• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting My Knees Moving: A Morning Routine

In summary, Janet's knees hurt, so she tries to stretch them out in the morning. Her mother has the same problem with her hips and legs. Janet is also having knee replacement surgery in a few weeks.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Every morning, when I get up, and try to get my knees to start working.

That's not what I took out of that subject line?! :eek:

Janet- get your mind out of the gutter!So that mine has more room to stretch out there. :)

janetupnorth said:
That's not what I took out of that subject line?! :eek:

That would be a little much, even for me.

An interesting challenge, though.

It always bothers me when people say you're only as old as you feel. That means some days I'm 28, and some days I'm 82.

I tried to feel 28 and got slapped.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I tried to feel 28 and got slapped.

Dirty old man. :rolleyes:

Not quite where you are yet, KG, but getting there. I pulled a calf muscle (felt and heard a pop...only a good sound when you open a jar). I can walk and now without crutches. When I get up, my arches hurt, I limp...it's not pretty.

My Mom is 72 and has a bad hip and leg. Yesterday we laughing because we were thinking we could be in one of those magazine articles...who is the mother and who is the daughter? She has very few wrinkles and if I didn't color my hair...we would be close. Good for her...BAD for me!!! We have been walking alike!!

The ole saying...growing old is not for sissies is true:( But it beats the alternative!

I bet if you felt 50 twice, you wouldn't get slapped...or at least the slap wouldn't be as harsh!

when people ask my age, i clarify that they mean chronological, as my emotional/mental/physical ages vary...even among each other in one day!!

oh and speaking of age, happy belated mutual birthday KG

When I turned (more like hit with a brick wall) 50, it seemed like all heck broke loose. Right knee started giving me trouble, hip joined in for the party, gray hair shot out of my head at the speed of light (I am not joking.. It's incredible how FAST it is coming out), then left knee decided it didn't want to be left out. Now a year and a half into this decade, I am scheduled for left knee replacement the week after conference and am seriously considering putting my retirements funds into hair dye stock. I would be having both knees replaced together, but honestly just can't be off my feet for that long.

Luckily I still have my youthful good looks and positive attitude. Good thing, this aging stuff ain't for whimps!!

It's hell to get old, but it sure beats the alternative!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It's hell to get old, but it sure beats the alternative!

That's your opinion.

1. What are the benefits of having a morning routine?

Having a morning routine can set the tone for your entire day. It can help improve your mood, increase energy levels, and reduce stress and anxiety. Additionally, a consistent morning routine can lead to increased productivity and better time management throughout the day.

2. How long should my morning routine be?

The length of your morning routine can vary depending on your schedule and personal preferences. Some people find that a 30-minute routine works best for them, while others prefer a longer routine of an hour or more. The most important factor is finding a routine that works for you and is sustainable in the long run.

3. What should I include in my morning routine?

Your morning routine should include activities that nourish your mind, body, and soul. This can include things like exercise, meditation, journaling, reading, or simply enjoying a cup of coffee or tea. It's important to choose activities that make you feel good and set you up for a successful day.

4. How can I make my morning routine a habit?

Consistency is key when it comes to making your morning routine a habit. Start by setting a specific time to wake up each day and stick to it. It can also be helpful to plan out your routine the night before and have everything you need ready to go. Over time, your morning routine will become second nature and you'll find it easier to stick to.

5. Can I change up my morning routine?

Absolutely! While having a consistent routine can be beneficial, it's also important to listen to your body and change things up when needed. If you're feeling burnt out or bored with your routine, try adding in new activities or switching up the order of your routine. The key is to find a balance between consistency and flexibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferknapp
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • TerraOB83
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pampchefsarah