• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unleash the Fun: Top Wii Games for All Ages | My Family's Favorites

In summary, the Wii is a fun game system that is great for family fun. Some of the favorite games include We Ski, Wii Play, and Wii Fit. The Wii Fit is especially fun because it is a workout and it is compatible with other Wii games.
pampermejolene
Gold Member
I finally broke down and bought a Wii (after hunting for it for a couple days). I am having so much fun with it already!

Just wanted to see what you or your family's favorite games for it are.

I have We Ski (FUN, I've never gone skiing in real life, but love this game)
Wii Play is on it's way ( I ordered it so I could get the controller and nun chuck too)
I rented Raving Rabbids TV Party and it is hilarious!
and of course I want to get the Wii Fit as soon as I can track one down.

We have the Dance Dance revolution... it is fun and a workout at the same time... I also bought my husband Rapala Fishing.... it was a blast... have fun!

Guitar hero and Mario cart are favorites at my house.

I love the Wii Fit, but the kids got Guitar Hero for Christmas and we are all hooked on that!! American Idol is also fun-we do the Idol Competition and we can even get my husband to sing-hilarious! :sing:

Mario Kart is the fav here....but I have kids. We just got ours at Christmas so I'm interested in seeing what everyone likes. My husband likes the Cabela's games "Big Game Hunter" and "Trophy Bucks" and I have to admit, even they are fun. We played sports off and on all day yesterday. My 4 YO beat my husband at bowling....hilarious!

We played the Wii games when we were down at my son's in NC after Christmas. We loved , loved, loved, it... We bought our granddaughter the carnival mini golf.. Oh my, it was soooo much fun. I told my DH that we have to get a Wii for us and there are only him and I. We bowled and it was like you were really bowling. I the other game was I think Mario something,, where you raced. It was totally awesome..... I like the wii system because you actually move ,, and break out in a sweat. instead of just sitting and moving your fingers. As I am making my pc goals the wii will be on my list.

My kids LOVE Wii Music. I haven't gotten into it yet but they think it is great. Friends have Outdoor Adventure & love it. I watched them play Friday night. It looks fun & I think we will have to get it. You know the arcade game Whack-a-Mole? In Outdoor Adventure, you stomp on the mole on a mat similar to Dance Dance Revolution. There are tons of other games involved with it like log rolling & tons I can't remember. I think it's more suitable for younger kids too. My friend's 9 year old loves it & is quite good. My daughter loves DDR which they got for Christmas. Wii Sport & Wii Fit are favorites here too. My son bought my daughter a game that everyone was enjoying on Friday night as well. I can't remember the name but you put the controller in the Maracas to play it. I think we are going to have to get a second Wii soon because my son will graduate in June & will probably take one to college with him!!!A friend of mine & her husband have a Wii. They are empty nesters & play against each other all the time. Of course, they said they bought it for the grandkids! The kids are allowed to play when they come over!

We finally got a Wii this year for Christmas. So far all I play on it are the sports. My DD finished the Hannah Montanna game in one day. So that is no longer being played. My BF has the Cabela's Big Game hunter and he hasn't even opened it yet.
We did just get the Wii fit. I received a pick-up slip yesterday that it is sitting at the post office waiting for us. I couldn't get my BF to understand what it was (the whole man selective hearing thing) and so we didn't get it when we ordered the Wii. But my DD really wanted the fit for her b-day so I searched and searched and searched and finally got one.
I have played the fit at my sisters and at friends and LOVE it!!

Heck, my mom bought a Wii after playing at my sisters house. She plays it all the time and believe me it is HILARIOUS to watch my mother play it. No sense of balance so on the Wii fit she still is falling off the end of the ski jump and rolling up into a gigantic snowball. I get a workout watching her play b/c I laugh so hard my stomach muscles hurt.

Hands down. Mario Kart is my favorite, and we don't even have a Wii, yet! Looking to get one, so I like hearing the faves here.

My girlfiend loves Family Game Night. She, her husband and 9 year old daughter all enjoy playing.

my kids LOVE Family Game Night by Hasbro, its got yatzee, battleship,sorry, connect four and sorry sliders on it, they LOVE IT! also they like the carnival games and Playground games they are all a big hit here. Myself I love Rockband for the Wii my daughter got it for Christmas and I am so hooked.

my kids love Cookin Mama!

peichef said:
my kids love Cookin Mama!

oh yes cooking mama the kids like that one too.

the guy I'm dating convinced me to buy Resident Evil 4 (it was only $20!). I'm not usually into the shooting type games, but this one is a lot of fun. Took me a little while to get into it but I'm getting hooked now.This game does have violence and gross graphics so I don't recommend it for the kiddos. I also got My Fitness Coach today (it was discounted $10, man do I love a deal!). Haven't gotten too into it yet. But I like that I can use the balance ball and hand weights that I already own with it.

We love the Family Game Night. My DD and SIL play Battleship on it. We all play Yatzee. We played Sorry Sliders and I won yesterday! LOL! I love the Bowling too. It's a lot of fun. My 2 yo grandson has a control in his hand while we play and he thinks he is "helping"! LOL!

My faves are Wii Fit, My Fitness Trainer, Outdoor Challenge, and Big Brain Academy
DS (12) loves Thrillville, Iron Man, and Transformers

We don't have a Wii but I would love to get one. My brother has one and we were playing on it at the weekend. It was so much fun that I want to get one now. My husband has a Playstation 3 though so he doesn't want something else.

My DS is addicted to Lego Batman.

My kids love the WII Fit games and so do I. We love unlocking new games or activities. I bought the Jillian Michels game, but it doesn't work. The screen person is not in sync with the player. That sucks because it was expensive and I was really looking forward to that one.

We don't have many games just Wii fit and Wii Play. Family game night sounds cool. My 5 yo loves to play the bowling game on Wii Play. I'm so glad I bought it!

susanr613 said:
My faves are Wii Fit, My Fitness Trainer, Outdoor Challenge, and Big Brain Academy
DS (12) loves Thrillville, Iron Man, and Transformers

I wondered about Big Brain Academy. I had it for Nintendo DS and completed it in no time. I got bored with it really quick. I am hoping the Wii version has more to it

pamperedlinda said:
My DS is addicted to Lego Batman.

I think I might have to get this game, or at least rent it. Looks too cute!

Speaking of renting, does anyone use Gamefly?
I think I might sign up for the free trial but I don't think I play games often enough to justify the cost. I was amazed that Wii games are almost $10 to rent at Blockbuster :eek:

DS5 got a hot wheels game for the wii for Christmas and at first he hated it because steering is so tricky - now that's all he'll play. I like Raving Rabbids and I'm partial to Wii Sports. I have the Wii Fit on my wish list for Mother's Day. We played it at Six Flags over the summer and I can't wait to incorporate it into my fitness routine.

pampermejolene said:
I was amazed that Wii games are almost $10 to rent at Blockbuster :eek:

If you have a GameStop in your area, I recommend joining their discount program. It does cost to join but you save 10% on used games for a year and they'll buy them back from you too. They also have a great return policy (30 days from purchase) on used games, better than the new ones (only 7 days) so you can try out a used game and return it for your money back if you don't like it.

myinnerchef said:
If you have a GameStop in your area, I recommend joining their discount program. It does cost to join but you save 10% on used games for a year and they'll buy them back from you too. They also have a great return policy (30 days from purchase) on used games, better than the new ones (only 7 days) so you can try out a used game and return it for your money back if you don't like it.

oh! Thanks for the info! There is one right next to the Blockbuster I go to to rent games!

I was told just the other day by gamestop the return policy is 7 days if you do not like the game and 30 days if there is something wrong with it. And they buy new and used games.

Chef Kearns said:
My kids love the WII Fit games and so do I. We love unlocking new games or activities. I bought the Jillian Michels game, but it doesn't work. The screen person is not in sync with the player. That sucks because it was expensive and I was really looking forward to that one.

We don't have many games just Wii fit and Wii Play. Family game night sounds cool. My 5 yo loves to play the bowling game on Wii Play. I'm so glad I bought it!

Oh I wondered about that one. Jillian is my hero. She is insane!!!

I wanted the Jillian Michels game, but every review i read said the same thing. Great game, great concept, but very poor planning. Some say the delay is even 45-60 seconds. Not worth my money. Will wait and see if they come out with another one.

Chef Kearns said:

I am outta the loop - how much does a Wii cost (CDN)?

My kids are 3 and 2 - are they too young?

IMO, your kids are probably too young to fully enjoy it. But there are plenty of great games for you - and your kids will grow into it. I don't know how much they cost in Canada but ours cost $250 USD not counting the extra controllers or the games.

stefani2 said:
I am outta the loop - how much does a Wii cost (CDN)?

My kids are 3 and 2 - are they too young?

ya, $250 USD (once you find one, they are in very high demand).

They use cordless remotes to control the game. The remotes come with straps to attach to your wrist. For this reason there are warnings for no players under 36 months, because the strap could go over the head and cause problems.

my niece is 6 and depending on what game, sometimes she gets the hang of it sometimes she doesn't. I bought it for me and my friends though (so-called "adults") :balloon:

has anyone played Metroid or Zelda on it? They are definitely on my list to rent

my boys love guitar hero, sonic unleashed and super mario brawl

We love bowling and boxing that came with the Wii, I love the Wii Fit. My DH loves the game Need for Speed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views