1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Files idea

1. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

Greg,
    I don't know if this idea is too big a project or not but would it be possible to have an organized "Files Section" Such as all the theme show fliers in one folder, advertising fliers in a folder, games in a folder, etc. It is hard to find files I've seen before because its 73 pages long. I hope I'm not being too confusing. Just an idea...

Jan 13, 2006
  2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

When looking for something in the postings we can use the "search" in the tool bar and find what we want by putting in a key word. How about a "search" in the files section too?

Jan 14, 2006
  3. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

You've always been able to search :)

At the top there are sorting and filtering options for you. I will be posting a tutorial on how to use all the options, but some are fairly intuitive.

Jan 14, 2006
  4. cajunchelle

cajunchelle Member Gold Member

Anyway we can get a little more storage space to upload files? I only have one file uploaded as of now and can't upload my second one that I wanted to share. Maybe that can be a perk of a Gold Supporter? ;)

Jan 15, 2006
  5. Admin Greg

Fixed, enjoy

Jan 15, 2006
  6. cajunchelle

cajunchelle Member Gold Member

Your great! Thanks Greg!

Jan 15, 2006
  7. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

You can search the files section if you know the exact name of the file, other wise it will not show up. I have used the search tool bar before in the files section and had to end up doing a page by page search because I didn't know the exact document name. Maybe it's thew sorting and filtering I need to learn. :)

Jan 15, 2006
  8. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

Yeah, I thought I knew something about computers and how to navigate and all, but the search in the files section still has me stumped, I can never find what I am searching for I also always have to do a page by page search or just search the board for a certain word or phrase and hope something pops up in a post with an attatched file. I think I need a tutor. :rolleyes:

Jan 15, 2006
  9. Admin Greg

Use the * wildcard. For example, if you type in *party* it will find all attachments with the keyword party in the file name. The filtering tool is really extremely powerful once learned. I'm going to make a tutorial tonight.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
    Jan 15, 2006
  10. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

:) Thanks Greg. You're awesome!! :)

Jan 15, 2006
  11. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

Yes, you are awesome. That would be great to have a tutorial.
    Thanks

Jan 15, 2006
  12. Admin Greg

13. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

Ding!

O, OK, I think I got it now, Thanks for the explination, it helps Alot! I might be able to find what I am looking for next time, I had no clue what the ***'s meant until now.
    :rolleyes:

Jan 15, 2006
  14. dawn424383

dawn424383 Member

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :)

Dawn Trudell
    Independent Kitchen Consultant
    Fort Wayne, IN

Jan 15, 2006
Have something to add?