• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I Being Overlooked by My Director During Difficult Times?

would email her and apologize for not being able to make it to the meeting. I would also mention that I am looking forward to the next meeting and ask her to make sure I am on the reminder list. If this is what you want.
CooknSteph
I know I should just let this go but I if I've ever needed incouragement it's NOW!
Our monthly meeting was last night and yes it is usually the same time each month, but in this past month my mother has been in the hospital and rehab for a broken hip and my husband and I were in a five car pile up. My director usually sends an email and/or facebook group reminder about the meeting and for what ever reason did not do that this month. So, with every thing on me I had not thought about the meeting untill to late, and this morning she sent out an email to thank everyone for coming and for there help with different things. (This tells me that she talked to someone one our team)

I have been inactive for a month and I am struggleing with my business. I only want to work PT and I have told her she does not have to call me all the time (that just adds more presure) but she usually sends the reminders and I do enjoy the meeting for the most part.

I'm not sure how to handle this. Just let it go or email her. I guess I just feel like scense I told her she didn't have to call much and I don't have lots of big orders all the time that I'm just not important to her.

This is my business and I am free to work as much or as little as my life allows. But I should still be part of her team and treated as such. Right??????

Encouragement Please!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I would email her and ask her to check her group list, as it seems perhaps your email address was omitted when she sent out the info prior to the meeting. Let her know that while you do have a lot going on, you would still like to attend those meetings and you are still working to build your business.

While it was not her decision to make, she may have thought she was doing you a favor by not including you and making you feel like you HAD to attend or help with everything else going on.

I'm sorry that you feel that you were "left out" by your director. Maybe she didn't send out an email this month as a reminder since the meetings are held at the same time...did you come to the prior month meeting? Was the date discussed for this upcoming meeting?

It could have been a simple oversight. Directors have lives and things going on as well. I'm sure she never meant to make you feel slighted in any way. Maybe she had alot going on as well and just didn't send one out this time.

IF you feel you should say something I would say something like "I"m so sorry I missed the meeting, I must not have gotten the email reminder and with everything going on this month it slipped my mind..." and see if she says anything.

My guess is also that who would bring what was planned at the last meeting & that she forgot to send out the reminder this month.But just to be on the safe side, did you check your spam folder to make sure you didn't MISS a reminder?If you've told her that you don't want as much attention as she gives the others, then you really can't be upset with her when she obliges with your request. If she did send out an e-mail & omitted you, it was probably with good intentions, not being mean or forgetting you. She might have actually thought that you had too much on your plate to deal with worrying about the meeting too. ;)

We directors are human to :). I have forgotten to send an email reminding my team or I have inadvertantly left someone out. I don't think she did it intentionally. Send her a quick note telling her you did not recieve a reminder and you are sorry you missed the meeting. Tell her you are looking forward to the next meet and to ask her to make sure you are on the reminder list. If you are struggling with your business, perhaps she can help you. If this is what you want. This could be the perfect excuse to talk to her about your business and what goals you have.

I hope your mother is mending and you have replaced your car.

If you received the "Thank you" email, she obviously has you on her list....so I'd bet she didn't send a reminder email at all. Perhaps SHE was busy and forgot also. The time and day were the same.
I personally wouldn't worry about. You have too much going on in your life to let something as little as this mess with your mind. :) Trust me, I know! The dumbest little thing can ruin your day. Don't let it.For your own future reminder though, I would set up the meeting in your calendar that can pop up a reminder a day in advance. Then if the director forgets to send a reminder, as they will do from time to time, YOU will remember. If you don't get an email from her, when your reminder pops up, you can shoot her a quick email and just ask to confirm if the meeting was still on. Hope things get better for you!

If someone else besides your Director is your recruiter, you might want to get with them for a little help.
Sometimes when a cluster is as large as ours 100+, it's easy to feel like a step child if you miss a meeting. Makes me wonder how I will treat all of my team one day if it gets to be large.

As and AD with a large personal team and 3 downline directors, I can tell you nothing is perfect. You have told her how you want to be worked with... which is exactly what she has done. If you need more, let her know that. Believe me, she wants you to be successful, whatever success is for you. But you can't expect her to put more into your business than you are or be a mind reader. Before YOU jump to conclusions based on how you are feeling, ASK her!

1. How can I address feeling left out by my director at Pampered Chef?

It's important to communicate your feelings with your director in a calm and professional manner. Schedule a one-on-one meeting to discuss your concerns and try to come up with a solution together. It's possible that your director may not even be aware of how you're feeling, so open and honest communication is key.

2. What can I do if I feel like my director at Pampered Chef is playing favorites?

If you feel like your director is playing favorites, try to focus on your own work and performance rather than comparing yourself to others. If the issue persists, you can bring it up to your HR department for further guidance and intervention.

3. How can I cope with feeling left out by my director at Pampered Chef?

Try to focus on your own strengths and accomplishments, and don't let your director's actions affect your self-esteem. Surround yourself with supportive colleagues and find ways to stay engaged and motivated in your work.

4. Can I request a transfer to a different director at Pampered Chef if I feel left out?

If you feel like a transfer to a different director would help improve your work experience, you can discuss this option with your HR department. However, keep in mind that this may not always be possible and it's important to address the issue with your current director first.

5. What should I do if I feel like my director is purposely excluding me from team activities at Pampered Chef?

If you feel like your director is purposely excluding you from team activities, it's important to address this directly with your director. If the issue persists, you can bring it up to your HR department for further assistance. It's important to have a supportive and inclusive team culture, so don't be afraid to speak up about any concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefannie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lovenpc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • MaryannNic