• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fb Event, Making the Host a Moderator

In Summary,Stacielynn is trying to figure out how to invite guests to a public event that she created on her business page. She finds that once she makes the host of the event a moderator, they can send messages to all of her fans. However, this does not work the same way on her personal page where she can just email the guests of the events.
babywings76
Gold Member
How do I do this again? I created an event on my business page, so it's a public event. I invited the host to it. How can I make her an administrator? I can't seem to remember and when I try what I thought it was I was supposed to do, it's not there as an option. I'm wondering if FB changed something, or I'm just missing it somehow.

They changed it. Go to "edit event" and there should be a box for it :)

Thanks! I didn't notice that text box with everything else that said "admins". My host just RSVP'd, so now I was able to add her in.

I am also trying to figure out how to invite guests to a event. It is not showing the "Invite Guests" button on the event. Maybe I have my page settings wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Amanda, If you are doing this event through your business page, remember that once you make them a moderator, they can send a message to all your fans! Stacielynn, once you RSVP to attend, you'll see an option to add guests. That's what I have my hosts do, RSVP to the event I built & then they can invite their friends/family. ;)

Sheila said:
Amanda, If you are doing this event through your business page, remember that once you make them a moderator, they can send a message to all your fans! Stacielynn, once you RSVP to attend, you'll see an option to add guests. That's what I have my hosts do, RSVP to the event I built & then they can invite their friends/family. ;)
I misspoke in calling it a moderator. I meant making the host an admin of the event. Admins won't have control of my page, right?ETA: I checked my page settings and it only shows me as the admin of the page, no one else. So the event settings is just for the event.

Thank you so much Sheila! I have been spending way to much time trying to figure this out and it was so simple.

Amanda, it's been a while since I looked at it ... but the last time I did when you try to "message" all the guests on an event created by a business page, it tries to send the message to the fans vs. the people who are invited to the actual event. They may have updated the options, not sure. But it didn't work like an event on my personal page where I could just e-mail the guests of the events. It actually wanted to e-mail my fans instead. So just make sure your host knows if she wants to communicate with her guests to pay attention & not accidentally send the message to all your FB fans by mistake. ;)You're welcome Stacielynn.

1. What is a moderator in a Facebook event?

A moderator in a Facebook event is a person who has the ability to manage certain aspects of the event, such as approving posts and comments, inviting or removing guests, and managing event settings.

2. How do I make the host a moderator of my Facebook event?

To make the host a moderator of your Facebook event, go to the event page and click on the "Edit" button. Then, under the "Guests" section, click on the "Invite" button next to the host's name and select "Make Co-host". The host will then have moderator privileges for the event.

3. What can a moderator do in a Facebook event?

A moderator in a Facebook event can approve or delete posts and comments, invite or remove guests, and manage event settings such as the event name, date, and location. They can also promote other guests to become moderators.

4. Can I remove moderator privileges from the host in my Facebook event?

Yes, you can remove moderator privileges from the host in your Facebook event by going to the event page and clicking on the "Edit" button. Then, under the "Guests" section, click on the "Invite" button next to the host's name and select "Remove as Co-host". This will remove their moderator privileges for the event.

5. How many moderators can I have in a Facebook event?

You can have up to 50 moderators in a Facebook event. This includes the host and any guests who have been promoted to moderators. However, it is recommended to limit the number of moderators to a smaller group to avoid confusion and ensure efficient event management.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • Stacielynn