• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Feeding America Challenge: Sell a Trivet and Make a Difference!

In summary, Marla told us at conference that we are a little behind in our goal for Feeding America. She said that if every consultant who attended conference sold one trivet apiece, we would meet that goal. We can do a whole lot better than that!
Kathy's_Kitchen
Gold Member
Marla told us at conference that we are a little behind in our goal for Feeding America. She said that if every consultant who attended conference sold one trivet apiece, we would meet that goal. We can do a whole lot better than that!

At my cluster meeting last night another consultant had the idea that we could call every single one of our prior customers and ask them to buy a trivet!! Not only does this help "feed america" but it gives us a great reason to call our customers!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but this program is very near and dear to my heart as my church has a Food Bank that is tied to the Feeding America. I have witnessed first hand how lives are changed when people are fed and nurtured.

Who's with me?!

Really? No one wants to join me in this challenge?I have to tell you that I have gotten great results so far today! I have sold five trivets plus some other products and booked two shows (one catty for July and one cooking show for August).I really hope that more people take advantage of this great reason to call our customers!

I want to join the challenge! I will update you later this week after trying this :). Thanks for the challenge!

And don't forget, not only selling the Trivets, but changing how you ask folks about "round-up" on their orders. Instead of asking if they'd like to round-up to the next dollar, as them "what would you like your total to be? Currently it is $xx, but would you like to donate extra for the Local Food banks?" I have only had one show that I was able to do that with, and it made a difference! I had quite a few add more than just the nearest dollar.

I don't recall Marla saying we are behind, but she mentioned the trivet thing would get us to $1mil for the year very easily.My guests usually always round up. Between their contributions and mine (you can round up supply orders), my totals are always over $300 each year. You just have to let them know and ask everyone. I had several people round up more than just the spare change at my shows this weekend. You just have to plant the idea in their heads.

I always suggest they add more to the round up. I have had quite a few who add $5 or more to their order. Especially when you emphasize it helps their local food pantry, some always fear their money is going to another country.

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
Really? No one wants to join me in this challenge?

I have to tell you that I have gotten great results so far today! I have sold five trivets plus some other products and booked two shows (one catty for July and one cooking show for August).

I really hope that more people take advantage of this great reason to call our customers!

Kathy, do you have a script you are using?

DebbieJ said:
I don't recall Marla saying we are behind, but she mentioned the trivet thing would get us to $1mil for the year very easily.

My guests usually always round up. Between their contributions and mine (you can round up supply orders), my totals are always over $300 each year.

You just have to let them know and ask everyone. I had several people round up more than just the spare change at my shows this weekend. You just have to plant the idea in their heads.

However - I've been told by a couple different people that our personal rounding up for supply/sample orders doesn't get included in our RUFTH totals. Bummer.

ChefBeckyD said:
However - I've been told by a couple different people that our personal rounding up for supply/sample orders doesn't get included in our RUFTH totals. Bummer.

They where does that money go?

It goes to Feeding America. It just doesn't get included for the amount needed to receive the lanyard at conference for the $150+ donations.

crystalscookingnow said:
It goes to Feeding America. It just doesn't get included for the amount needed to receive the lanyard at conference for the $150+ donations.

Right. sorry - should have made that more clear.

At my show last night all 12 guests rounded up their orders because I made sure I asked as part of my full service checkout. Not only that but 5 of them gave addidtional donations. I was so excited!! This was my first show since returning from conference, I was very relaxed and actually made use of the full-service checkout for every customer. Although I did not get any shows on the calendar as of yet, I think it really made a difference in trust and I plan on having so loyal customers for the future. If you are not doing a full-service checkout, start now, it will change your business in time.

My show on Sunday, I explained to everyone in my intro, that I will be asking them during checkout what they wanted to round their order up to, and explained how the difference goes to the local Feeding America food bank. Every single one of them rounded their orders up. 9 orders = $37 in round up donations.

I have been asking each customer at the full checkout about rounding up- now almost each person rounds up! Even those who ordered online rounded their orders. I had $45 of this at the last show!

I think I'm going to make a ton of phone calls tomorrow for this...in fact, maybe i can get enough orders to make it a show! We'll see and I'll report back tomorrow!

What is the period they use to calculate donations to go towards your conference totals? Is it calendar year? or conference to conference? Sept- June? Just curious, so I can track what I'm doing. (not that this is the only reason I'm doing this!)I've seen a bump up in my donations since I started asking differently (round to the nearest dollar or whatever amount you'd like)- and using the Fact Sheet to tell them about how $2 can feed a family for 2 weeks (20 lbs). I even sold a trivet this last show- I haven't done that in a long time!

Most of my customers round up ... some don't ... but did you know that you can round up yourself and put that as a consultant gift on your expenses?

esavvymom said:
What is the period they use to calculate donations to go towards your conference totals? Is it calendar year? or conference to conference? Sept- June? Just curious, so I can track what I'm doing. (not that this is the only reason I'm doing this!)

I've seen a bump up in my donations since I started asking differently (round to the nearest dollar or whatever amount you'd like)- and using the Fact Sheet to tell them about how $2 can feed a family for 2 weeks (20 lbs). I even sold a trivet this last show- I haven't done that in a long time!

Was this factsheet something they handed out at conference? Or is it on here? I'd love to be able to use something like that at my shows.

I know if I could give particulars on how much of an impact a little donation makes more people would probably be inclined to donate more than the change. KWIM?

They had info at Conference, but I believe there's info under charitable giving under CC. I'd have to check to be sure.

The fact sheet is on CC under the Charitable giving section (Promoting Your Business>Charitable Giving Program> Round up for the Heart> RUFTH 2009 Trivet Fact Sheet)No one knows the time period the charitable giving recognition covers? Calendar year, Conference year, catalog year?

I saw Feeding America in action yesterday through the Northern Illinois Food Bank, not that they are the only donors, but it was quite a picture. My husband and I, representing our church, went to an under resourced area in Elgin to give out free lunches to the neighborhood kids and it broke my heart, yet was so wonderful at the same time. We met some great adults and kids. The food bank brought us 90 lunches and I was thinking how much in donations that would have been at seven meals per dollar. It cost $12.86 to feed ninety kids and about half that many came, so we fed those who did for about $6.42 from donations! :eek: Isn’t that amazing? National Conference and you Cheffers made such a difference this year in my presentation of Round Up from the Heart and after yesterday even more so. I have to thank you Cheffers as well for your encouragement and words to say. :balloon: The round up donations on my shows are much higher now. Just thought you’d like to know.

I was thrilled when I heard we hit the $1 million mark as challenged. I know how hard it is to make ends meet when you have a job, I simply can not imagine it without one or a very low paying one. I will be honest. Part of the reason I push it is that I am afraid that one day I may need them. I want to feel like I have earned that right. Oh and I have been giving trivets as my host gifts! I explain why it is important and you know what that does? It encourages others to purchase them and to round up. Do you know I did not realize how many people would love to give but have no idea how? I have several people now that send me checks once a month or whenever they can an simply tell me to add it to a Round-Up! TOO COOL!

One of my friends who is also a consultant told me what she's been doing for RUFTH and I've been using her idea with success. When she talks about our Feeding America program and rounding up during the show, she tells everyone that she will be rounding up their order automatically, unless they tell her otherwise. It also makes things easier for the guests since their total is a nice round number.

k1tchng0ddess said:
One of my friends who is also a consultant told me what she's been doing for RUFTH and I've been using her idea with success. When she talks about our Feeding America program and rounding up during the show, she tells everyone that she will be rounding up their order automatically, unless they tell her otherwise. It also makes things easier for the guests since their total is a nice round number.

I used to do this, but I found it limits people's giving. Many of my customers will round up even more when asked.

So let's say the total is $67.23. You automatically round up to $68 and that's great. But if you ASK the customer, they will often round up to an even $70, resulting in an additional $2 donation!

I have at least one customer at every show who will do this. I don't want to miss out on that!

That's great that this happens for you--way to go! I have never had anyone give more than to the next dollar. I found that when I asked people would sometimes flat out say no.
In New York people are just not always that nice, I hate to say it. LOL

Though it doesn't count for our "sales", and the whole point is giving to those in need, I started adding bring 2 cans of food on my invites I send out for my hosts. The cans are worth $$ for my auction. I have had some people bring more than 2. I started this at the beginning of July. Our local food banks have seen a great need, other than at the holidays. The round-up program and trivets are a great way to help. I'm very excited about the new trivet that will fit under the baker. I'm going to call all my baker owners in September. Think of how many you can help, if all of them purchased a trivet?

Julie - you just gave me a cool alternative idea!
How about an auction where the guests buy a chance at a prize for a buck? Then you simply tack the $$ to someones order as a Round-Up. I would go with maybe a rub or a mini-serving spatula to keep it on the cheap. I don't have a food bank fro Feeding America close enough to get food too so...

I changed my wording to let people decide what to give. My last show 4 people gave for a total of $13.95. Probably $11 more than if I just rounded up to the next dollar for them.

What is the Feeding America Challenge?

The Feeding America Challenge is a campaign organized by Pampered Chef to raise awareness and support for the fight against hunger in America. It encourages people to host cooking parties and donate a portion of their sales to Feeding America, a non-profit organization that works to provide food to those in need.

How can I participate in the Feeding America Challenge?

To participate in the Feeding America Challenge, you can either host a cooking party through Pampered Chef or make a direct donation to Feeding America through our website. You can also spread the word and encourage others to participate in the challenge.

Where does the money raised through the Feeding America Challenge go?

All the money raised through the Feeding America Challenge goes directly to Feeding America to support their efforts in providing food to those facing hunger in America. They work with a network of food banks and food pantries to distribute food to those in need.

What is Pampered Chef's goal for the Feeding America Challenge?

Our goal for the Feeding America Challenge is to raise awareness and support for the fight against hunger in America. We also hope to make a significant contribution to Feeding America's efforts and make a positive impact in the lives of those facing hunger.

Are there any incentives for participating in the Feeding America Challenge?

Yes, there are incentives for participating in the Feeding America Challenge. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your cooking party. Additionally, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference in the fight against hunger.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Sales
2 3
Replies
Views
Chef Diane