• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeding 100? LOL

Fluffy215

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2007
It is my mother in laws 80th birthday in two weeks and I have just been informed I am in charge of making the main dish for her surprise birthday party. When I asked how many people we should be expecting they said at least 150 but just make enough for 100 because there will be plenty of other food as well. Umm I have no idea what to make LOL They said they gave me the main dish to do as it will give me an opportunity to show off PC (not sure if I agree with the timing but whatever LOL) But what can I make to serve 100? I was thinking the Grilled Chicken Penne El Fresca and putting it in my electric roaster/warmer to keep hot. Not sure if that would work and don't know if the church's kitchen has a microwave to fit the DCB. Any suggestions? Anyone? LOL

jackieblue

Nov 3, 2008
You might be able to do that with Asian pork & noodle skillet or one of the enchilada casserole-type recipes too. The recipe you picked would probably be a crowd-pleaser though.

Darn...would have been SO much easier to do appies, or even salads.

Fluffy215

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2007
I thought salad or apps would have been easier also.....but you know, me being the "in-law" I get whatever is left over LOL

Jane the PC

Novice Member
Apr 17, 2009
I would make a giant batch of jambalaya
that is what is usually always served at weddings or functions around here. you got your meat , startch and sauteed smothered vegetables all in one! ;)

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I wouldn't try do anything in the DCB to feed 100 people! That would take forever!

I'd do something that could be done in the Executive Roaster. Like Chicken BBQ's - using the BBQ Rub Sauce recipe. Or Sloppy Joes, using the recipe from the Power Cooking Show.

OR how about the Creamy One Pot Pasta - only make a HUGE batch of it in the Roaster? Add some grilled chicken to it to make it more substantial.

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
I agree with Becky. Even if the pasta recipe in the DCB makes enough to serve 8, that's still 12-13 batches that you'd need to make! Pulled pork or chicken with the rub BBQ sauce would be an easy (and fun) entree. Serve it right from the roaster with a basket full of buns nearby so people can make their own sandwiches.

Jennie4PC

Legacy Member
May 24, 2005
I was going to suggest pulled pork in the roaster, really easy to do. We just did it over the 4th, all we do is season it, then put it in the oven we put it in at 8 pm and cooked it at 200 until 4 the next day. Added BBQ sauce and it as delicous. Serve it with rolls in the bamboo bowls on each side and serve the pork with the tongs.

Fluffy215

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2007
I agree with Becky. Even if the pasta recipe in the DCB makes enough to serve 8, that's still 12-13 batches that you'd need to make! Pulled pork or chicken with the rub BBQ sauce would be an easy (and fun) entree. Serve it right from the roaster with a basket full of buns nearby so people can make their own sandwiches.

Funny, that is what I decided to do earlier :) Thank you for your help :) I am just going to make it in the roaster so I can do lots at the same time and the pork loin is on sale starting tomorrow for $1.49 a pound. We figured we would need about 14 pounds or so LOL I already have tons of rolls that I just got for free every time I bought soda you got two packs free. As of right now I have 9 packs of hamburg/hot dog rolls LOL So that just leaves the meat :) So thank you for ideas it really helped :)

baychef

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2005
There are websites out there for food quantities of 100 for parties. You may be able to get an idea on how to convert your own recipes.

There is a book you may be able to find in a library called "Food for Fifty". It is wonderful and one that people who cook quanitity foods use.

Sometimes when you convert a recipe it does not come out the same so you may want to read up.

And yes, even if you did have time to make 12 batches in the microwave, you could not keep batch one's temperature and quality last until the last batch was completed. Also...you may kill the microwave half way through!