• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Few More Questions..-Doesn't Have a Bank Account

In summary, the recruit does not have a bank account, does not plan on getting one anytime soon, and does not have a way to receive orders or pay bills with the PC. She needs a bank account with her name on it in order to submit shows, and she needs a debit card to submit shows if everything is paid with the customers' credit/debit cards.
naekelsey
Gold Member
My new recruit doesn't have any kind of bank account and doesn't plan on getting one anytime soon.

Can she use her husbands bank acct info to send to PC for direct deposit and the pc debit card?

And, does she need a PC debit card to send orders in if everything is paid with the customers c/c? In other words nothing would need to come out of an account but the c/c.

I'm not sure about bank account without her name, but if they pay with a CC, nothing will be taken out of account. Debit cards are no longer issued, just the number btw

She has 60 days to connect A bank account to PC. She will need something. Any time she wants to order supplies, she'll either us pc dollars or her pc account. Plus, she needs it for direct deposit. I'm not sure the direct deposit acct and the "debit" # need to be from the same acct. but she does need SOMETHING!

pchockeymom said:
She has 60 days to connect A bank account to PC. She will need something. Any time she wants to order supplies, she'll either us pc dollars or her pc account. Plus, she needs it for direct deposit. I'm not sure the direct deposit acct and the "debit" # need to be from the same acct. but she does need SOMETHING!

The Direct Deposit and the Debit do NOT need to be from the same account to answer that question. Mine were 2 different accounts until just recently.

Why would she not want to have a bank account? Is her name on her husbands account?If possible its best to have her PC account be different/separate. That makes for much easier bookkeeping. I have found that it is easier to see that I am making money with the account being separate. If it was in the household account it would be possible that he would see there's a balance and go ahead and buy something and then PC comes by and takes out the amount of a show and ...trouble.

BethCooks4U said:
Why would she not want to have a bank account? Is her name on her husbands account?

If possible its best to have her PC account be different/separate. That makes for much easier bookkeeping. I have found that it is easier to see that I am making money with the account being separate. If it was in the household account it would be possible that he would see there's a balance and go ahead and buy something and then PC comes by and takes out the amount of a show and ...trouble.

What she said!

All I can say is that she won't be getting an acct and pretty darn sure she isn't on her hubby's acct. I get all the reasons why she should but it's not going to happen...Guess I had better call the home office and see what I can find out..

naekelsey said:
All I can say is that she won't be getting an acct and pretty darn sure she isn't on her hubby's acct. I get all the reasons why she should but it's not going to happen...

Guess I had better call the home office and see what I can find out..

Then I guess she won't be a consultant. If there is no way to get money from her or give money to her, I'm guessing she's out of luck.

Her name needs to be on an account somewhere. Is she not a citizen? Why can't/won't she open up an account? She needs a bank account with her name on it so PC can pay her. How is she going to deposit checks people write her? She has to have a bank account tied to her PC biz because all shows get submitted by debit card.

She is a citizen and the reasons are personal.. It use to be that you didn't have to have one...I am guessing that the rules have changed..

I just needed to know if she could use her hubby's account if she isn't on it and if she needs a debit card to submit shows if everything is paid with the customers c/c's I have a call into the Home Office and will see what they have to say.

If all the orders on the show are paid with credit/debit cards, she isn't doing anything as "Consultant Gift" and no one paid cash or check, the show can be submitted without the debit card. I am not sure whether she would be able to submit supply and sample orders using money orders. Sometimes consultants are placed on "Money Order Only" status if their debit transactions are denied a certain number of times, but I don't know if HO allows orders that way if you're not on MOO status.She can get paid with paper checks, but HO charges for that, so it's that much more she's going to lose out of her commission.If she does not want a bank account, maybe she can look into a pre-paid debit card as an option. Some of those do have a way to do ACH transactions, which is what HO debits and direct deposits are.

What does ACH mean? I will have to look into that also... Thank you

naekelsey said:
What does ACH mean? I will have to look into that also... Thank you

Automated Clearing House. It's a type of bank-to-bank transfer. A direct deposit of any kind is an ACH. If she were to look into it, the bank would know what an ACH is, and would be able to tell her if she can do those.

Also, for paper/mailed commission checks, she would only get them once a month I believe, versus twice a month auto debit.

esavvymom said:
Also, for paper/mailed commission checks, she would only get them once a month I believe, versus twice a month auto debit.

Right, mid-month commission is only paid via direct deposit.

1. What is the meaning of "Few More Questions..-Doesn't Have a Bank Account"?

"Few More Questions..-Doesn't Have a Bank Account" is a phrase that suggests there are a few more questions to be asked, but the person in question does not have a bank account.

2. Why does not having a bank account matter?

Not having a bank account can limit a person's ability to manage their finances, access certain services, and participate in the modern economy. It can also make financial transactions more difficult and expensive.

3. Can someone without a bank account still receive money?

Yes, someone without a bank account can still receive money through alternative methods such as cash, money orders, or prepaid cards. However, these methods may come with additional fees or limitations.

4. How can a person without a bank account pay bills or make purchases?

A person without a bank account can pay bills or make purchases using cash, money orders, or prepaid cards. They can also use online payment platforms that do not require a bank account, such as PayPal or Venmo.

5. Is not having a bank account a common issue?

Yes, not having a bank account is a common issue, especially among low-income individuals and marginalized communities. According to a 2019 report by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), 5.4% of U.S. households were "unbanked," meaning they did not have a checking or savings account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • chefheidi2003
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • lindseystar