• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fb: Pampered Chef Group Vs. Pampered Chef Page?

Groups are public by default and people can't opt out.PC requires whatever you create to be an opt-in, so you would have to have customers' permission prior to adding them to a group.Thank you for the clarification.Think of it this way. A page is a place to advertise your business and share relevant content (food and entertaining ideas, food storage info, recipes, etc.). A group is a place to hang out and talk with others.
kdangel518
Gold Member
So I have just re-signed after being inactive for about a year. When I was active previously I did have a FB page for my PC biz, however, a number of my friends who are direct sales consultants for other companies started a "group" for their biz instead of a "page" on FB.

I am wondering what the general feeling is of pages vs. groups?

With a page I feel you get more visibility, however, with a group you can make it public and just add people. I have about 400+ people in my group vs. less than 80 that had "liked" my page.

The other concern I have is now I have this group- and I think I would lose a lot of people if I went back to my page- change management, etc.

Recommendations?

there are strict guidelines about social networking now so check them out in the handbook. One biggie is that they need to be able to opt in/out themselves, so I think Groups would violate this. I have mine set up as a page

People have to be more deliberate in finding you and reading about what's new if you do it as a group. A page is better because then anyone can like you and they don't have to have you as a FB friend. Anytime you post something it will show up in their news feed, so you get more visibility.

babywings76 said:
People have to be more deliberate in finding you and reading about what's new if you do it as a group. A page is better because then anyone can like you and they don't have to have you as a FB friend. Anytime you post something it will show up in their news feed, so you get more visibility.

I agree.... When I switched, I posted that I was shutting my group down on such & such date. (like a month) then reminded them. I think I was able to 'remove from group' when I noticed they liked my pg... But that was before all these lovely changes so I'm not sure if you can still do that.... But then those that were left, I 'shared & invited' them to like my page and well, I had a few that never moved over, I did get the majority to. ;)

People can definitely opt out of a group and my group is public so they don't have to be friends with me to join. But I do feel like a page would be more effective... Maybe I will set it up for 2 months from now (maybe 6/1) I will switch over to a page and shut down my group.

I believe that PC rules are that groups have to be private. Public pages are OK because people can "like" or "unlike" them at will.

I seem to remember somewhere that you couldn't have 2 pages. Does a personal and business page count as two independent pages. Right now I have a group that people can opt out of. Any advice would be appreciated.

ally44 said:
I seem to remember somewhere that you couldn't have 2 pages. Does a personal and business page count as two independent pages. Right now I have a group that people can opt out of. Any advice would be appreciated.

FB does not allow you to have two Profiles. A Page and a Profile are two different things. PC requires whatever you create to be an opt-in, so you would have to have customers' permission prior to adding them to a group.

Thank you for the clarification.

Think of it this way. A page is a place to advertise your business and share relevant content (food and entertaining ideas, food storage info, recipes, etc.). A group is a place to hang out and talk with others.

I have had two different facebook friends create business groups and they added me without my permission. I don't care for their products at all and now I receive updates every time anyone posts in their groups. It is very annoying! I haven't dropped out of their groups yet as they are business contacts, but I was personally very frustrated when I was added to these groups without even being asked if I wanted to take part. At least with my business page, people have the option of joining.

What is the difference between the Pampered Chef Group and the Pampered Chef Page on Facebook?

The Pampered Chef Group on Facebook is a private group where members can interact and discuss Pampered Chef products and recipes. The Pampered Chef Page is a public page where the company shares updates, promotions, and information about their products.

Can anyone join the Pampered Chef Group on Facebook?

Yes, anyone can request to join the Pampered Chef Group on Facebook. However, the group moderators may have certain criteria for accepting new members.

What type of content can I expect to see on the Pampered Chef Page on Facebook?

The Pampered Chef Page on Facebook primarily shares updates on new products, promotions, and recipes. They may also share tips and tricks for using their products, as well as customer reviews and success stories.

Can I purchase Pampered Chef products through the Facebook Group or Page?

No, the Pampered Chef Group and Page on Facebook are not intended for direct sales. However, they may provide links to the company's website or a consultant's page where you can make purchases.

Are there any benefits to joining the Pampered Chef Group or following the Pampered Chef Page on Facebook?

Yes, members of the Pampered Chef Group on Facebook can interact with other Pampered Chef enthusiasts, share recipes and tips, and participate in exclusive group promotions. Following the Pampered Chef Page on Facebook allows you to stay updated on the latest products and promotions from the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
twiggy4joe
  • meowmix