• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious DCB Side Dish Recipes - Perfect for Grilled Pork Loin!

In summary, the conversation was about using the Deep Covered Baker to make side dishes instead of using the oven. Some suggested dishes were baked beans, risotto, macaroni and cheese, and cheesy potatoes. The recipe for cheesy potatoes was shared, which included frozen hashbrowns, red onion, cream of mushroom soup, butter, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. It was mentioned that the recipe could also be made in the microwave in only 30 minutes. One person also suggested trying the Creamy One Pot Pasta without meat.
ChefJoyJ
DH is grilling a pork loin tomorrow (yumm-o!) and I got to thinking I'd love to use the DCB to make a side. Beats turning on the oven!

What are your favorite side dishes in the DCB? Mind sharing the recipes?

I going to do baked beans in mine this weekend!

I love our risotto recipe, but I use sundried tomato chicken sausage instead of the italian sausage (not an italian sausage fan)

So, I haven't tried this..but it should work in theory. I think :)

Macaroni and Cheese
Use milk and uncooked macaroni add some butter pats and cheese. cover and bake for 14 minutes (that is how long the penne takes to cook in the Penne pasta al fresco, right?) little s & P and we're good! If you try it before I do, let me know how it goes! LOL!

Was just looking for something new to make this weekend...pulled out the Causal Cooking Book, and there's a Hot German Potato Salad. It's to be put in a metal pan and placed on the grill...don't see why you couldn't do it in the microwave.Cindy

chefcharity said:
So, I haven't tried this..but it should work in theory. I think :)

Macaroni and Cheese
Use milk and uncooked macaroni add some butter pats and cheese. cover and bake for 14 minutes (that is how long the penne takes to cook in the Penne pasta al fresco, right?) little s & P and we're good! If you try it before I do, let me know how it goes! LOL!

I was talking microwave here too. Forgot to say that! Oops!

Do the Creamy One Pot Pasta, without the meat.

Somewhere there is a recipe for cheesy potatoes in the DCB in the microwave... Seems like it might have been AnnieBee that posted it in another thread months ago... it was really good, sorry I can't remember the recipe... something with frozen hashbrowns, cream of something soup, cheese, maybe sour cream.... it was really good! and easy!

ChefPaulaB said:
Somewhere there is a recipe for cheesy potatoes in the DCB in the microwave... Seems like it might have been AnnieBee that posted it in another thread months ago... it was really good, sorry I can't remember the recipe... something with frozen hashbrowns, cream of something soup, cheese, maybe sour cream.... it was really good! and easy!
Oh! That was me! Duh! How could I have forgotten?

I just took my cheesy potatoes recipe, and made it in the Micro in the baker, instead of in the oven. It was done in 30 minutes instead of an hour! Mmmmm, I love that recipe!

Okay - found it! Here it is!

This comes from a church cookbook - but I have, of course, altered it to make me happy!

Cheesy Potatoes

2 lbs frozen hashbrowns
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
4 Tbls. butter, melted
8 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 pint sour cream

Combine all ingredients except butter, and spread in 9x13 baking dish (I used the DCB) Drizzle melted butter over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or 30 minutes in the microwave on high) Lid off.

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh! That was me! Duh! How could I have forgotten?

I just took my cheesy potatoes recipe, and made it in the Micro in the baker, instead of in the oven. It was done in 30 minutes instead of an hour! Mmmmm, I love that recipe!

Okay - found it! Here it is!

This comes from a church cookbook - but I have, of course, altered it to make me happy!

Cheesy Potatoes

2 lbs frozen hashbrowns
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
4 Tbls. butter, melted
8 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 pint sour cream

Combine all ingredients except butter, and spread in 9x13 baking dish (I used the DCB) Drizzle melted butter over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or 30 minutes in the microwave on high) Lid off.

Sorry I got the name wrong, I'm glad you found the recipe, I love those too, but couldn't remember where my recipe is! They are awesome! I remembered most of the ingredients pretty well though, just forgot the butter! I believe I skipped the onion (not a fan) or maybe used vidalia instead and I used cream of chicken, because I'm also not a fan of mushrooms, but other than that! AWESOME!!!

ChefPaulaB said:
Sorry I got the name wrong, I'm glad you found the recipe, I love those too, but couldn't remember where my recipe is! They are awesome! I remembered most of the ingredients pretty well though, just forgot the butter! I believe I skipped the onion (not a fan) or maybe used vidalia instead and I used cream of chicken, because I'm also not a fan of mushrooms, but other than that! AWESOME!!!
Sometimes I don't even use the butter. I usually put in extra onion :) but just whatever kind I have, and I use whatever cream soup I happen to have on hand. This is not really health food:rolleyes:, but it tastes oh so good, and men LOVE it!Oh, and I've been known to also throw in some grated carrots too, just for a little added nutrition.

1. What is the "Favorite Side Dish in Dcb" recipe and how do I make it?

The "Favorite Side Dish in Dcb" recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that features roasted vegetables and herbs. To make it, simply preheat your Dcb pan in the oven, toss in your favorite vegetables (such as diced potatoes, carrots, and onions) with some olive oil and herbs, and bake until tender and golden brown.

2. Can I use other types of vegetables in the "Favorite Side Dish in Dcb" recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of vegetables that you like in this recipe. Some great options include bell peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly depending on the vegetables you choose.

3. Can I make the "Favorite Side Dish in Dcb" recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the vegetables and seasonings ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. When you are ready to cook, simply preheat your Dcb pan and add the vegetables for a quick and easy side dish.

4. Is the "Favorite Side Dish in Dcb" recipe suitable for vegetarians or vegans?

Yes, this recipe is vegetarian and can easily be made vegan by using a plant-based oil instead of olive oil and omitting any animal-based seasonings. It's a great option for a plant-based side dish.

5. Can I use the Dcb pan for other side dishes besides the "Favorite Side Dish in Dcb" recipe?

Absolutely! The Dcb pan is versatile and can be used for a variety of side dishes, such as roasted potatoes, brussels sprouts, or even a fruit cobbler. Get creative and experiment with different ingredients and seasonings to find your new favorite side dish in the Dcb pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
emo812
  • Brenda K.
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies