• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Refreshing Summer Salad Ideas: Get Creative with Your Veggie Fridge!

In summary, popular ingredients for summer salads include fresh fruits, crisp vegetables, and protein options like grilled chicken or shrimp. For light and refreshing dressings, options include citrus or balsamic vinaigrettes, or a simple olive oil and lemon juice dressing. To add crunch, toppings like nuts, seeds, or chopped apples can be used, and leafy greens or grains can be used as the base. To make the salad more filling, protein sources and healthy fats can be added.
rennea
Gold Member
I have a ton of veggies in the fridge but am getting low on ideas for salads. Does anybody have a salad that is a must for Summer that you make all the time. I have been making mixed greens,mint and strawberries and homemade poppy seed dressing. But it is getting a little boring now.

One of my favorites is the Harvest Chicken Salad...
I think you can mix & match the veggies & the dressing is awesome!! ( also on the healthy side) :D

I second the Harvest Chicken Salad. I also love the Chicken, Avocado, and Grapefruit salad.

leftymac said:
I second the Harvest Chicken Salad. I also love the Chicken, Avocado, and Grapefruit salad.

YUM...I forgot about that one....

How about the Chicken Mojito Salad......

My all-time favorite is the strawberry spinach salad from the casual cooking book.

Rennea,
Don't we have like a 7 layer salad in the trifle bowl or something like that....

Ginger428 said:
Rennea,
Don't we have like a 7 layer salad in the trifle bowl or something like that....

I think so, I don't know what book it's in though. I will have to search my SB's.

1. What are some popular ingredients for summer salads?

Some popular ingredients for summer salads include fresh fruits such as berries and watermelon, crisp vegetables like cucumbers and bell peppers, and protein options like grilled chicken or shrimp.

2. Can you recommend any light and refreshing dressings for summer salads?

Yes, some light and refreshing dressings for summer salads include a citrus vinaigrette, balsamic vinaigrette, or a simple olive oil and lemon juice dressing.

3. What is a good way to add some crunch to a summer salad?

Adding toppings like nuts, seeds, or croutons can add a satisfying crunch to a summer salad. You can also try adding some chopped apples or celery for a crispy texture.

4. Is it better to use leafy greens or grains as the base for a summer salad?

This depends on personal preference, but both options can make delicious summer salads. Leafy greens like spinach and arugula provide a lighter and fresher option, while grains like quinoa or couscous can add heartiness and texture to a salad.

5. How can I make a summer salad more filling and satisfying?

To make a summer salad more filling and satisfying, try adding in protein sources like grilled chicken, chickpeas, or tofu. You can also include healthy fats like avocado or a sprinkle of cheese to add more satiety to the salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcjodih