleep without 5 layers of clothing and 7 blankets LOLi guess you don't really know how much you rely on it until you don't have it. LOLi'm glad you are warm again. we just had 4 inches of snow in the last hour. we have underground utilities. unless there's an accident, we usually don't have an issue. oh, unless a tree falls (cross my fingers)we have gas
Fluffy215
Gold Member
After being without for three full days I am certainly glad to have the electric back. No phone, no cable, no electric can make a person go crazy. Oh and don't forget no heat LOL It got down to 36 degrees in my house. The heat just kicked on a few minutes ago so hopefully by bedtime it will be comfortable enough to sleep without 5 layers of clothing and 7 blankets LOL I guess you don't really know how much you rely on it until you don't have it. LOL

I'm glad you are warm again. We just had 4 inches of snow in the last hour. We have underground utilities. Unless there's an accident, we usually don't have an issue. Oh, unless a tree falls (cross my fingers) We have gas heat, but it requires electric blower. Go figure. I'm freezing. Our "barn door" keeps opening and closing as the kids are running in and out. We don't get snow very often, so this is pretty neat for them. Usually just a little once a year that may cause a delay in school starting on one day. This storm is big. We're not supposed to be above freezing all week. The snow is going no where. It will be interesting what happens with school. This is our last week before Christmas break. I went into my classroom today to water plants my students are growing for a science project, because I don't think we'll be there for a few days.

We have oil heat and yes it needs electric to kick on also. Hot water heater is the same way. And of course the stove would be electric also. They are saying parts of our state won't have power until Thursday or Friday making it a week without. I guess we have people here to help coming from Ohio, Connecticut and even Canada to help get us all back online. Some people are on underground powerlines but most are not. Ours is not and in fact our main line comes across one of the rivers here so we were thinking the worst that we would be one of the last to get it back. Last I heard there was still 191K without power here in the state. Down from 400K on Friday. The newspaper said a total of a million people in the northeast were without power

Fluffy -- I am in Vermont and we were hit too, but not nearly as hard as you were. I drove through parts of NH yesterday -- unbelievable. Glad to hear you have your power back!!

We lost power for a very short time (underground) but I lost my internet for 3 1/2 days. Finally got it back yesterday so I could send in some orders. In the middle of checking e-mail it our power went out but came right back--weird. I am very lucky that my electric power is mostly underground but know lots of people still without. Lots of my customers still have no power, no telephone, etc and my sales have been horrible. Shows have been cancelled prior to the storm and lots of no contacts. With all of this outage problems PC is the last thing on many of my customers minds unfortunately.

Glad you're getting warm again.

fluffy - glad you are getting warm again. im just praying we dont lose power. i dont do well sleeping in the cold.

julie - i heard about the storms in oregon. we got a little of it up here over the weekend. more expected later this week. 4 inches in an hour is HUGE for this area!

What is "Finally Got My Power Lol"?

"Finally Got My Power Lol" is a popular product from Pampered Chef that helps you easily chop, blend, and puree ingredients with just a pull of a cord.

How does "Finally Got My Power Lol" work?

The product features blades that rotate as you pull the cord, allowing you to chop or blend ingredients to your desired consistency. It also includes a lid with an opening for adding liquids while blending.

What are the benefits of using "Finally Got My Power Lol"?

Using "Finally Got My Power Lol" saves you time and effort in the kitchen. It also allows you to control the texture of your ingredients and create delicious dishes with ease.

Is "Finally Got My Power Lol" easy to clean?

Yes, "Finally Got My Power Lol" is very easy to clean. Simply disassemble the product and wash the blades, lid, and container with warm, soapy water. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

What type of ingredients can I use with "Finally Got My Power Lol"?

You can use "Finally Got My Power Lol" to chop and blend a variety of ingredients, such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs, and even ice. It is also great for making dips, sauces, and smoothies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Back