• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fb Question: Separate Pampered Chef Profile?

In summary, HO announced that consultants will now be able to state their consultant status on Facebook and link their PWS to their profile. There are pros and cons to separating personal and business profiles on Facebook, and the updated Facebook policy for consultants states that dedicated groups must be private. Violating the policy can result in consequences such as temporary suspension of PWS ordering privileges or permanent cancellation of the PWS subscription.
NooraK
Gold Member
So HO announced that we will be able to state we are consultants on FB, and link our PWS to our profile. :love: :sing:
woohoo2.gif

I have friends who are consultants with other DS companies, who have set up either a page, or a separate profile for their business. I'll be interested to see what the FB Policy says about what exactly we can do, but in the mean time I thought I'd ask for opinions from you guys. Would you think it beneficial to separate your personal FB profile from your PC one?

Just off the top of my head:

Pros:
You can separate your life and not have to worry about your customers seeing all your personal posts
You don't have to worry about what you're posting offending a customer
You don't have to worry about your friends and family getting tired of seeing your PC updates

Cons:
Two profiles to maintain
Possible loss of "personal" connection when the profile only talks about PC

Funny thing about the announcement today is that I just decided yesterday that I will most likely remove myself completely from FB (just the whole privacy issue thing).

So, I would definitely be on the side of keeping a separate profile just for PC related FB. You can't control what your friends post on your wall, so, to be safe side, I would want to keep it separate. And, yes, my friends would get tired of all the PC stuff.

Oh, and the updated policies are already up on CC (Consultant Policy Guide). It has an update date of July 14th.

How do you create a separate Pampered Chef profile when you're already a Facebook member??? I like the idea of keeping personal life and business life separate.

pampered2007 said:
How do you create a separate Pampered Chef profile when you're already a Facebook member??? I like the idea of keeping personal life and business life separate.

I'd have to investigate the page option, but as long as you have a different email, you could set up a second profile. I have some friends who have two profiles for different groups of contacts (work vs personal etc).

OK, here's something:

Groups or Group Pages on Social Networking Sites
If you create a group on a social networking site that is
primarily dedicated to your Pampered Chef® business, you
must privatize the group. For example, if a Director creates
a Facebook group for their downline or for their customers,
only individuals specifically invited by the group moderator
should have the ability to join the group and access the
group’s page/information.

It doesn't, however, state that if you utilize your personal, general profile to publicize your PC business that you have to make it private. Only if it's just for PC.

did anyone see the consequenses for violating the terms? 5 days for the first violation - is that new?

For a Consultant’s first internet policy violation, they will be
notified that their Personal Web Site individual ordering option
will be suspended for a period of 5 business days in which they
must remove the violation. If they comply, they will be allowed
the privilege of individual online ordering. If the Consultant
does not comply within 5 business days, their Personal Web
Site individual ordering option will be suspended for a total of
60 days. If they are still in violation after 60 days, their Personal
Web Site individual online ordering option will be permanently
disabled.
• For a second violation, the Consultant will be notified that their
Personal Web Site individual ordering option will be disabled
for a period of 5 business days in which they must remove
the violation. If they comply, they will be allowed the Personal
Web Site individual ordering option. If the Consultant does
not comply within 5 days, the Personal Web Site individual
ordering option will be suspended for a total of 90 days. If they
are still in violation after 90 days, their PWS individual online
ordering option will be permanently disabled.
• For a third violation, the Consultant’s Personal Web Site
subscription will be immediately and permanently cancelled.

kristina16marie said:
did anyone see the consequenses for violating the terms? 5 days for the first violation - is that new?

For a Consultant’s first internet policy violation, they will be
notified that their Personal Web Site individual ordering option
will be suspended for a period of 5 business days in which they
must remove the violation. If they comply, they will be allowed
the privilege of individual online ordering. If the Consultant
does not comply within 5 business days, their Personal Web
Site individual ordering option will be suspended for a total of
60 days. If they are still in violation after 60 days, their Personal
Web Site individual online ordering option will be permanently
disabled.
• For a second violation, the Consultant will be notified that their
Personal Web Site individual ordering option will be disabled
for a period of 5 business days in which they must remove
the violation. If they comply, they will be allowed the Personal
Web Site individual ordering option. If the Consultant does
not comply within 5 days, the Personal Web Site individual
ordering option will be suspended for a total of 90 days. If they
are still in violation after 90 days, their PWS individual online
ordering option will be permanently disabled.
• For a third violation, the Consultant’s Personal Web Site
subscription will be immediately and permanently cancelled.

Yes, I think the spelled out consequences are new.

I started a thread to officially discuss the policies here: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f41/official-discussion-new-fb-policy-63043/#post750680

I think that I might create this second profile for business. However, I'm still going to talk about PC stuff on my main profile because it's part of my life and I want others to be indirectly "in the loop". I try not to gush too much about PC and make sure that it's not the only thing I talk about. The second business profile will be something that I do for my customers and family who are already customers.

at the bottom of the PC FB page to the left there's a link to create a page for your business ... would that be the place to start our own FB for customers or even our downline?? OR do we only get to create a regular profile?? I like the idea of a business page .. letting my personal customers share their recipes or favorite products, etc ..

cookingwith_tara said:
at the bottom of the PC FB page to the left there's a link to create a page for your business ... would that be the place to start our own FB for customers or even our downline?? OR do we only get to create a regular profile?? I like the idea of a business page .. letting my personal customers share their recipes or favorite products, etc ..

I think that link is put there by FB, not by PC. It's FB's way of promoting the ability to create a page like that for whatever you want to create a page for. If you were to click that link, you would be creating a group page, and then the part in the policy about making it private would apply. But it'd be like one of those pages you can "Like" that companies have, such as the M&Ms page, or Dave Ramsey's page or something.

okay .. dh and I have our own 'fan' page for our music. we had to send out invitations to our 'friends' and they 'liked' us but now we have even more people we don't know b/c our 'friends' sent out the suggestion to their friends .. so I guess when I made the page, I didn't set it to private, right?? I don't want our music page to be private b/c that's when people can listen to us and invite us to their church to sing .. but I DO want to make sure to set the PC page to private .. by invitation only .. if that's the case, then wouldn't we have to accept or deny anyone our 'friends' suggest .. does that question make sense?

cookingwith_tara said:
okay .. dh and I have our own 'fan' page for our music. we had to send out invitations to our 'friends' and they 'liked' us but now we have even more people we don't know b/c our 'friends' sent out the suggestion to their friends .. so I guess when I made the page, I didn't set it to private, right?? I don't want our music page to be private b/c that's when people can listen to us and invite us to their church to sing .. but I DO want to make sure to set the PC page to private .. by invitation only .. if that's the case, then wouldn't we have to accept or deny anyone our 'friends' suggest .. does that question make sense?

Yes, the question does make sense. I don't know enough about the page setup to be able to answer your question though. From the experience of setting up a private event, I would guess that you wouldn't have to "accept" fans, but that your fans would not be able to share the page like they do with your music one. You would be able to send invitations to contacts, but your fans wouldn't. But that's just an educated guess.

I don't think you can make a "fan page" private... it defeats the purpose of advertising your business on FB if it's limited... you would have to set up a FB "group" instead, which is what I think HO is meaning... On a group page, you can set it to private. However, I don't think that you can message people's wall feeds from a group like you can from a fan page.... which then makes it harder for you to blast your customers.

On the personal vs business FB account front... I have 2 - I have one for personal and one for TT but I don't use the TT one because I get tired of having to log into it separately. I mainly communicate via the TT fan page.

However, you CAN use your personal account to friend your customers -- if you set up your customers under a group, you can limit what appears on their walls, and what they see on yours. You can post a status update that appears only to certain people/groups, so you can advertise this month's host special without bombarding your friends... or you can post about your wild weekend without letting all your customers know about it.

It takes a bit more work (I set up my Frontierville friends <grin> in a separate group so that my other friends don't get the whole "Joy needs help with xxx" because they don't play the game).

I'm liking the updates they made to the policy but I do think it is going to take ALOT of education to get people to understand what they can and cannot do with it. I fear there will be alot of unintended violations as they bring the policy online.

JOy I play Frontierville, too .. and use to play the other games but now only that one ... :) see if you can find me (tara warner ritchie)

PampChefJoy said:
I'm liking the updates they made to the policy but I do think it is going to take ALOT of education to get people to understand what they can and cannot do with it. I fear there will be alot of unintended violations as they bring the policy online.

I agree with you on this. I hope the Online Training will be comprehensive enough to help people understand the rules. I did also see in the policy that there are clear, spelled-out consequences for violating the rules.

LOL Tara... I might just have to friend all my TT customers and PC friends on my personal profile, just to have a ton of Frontierville playing neighbors!! :) I need to harvest someone's eggplants!

NooraK said:
I agree with you on this. I hope the Online Training will be comprehensive enough to help people understand the rules. I did also see in the policy that there are clear, spelled-out consequences for violating the rules.

My experience in running the newsletter business is that there are ALOT of consultants who are barely comfortable with using email and knowing how to distribute email... bringing social networking into the fold just makes me afraid for all the well-meaning consultants who are just learning how to run a business in the digital age. I think we all know someone who is still uncomfortable figuring out how to get on the internet... and yet, I'm sure every consultant will not want to "miss out" on the possibilities that SN can bring.

kam said:
Funny thing about the announcement today is that I just decided yesterday that I will most likely remove myself completely from FB (just the whole privacy issue thing).

So, I would definitely be on the side of keeping a separate profile just for PC related FB. You can't control what your friends post on your wall, so, to be safe side, I would want to keep it separate. And, yes, my friends would get tired of all the PC stuff.

Oh, and the updated policies are already up on CC (Consultant Policy Guide). It has an update date of July 14th.

hmm, I won't be opening a separate profile, and I "hide" all the game posts--but Kam is definitely right--you can't control what other people post...and sometimes the things my friends' other friends post shocks me.
So if I do use FB I will have to change some settings, or be very diligent about "hiding" some posts soon after they appear.

This is very exciting, though!
Marghi

BlueMoon said:
hmm, I won't be opening a separate profile, and I "hide" all the game posts--but Kam is definitely right--you can't control what other people post...and sometimes the things my friends' other friends post shocks me.
So if I do use FB I will have to change some settings, or be very diligent about "hiding" some posts soon after they appear.

This is very exciting, though!
Marghi

What you see in your News Feed doesn't show up for your friends, unless they're a mutual friend of those who posted. If you hide something, that's only for your benefit.

If someone actually posts an item on your wall, you would have to delete it in order to keep anyone who has access to your profile page from seeing it if they visit your page. What's posted on your wall shows up in your NewsFeed for people who are mutual friends with both you and the poster.

I think the best "option" for consultants is to have a fan page, but unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to use that because it can't be private.

I surfed around last night thinking about the different ways you can work within the policy. Does anyone know if they addresses Twitter feeds specifically? You would need to approve anyone joining your Twitter feed too, if the same rules apply as they do to FB group pages. And it seems it might be a bit of work to figure out who is applying to join your Twitter feed because the person's username doesn't always indicate who they are... and how do you know they aren't a legit referred potential customer...? Same for people joining your group...

EDITED---I just saw that there will be classes on line to help us understand all this...so thanks for all your patient help with us FB impaired people. I'm hoping to understand this all so much better soon.
Marghi

NooraK said:
What you see in
your News Feed doesn't show up for your friends, unless they're a mutual friend of those who posted. If you hide something, that's only for your benefit.

If someone actually posts an item on your wall, you would have to delete it in order to keep anyone who has access to your profile page from seeing it if they visit your page. What's posted on your wall shows up in your NewsFeed for people who are mutual friends with both you and the poster.​

?....but when my friends make comments on their own wall, it shows up on my newsfeed--along with all their other friends' comments....these other friends are people I don't know. And apparently even my relatively mild mannered friends have some wild and crazy friends.

So why can I see those?​

Marghi​

Last edited:
BlueMoon said:
EDITED---I just saw that there will be classes on line to help us understand all this...so thanks for all your patient help with us FB impaired people. I'm hoping to understand this all so much better soon.
Marghi
?....but when my friends make comments on their own wall, it shows up on my newsfeed--along with all their other friends' comments....these other friends are people I don't know. And apparently even my relatively mild mannered friends have some wild and crazy friends.So why can I see those?​
Marghi​
[/INDENT]
It shows up on your news feed but it doesn't post on you wall. Other people see your wall, not your news feed.Let's say I have a friend, Suzie. Suzie posts about her day on her own wall. Mary is Suzie's friend but not mine. Mary comments on Suzie's post. Suzie's post shows up in my news feed & so does Mary's comment. But, since Suzie didn't post the thing on my wall, friends that are mine and not Marys don't see Suzie's post. Does that make sense?

I'm still pretty new at FB but I use it mostly for close friends and family and I post a lot of pictures of my family. I have an 8 year old and I personally would not want all my customers to be able to view all my posts and pictures about my son. I'll have to keep any eye out for great tips from all the great consultants on here!! Thank you EVERYONE!

I intend to have a separate FB profile for my business, if for no other reason than I can use the PC banner as my profile pic. I don't want my friends and family to feel bombarded by PC every time I post. On the other hand, it would be great for my customers to get that little *bing!* every time I post. I can see myself posting food tips, kitchen tips, etc. on my business profile in a way I wouldn't on my private profile.Once I get that set up I will also be adding that profile info to the contact cards I use at my shows.

hey rae .. what's your contact card?? your business card?

PamperedSD said:
I'm still pretty new at FB but I use it mostly for close friends and family and I post a lot of pictures of my family. I have an 8 year old and I personally would not want all my customers to be able to view all my posts and pictures about my son. I'll have to keep any eye out for great tips from all the great consultants on here!! Thank you EVERYONE!

FB actually has settings that you can control who sees what. First off, the best thing is to go through your friends list and assign them into "lists". I created several lists: high school, college, Chef Success, games, strangers (for times that I've added people who play FB games that I don't know), Book Club, etc.

Under the privacy settings, you can set each photo album to different filters. I have photos of my kids on my account, so I can specify who I want to allow or not allow to see them. You can even specify individual people who you don't want to allow to see it.

So, for my photo albums w/ kid pictures, I don't allow the "strangers" and some other people to see it. While I think it's fun to let some HS buddies see what my family looks like, I don't want all the HS people to see them. :D

And the same things goes for the posts you make. I play some FB games and not everyone wants to see those. And I don't necessarily want certain people to know that I'm sitting around playing games. :D :blushing: So when I go to post something for my games, I click the lock symbol button that's right next to the "publish" button. Then I click "customize", and then "specific people", and type in "games" (cause that's the list name I created). Then "save setting" and then I publish it. If you hover over the lock symbol, you'll see it changed to show "games".

People can "hide" the annoying game applications they don't like from showing on their wall. But lots of people don't know how to do that. So by just posting to my specific friends, it just makes it nicer to everyone. :D

Hope that helps! (Hope I didn't just duplicate something someone might've shared and I missed.) :blushing: :)

babywings76 said:
FB actually has settings that you can control who sees what. First off, the best thing is to go through your friends list and assign them into "lists". I created several lists: high school, college, Chef Success, games, strangers (for times that I've added people who play FB games that I don't know), Book Club, etc.

Under the privacy settings, you can set each photo album to different filters. I have photos of my kids on my account, so I can specify who I want to allow or not allow to see them. You can even specify individual people who you don't want to allow to see it.

So, for my photo albums w/ kid pictures, I don't allow the "strangers" and some other people to see it. While I think it's fun to let some HS buddies see what my family looks like, I don't want all the HS people to see them. :D

And the same things goes for the posts you make. I play some FB games and not everyone wants to see those. And I don't necessarily want certain people to know that I'm sitting around playing games. :D :blushing: So when I go to post something for my games, I click the lock symbol button that's right next to the "publish" button. Then I click "customize", and then "specific people", and type in "games" (cause that's the list name I created). Then "save setting" and then I publish it. If you hover over the lock symbol, you'll see it changed to show "games".

People can "hide" the annoying game applications they don't like from showing on their wall. But lots of people don't know how to do that. So by just posting to my specific friends, it just makes it nicer to everyone. :D

Hope that helps! (Hope I didn't just duplicate something someone might've shared and I missed.) :blushing: :)

Thanks for the info! That is good to know about the games. I don't play any, but one of the reason's I don't is that I don't want messages constantly going to everyone. I understand the lists and started doing that...

But, the one thing that REALLY annoys me is that everything I join or become a fan of gets posted to all my Friends. If I join a TV show fan page, or Like it or whatever, it shows up on the News Feed for my friends. I hate that. But, I guess that is the WHOLE POINT of FB, right? Can you change who sees your updates like that?

So, that would be my concern of mixing personal FB with PC FB, is it really your customer's business which TV shows you watch, stores you shop at, etc...Also, how many times do you Like something political/religious on your Personal FB page? I know that I stay away from those topics when I am doing PC.

kam said:
Thanks for the info! That is good to know about the games. I don't play any, but one of the reason's I don't is that I don't want messages constantly going to everyone. I understand the lists and started doing that...

But, the one thing that REALLY annoys me is that everything I join or become a fan of gets posted to all my Friends. If I join a TV show fan page, or Like it or whatever, it shows up on the News Feed for my friends. I hate that. But, I guess that is the WHOLE POINT of FB, right? Can you change who sees your updates like that?

So, that would be my concern of mixing personal FB with PC FB, is it really your customer's business which TV shows you watch, stores you shop at, etc...Also, how many times do you Like something political/religious on your Personal FB page? I know that I stay away from those topics when I am doing PC.

Because I have such a mix of friends with all sorts of political and religious views, I try to stay neutral on FB. I've witnessed some heated debates from some of my friends posts and I just don't want to get into all that. I've shared a religious post I think only 1 or 2 times, but it was more of an all around uplifting story.

I don't click "like" on those commercialized things or cute expressions that are clickable like it's a group or something, because I don't want to junk up my profile with tons of super silly things. But that's just me. I don't think there's any harm really in letting your FB friends/family know what TV shows you like or whatever. But the PC business profile, I don't think I'd click those things because it wouldn't seem professional. Maybe on food related ones like "Food Network" or something that would be fitting. ;)

I do the same thing, Amanda. Politics and specific doctrinal religious views are difficult to discuss online. There's no tone of voice, so it's easy to be misunderstood or unintentionally offend. I got my business profile set up. I'm in the process of friending the customers who are already part of my personal profile. Several have accepted requests. Yay!

Thanks for all the great opinions everyone! I'm sitting here thinking "If Rae's doing it, I think I'll do it, because I want to be just like her!" :D

babywings76 said:
Because I have such a mix of friends with all sorts of political and religious views, I try to stay neutral on FB. I've witnessed some heated debates from some of my friends posts and I just don't want to get into all that. I've shared a religious post I think only 1 or 2 times, but it was more of an all around uplifting story.

I don't click "like" on those commercialized things or cute expressions that are clickable like it's a group or something, because I don't want to junk up my profile with tons of super silly things. But that's just me. I don't think there's any harm really in letting your FB friends/family know what TV shows you like or whatever. But the PC business profile, I don't think I'd click those things because it wouldn't seem professional. Maybe on food related ones like "Food Network" or something that would be fitting. ;)

Amanda, when I said "you" I wasn't directing it at you personally. :)

I meant, in general, how many of us comment or like things that might be of a political/religious nature. And since only our friends see it, we might not worry about it. When we link in our customers, completely different. And, yes, I agree, many things we like or become fans of (even if not rel/pol) would be unprofessional!

raebates said:
I do the same thing, Amanda. Politics and specific doctrinal religious views are difficult to discuss online. There's no tone of voice, so it's easy to be misunderstood or unintentionally offend.

I got my business profile set up. I'm in the process of friending the customers who are already part of my personal profile. Several have accepted requests. Yay!

How did you set up the name of that profile? Did you just create it under "Rae Bates"? Or did you add anything to indicate it's a Pampered Chef profile? I don't know if "Rae Bates Pampered Chef Lady" would fit, and I'm sure it'd be harder to search/find, and I'd want to re-read the policy guide to see if that's allowable, but I think it would make it easier for people to distinguish one profile from another.

I think if you set it up as "FirstName PampChef LastName" or something along those lines, people can still find you by searching first and last name, but will see that the PC is there and know it's the right profile...Like mine would be Joy PampChef Edwards or Joy PC Edwards.I really wish there was a way to make the Fan pages private like groups... the fan pages are really designed for marketing better.

As Noora now knows (she friended me) I just used Rae Bates but put the PC logo as my profile pic.

I actually did a tester by creating a group - (I posted some concerning questions in the other FB thread)

I had "Tara Ritchie (Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef)" Tara Ritchie as first name and the rest as last and it all fit and looked nice ... but it may be a bit much .. like I said just testing it out :)

I am also concerned as to what to call it, which is why I haven't moved forward yet.
Also, are you guys making them Groups so people can 'be a fan' or just another page?

I'd rather do a group so I only have one login and wouldn't have to worry about logging out and back in. Just curious what you all are doing :]

Noora is checking into the group page thing. As I said earlier I simply created a profile with my name and the PC logo as my pic. I then friended myself and did friend requests from my list of friends. I only friended people to my PC profile who I know like PC. I use different browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE), so I just open both in different browsers.

If you make a business page....it is just a "Like" page....is there something I am doing wrong?

I also have a facebook question if anyone can answer it. I sent out an facebook status to all my friends to check out the facebook page for The Pampered Chef and become a friend. My friends did and recommended to other friends and then were promptly called by ""someone" saying they were their new Pampered chef person. I don't appreciate someone contacting my customers just because they became a fan of Pampered Chef. Did this happen to anyone else?

scavallero said:
I also have a facebook question if anyone can answer it. I sent out an facebook status to all my friends to check out the facebook page for The Pampered Chef and become a friend. My friends did and recommended to other friends and then were promptly called by ""someone" saying they were their new Pampered chef person. I don't appreciate someone contacting my customers just because they became a fan of Pampered Chef. Did this happen to anyone else?
wow, Helen, that's awful. I am not yet a consultant, and no one contacted me after I friend-ed it. I wonder if they accidentally friend-ed one if the "other" pampered chef pages? there are some that are verrry official looking
there is a pampered chef "company" and a pampered chef "organization"--apparently the company is a friend of the organization? It 's very confusing...
Marghi

Last edited:
Wow, that's kind of bold.

Firstly, make sure you're sending them to the main page: The Pampered Chef | Facebook. That way, they're not "liking" a page that someone else created, because the creator can then access their profile information.

You could check with the friends to see what page the "liked," but I don't know what else you could do. I wouldn't recommend contacting a person who would do something like that, it wouldn't turn out pretty. I don't know if there's anything HO could do, unless this other person is representing themselves to be HO, but I'm not one to spend my time reporting people to HO anyway.

I really hope consultants will not abuse this! I already saw this morning on the official page someone said their consultant had moved and needed a new one so a consultant promptly posted their website. I am confused as to weather or not this is ok? It does not seem kosher to me.

I dont' understand how consultants are 'calling' these people as if it was THEIR lead ?? I'm confused ..

It's my guess that someone went somewhere other than the official PC page. However, if the person chose to use the PC fb page to go to the official website and purchase something, they would be sent through the lead system. Does that make sense?Paulette, it is perfectly kosher now to post a link to your website on fb as long as the link is to your home page.Elizabethby, your mistake is designating yourself as a business. That makes it a group page. Groups can only be liked or unliked.

Thanks Rae, I was confused since they posted it on the PC official page.

It will take a bit to get used to everything. :)

etteluap70PC said:
I really hope consultants will not abuse this! I already saw this morning on the official page someone said their consultant had moved and needed a new one so a consultant promptly posted their website. I am confused as to weather or not this is ok? It does not seem kosher to me.

raebates said:
It's my guess that someone went somewhere other than the official PC page. However, if the person chose to use the PC fb page to go to the official website and purchase something, they would be sent through the lead system. Does that make sense?

Paulette, it is perfectly kosher now to post a link to your website on fb as long as the link is to your home page.

Elizabethby, your mistake is designating yourself as a business. That makes it a group page. Groups can only be liked or unliked.

etteluap70PC said:
Thanks Rae, I was confused since they posted it on the PC official page.

It will take a bit to get used to everything. :)

Actually, the policy does state that you are not allowed to post your own PWS on the PC main FB page. It's OK to put it on your own page, but not on the PC page.

Yeah, I didn't pick up on the fact that it was on the actual PC page. It was made very clear that the HO will be paying close attention. This is the weekend, so they probably aren't in. I imagine that consultant will have some things to answer for come Monday. It is my theory that they'll give a little leeway during the first couple of weeks as people get used to the idea. But, soon those things will result in big trouble.

scavallero said:

Did they perhaps click on the "Shop Online" thing and enter their info? If so, their name goes into the lead system - so make sure you tell your customers that if they want to shop online, to go to YOUR website and browse and shop there.

I don't think I'm going to tell my FB friends about the main PC FB site, or at least not recommend to them to "like" it. I don't want to direct people there and risk them exploring and possibly buying or asking to learn about the business or whatever on the main site and then get into HO's lead system. If they are connected to me, I'm going to strengthen that bond, not risk severing it. ;) I clicked "like" to the main PC page and plan to utilize the info they share to then share it on my own page. I plan to give tips and pointers and highlight a favorite product each week. I think I'm also going to share what my weekly menu for my family is going to be and give them the recipe how-to's and whatnot. :)

Ok.. so I am a bit confused between fan pages, group pages, etc. I am already a Facebook member. I want to advertise my PC business on Facebook, but SEPARATELY

Ok, so I am bit confused between the fan pages, group pages, clicking to "like", etc, etc. Not understanding all this much at all as a matter of fact! LOL!!! So my question is...I already have a personal Facebook account. I want to advertise my PC business on Facebook, but want to have it completely separate from my personal account. How do I do it???

I'm assuming that I sign up like I did when I first joined Facebook, just enter a different email? And do I have to make it a private page or "for friends only"? thanks!

pampered2007 said:
I'm assuming that I sign up like I did when I first joined Facebook, just enter a different email? thanks!
yes, exactly
pampered2007 said:
And do I have to make it a private page or "for friends only"? thanks!
i am not sure, that seems to be the question being debated

<H2>1. Can I have a separate Pampered Chef profile on Facebook?</H2><p>Yes, you can now have a separate profile for your Pampered Chef business on Facebook. The company has announced that consultants can state their affiliation and link their Personal Website (PWS) to their profile.</p><H2>2. Why would I want a separate profile for my Pampered Chef business?</H2><p>Having a separate profile allows you to keep your personal and professional life separate on Facebook. This means you don't have to worry about your customers seeing your personal posts, or your friends and family getting tired of seeing your business updates. It also allows you to maintain a professional image on your Pampered Chef profile.</p><H2>3. What are the benefits of having a separate Pampered Chef profile?</H2><p>Some potential benefits of having a separate profile for your Pampered Chef business include being able to focus solely on your business without any personal distractions, and being able to connect with potential customers and other consultants in a more professional manner.</p><H2>4. Are there any drawbacks to having a separate Pampered Chef profile?</H2><p>One potential drawback is that you will have two profiles to maintain, which may be time-consuming. Additionally, having a separate profile may result in a loss of personal connection with your customers, as your profile will only focus on your business.</p><H2>5. Can I still promote my Pampered Chef business on my personal profile?</H2><p>Yes, you can still promote your Pampered Chef business on your personal profile. However, it is important to be mindful of what you post and ensure that it aligns with your personal brand and does not offend any potential customers.</p>

1. Can I have a separate Pampered Chef profile on Facebook?

Yes, you can now have a separate profile for your Pampered Chef business on Facebook. The company has announced that consultants can state their affiliation and link their Personal Website (PWS) to their profile.

2. Why would I want a separate profile for my Pampered Chef business?

Having a separate profile allows you to keep your personal and professional life separate on Facebook. This means you don't have to worry about your customers seeing your personal posts, or your friends and family getting tired of seeing your business updates. It also allows you to maintain a professional image on your Pampered Chef profile.

3. What are the benefits of having a separate Pampered Chef profile?

Some potential benefits of having a separate profile for your Pampered Chef business include being able to focus solely on your business without any personal distractions, and being able to connect with potential customers and other consultants in a more professional manner.

4. Are there any drawbacks to having a separate Pampered Chef profile?

One potential drawback is that you will have two profiles to maintain, which may be time-consuming. Additionally, having a separate profile may result in a loss of personal connection with your customers, as your profile will only focus on your business.

5. Can I still promote my Pampered Chef business on my personal profile?

Yes, you can still promote your Pampered Chef business on your personal profile. However, it is important to be mindful of what you post and ensure that it aligns with your personal brand and does not offend any potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • luvmypomeranian