• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Out My First Show: Confused and Need Help!

to the show and then make a purchase on the Guest order? That makes sense. You would then enter the total cost of the Guest order in the Guest order tab and the total cost of the show in the Show tab.
Melissa78
Gold Member
I must be really challenged as I cannot figure this one out...
Any insight is greatly appreciated! (Before someone asks - Dir is on vaca)

I'm trying to close out a show - my first one I did on my PCDebit so it was a piece of cake (it was my own show). Now this show my host is paying by CC. Where do I enter the total amount to cover her show?

On top this, what is throwing me off is I have entered a Consultant Gift under her order as she didn't want the one bowl (and I do). Do I enter my Debit to cover the Consultant Gift or does that come off of my commission?

Last but not least (sorry!), if I wish to place an order from a Host - can I do so? Can I enter a CC for my expense or does it have to be a Consultant Gift or PC Debit?

Thanks so much. My apologies for so many questions. I hope it makes sense because I have myself so confused it may not be clear. :(

Melissa78 said:
I must be really challenged as I cannot figure this one out...
Any insight is greatly appreciated! (Before someone asks - Dir is on vaca)

I'm trying to close out a show - my first one I did on my PCDebit so it was a piece of cake (it was my own show). Now this show my host is paying by CC. Where do I enter the total amount to cover her show? You put her total cc payment under the payment tab within the host's order.

On top this, what is throwing me off is I have entered a Consultant Gift under her order as she didn't want the one bowl (and I do). Do I enter my Debit to cover the Consultant Gift or does that come off of my commission? You enter your payment as "consultant gift" under the payment tab within the host's order. Then, you'll enter your PC debit card # in the final Payments tab when you go to finalize the show.

Last but not least (sorry!), if I wish to place an order from a Host - can I do so? Can I enter a CC for my expense or does it have to be a Consultant Gift or PC Debit? You can use a cc. Just make sure to log the order down for your tax purposes.

Thanks so much. My apologies for so many questions. I hope it makes sense because I have myself so confused it may not be clear. :(

I hope this works....but I have answered your questions above :)

Thanks Caressa - I'm down to the wire with 4 shows to submit by midnite tomorrow and I none of them are going smoothly (its prob my nerves).

From a financial point of view - ok forgive me now everyone if I am breaking a rule by asking this question (go ahead and tell me) but does this make sense or is it spending money in the wrong way... my host is 43.75 away from the next level. I want the Trifle and a Peeler for $6. That would put her at the next level for $30 more free. If she is ok with me getting the $30 more free, is this legit? I'd make commission off of the 45.00 sale, correct? ($10.80 based upon 24% commission rate) so I spend 45.00 plus tax (which is like 35 after commission) to get 30.00 free. It sounds like a sales tactic but again - I may be looking at this wrong.

Talk about feeling so lost all in one night!

Melissa78 said:
Thanks Caressa - I'm down to the wire with 4 shows to submit by midnite tomorrow and I none of them are going smoothly (its prob my nerves).

From a financial point of view - ok forgive me now everyone if I am breaking a rule by asking this question (go ahead and tell me) but does this make sense or is it spending money in the wrong way... my host is 43.75 away from the next level. I want the Trifle and a Peeler for $6. That would put her at the next level for $30 more free. If she is ok with me getting the $30 more free, is this legit? I'd make commission off of the 45.00 sale, correct? ($10.80 based upon 24% commission rate) so I spend 45.00 plus tax (which is like 35 after commission) to get 30.00 free. It sounds like a sales tactic but again - I may be looking at this wrong.

Talk about feeling so lost all in one night!

So you are saying you'd add a Guest order for your Trifle Bowl onto her show to bump her up to the next sales level, and then ask her for that additional $30 free that'd it woudl result in? I would NOT do that....I don't know if it's "legal" or not, I'd guess no. But from a customer service standpoint, I certainly would NOT do it. It would be one thing to add an outside guest order (even if it is your own) to her show, but let HER have the benefits. You will get the commission on the show/order, yes.

I just think it would be tacky to ask her for her host benefits and would look bad to her- wouldn't help your business alot either I'd imagine. Whereas if you go ahead and place your order and she gets an extra $30, she'll love it! And be a customer for a long time likely. You get commission and SAT credit, plus points for Disney, etc.

I totally agree with Bobbi! You got to work your business right!!! You might want to add that you are adding your order to her show as she was such a great customer but don'T ask for benifits from it..you will already get enough with commission and the extra perks.

Final call is yours though...

Thanks for the input. It was the host (good friend) who made the offer, I wasn't trying to take anything from her. I didn't even know how to address it b/c I don't like to break rules as I'm the girl that gets caught when the rest of the world gets away with everything. :)

Melissa78 said:
Thanks for the input. It was the host (good friend) who made the offer, I wasn't trying to take anything from her. I didn't even know how to address it b/c I don't like to break rules as I'm the girl that gets caught when the rest of the world gets away with everything. :)

If she made the offer, then I don't think it's an issue. You didn't mention that part before ;)

I honestly don't know if there is a written rule. I know of consultants (I've done it once) who got the Host Monthly Special when the host didn't want it and it was a friend.....so if she's cool with it, you guys work it out. Unless someone else knows for sure there is a RULE, sure!

Melissa, if you were not a consultant, you probably would have gone to your good friend's party and purchased some thing. So why not make your purchase and insists that she takes the $30 more in rewards....Imagine how much more she would appreciate you as a friend...she might also have been testing you by offering to see if you would actually take it from her. But if she insists that you take it, TAKE IT..... last word from me "follow your heart"....

1. Why am I not seeing any orders from my first show?

If you are not seeing any orders from your first show, it could be due to a few reasons. First, make sure you have followed all the steps for closing out your show, such as entering the orders correctly and submitting them on time. Also, check with your host to see if any guests had issues placing their orders. If everything checks out and you still don't see any orders, please reach out to our customer service team for further assistance.

2. How do I know if my show has reached the required sales for host rewards?

You can track the progress of your show's sales by logging into your consultant account and checking the "My Show" section. It will show you the total sales and how much more you need to reach the next reward level. You can also reach out to your host to see if they have any updates on orders or guests who have not yet placed their orders.

3. Can I still add orders to my first show after it has closed?

Unfortunately, once a show has closed, we are unable to add any additional orders to it. This is why it is essential to make sure all orders are submitted correctly and on time. If a guest wants to place an order after the show has closed, you can offer to add it to a future show or place a separate order for them outside of the show.

4. How do I handle returns or exchanges for orders from my first show?

If a guest needs to return or exchange an item from their order, you can assist them by contacting our customer service team. They will provide you with a return or exchange authorization number, and you can then process the return or exchange through your consultant account. Please note that returns and exchanges must be done within 30 days of the show's closing date.

5. Can I still earn commission from my first show if there are no orders or sales?

Unfortunately, if there are no orders or sales from your first show, you will not earn any commission. However, you can still earn commission by booking future shows and making sales from those shows. We recommend reaching out to your host and guests to see if they would be interested in hosting a future show to help you reach your sales goals and earn commission.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • julsradford
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
julsradford
  • funinyourkitchen