• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving the Mystery of the Funky Fluted Stone Cake Pan

Rinse and dry.I usually just soak it in the hottest water I can handle and scrub w/ my kitchen brush. If it's gummy or not coming clean, then I'd use the baking soda paste trick. Use the kitchen brush to scrub the baking soda really well all over it. Rinse and dry.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Roomie, the stoneware hater, was kind enough to bake my b-day cake in a fluted stone and leave it to me to wash. After soaking and scrubbing, I noticed a film on it that makes it feel funky. When I pointed it out, I learned that the stone had been sprayed with cooking spray with flour.

Short of breaking out the Dawn :eek: how can I remove this nastiness? Baking soda doesn't seemt to be doing the trick.

How nice of roomie to do that :D

Try baking something like crescent rolls in it, then tossing them, to see if that'll absorb whatever's on the stone.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Roomie, the stoneware hater, was kind enough to bake my b-day cake in a fluted stone and leave it to me to wash. After soaking and scrubbing, I noticed a film on it that makes it feel funky. When I pointed it out, I learned that the stone had been sprayed with cooking spray with flour.

Short of breaking out the Dawn :eek: how can I remove this nastiness? Baking soda doesn't seemt to be doing the trick.

I know I'm not supposed to but if Baking Soda doesn't work I've used the Dawn or whatever. Wet soapy cloth, rubbed the stone, rinsed and dried. I didn't soak it in the soapy water and all was fine. I've done it more than once with no worries. ;)

Same here. It doesn't remove the seasoning - just the excessive "grease". A soft cloth is the essential key. No severe scrubbing.​

It's a little hard to bake crescent rolls on the outer edge of the stone, which is where the problem lies.I'm just hesitant to do anything that removes the seasoning b/c that stone is so doggone hard to clean ... I may try the harsh scrubbie first, then the baking soda paste ... and use dawn as a last resort.

I use the cooking spray w/ flour on my fluted stone and I've never had a problem with it. I don't use regular sprays, but just the kind w/ flour. I usually just soak it in the hottest water I can handle and scrub w/ my kitchen brush. If it's gummy or not coming clean, then I'd use the baking soda paste trick. Use the kitchen brush to scrub the baking soda really well all over it.

1. What is the "Funky Fluted Stone Cake Pan" and why is it important?

The Funky Fluted Stone Cake Pan is a unique baking pan made by Pampered Chef that has a fluted design on the bottom. It is important because it creates a beautiful and professional-looking cake, and also helps with even baking and easy release.

2. How do I properly care for my Funky Fluted Stone Cake Pan?

To ensure the longevity of your cake pan, it is important to properly care for it. After each use, wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or metal utensils on the surface, as it could damage the non-stick coating. Allow it to air dry completely before storing.

3. Can I use the Funky Fluted Stone Cake Pan in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the pan is safe to use in both the oven and microwave. It can withstand temperatures up to 450°F (232°C), making it perfect for baking cakes, casseroles, and more. However, it is not suitable for use on the stovetop or grill.

4. How do I prevent my cakes from sticking to the pan?

The non-stick coating on the Funky Fluted Stone Cake Pan should prevent your cakes from sticking. However, for added insurance, you can lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or butter before pouring in the batter. You can also dust the pan with flour, cocoa powder, or powdered sugar for a decorative touch.

5. Can I use metal utensils with the Funky Fluted Stone Cake Pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the pan as it can scratch the non-stick surface. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to avoid damaging the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ish
  • casescafe
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies