• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Pampered Chef Round Brie Recipe?

In summary, the 5 appetizers show has a recipe for brie with dried cranberries. My favorite has always been the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie.
I'm doing the five appetizers show (document found her in files), and am wondering about the brie recipe with dried cranberries. I love cranberries but the idea of dried doesn't appeal to me with the brie. What is your FAVORITE PC brie recipe? THANKS!!

My favorite has always been the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie. Even those who think they don't like Brie love it.

Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie
SB FW 2007

1/2 cup pecan halves
1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded
1/4 cup apricot preserves

1 4-inch round (8 ounces) Brie cheese with rind, room temperature
1 loaf (16 ounces) French baguette
Vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coarsely chop pecans using Chef's Knife. Chop jalapeño using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine jalapeño and preserves; mix well using Skinny Scraper.

2. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, cut side up, onto center of Large Round Stone. Spread half of the apricot mixture evenly over bottom half of Brie using Small Spreader. Top with half of the pecans and remaining half of Brie, cut side up. Spread remaining apricot mixture over Brie; sprinkle with remaining pecans.

3. Using Bread Knife, cut baguette on a bias into twenty-four 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange baguette slices around Brie; spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown and Brie begins to soften. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve using Bamboo Spreader.

Variations:
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Brie: Substitute 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, patted dry and chopped for the apricot preserves. Substitute 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto for the jalapeño pepper and 1/4 cup pine nuts for the pecans. Proceed as recipe directs.

Brown Sugar Dijon Brie: Substitute 1/2 cup brown sugar for the apricot preserves, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard for the jalapeño pepper and 1/2 cup sliced almonds for the pecans. Reserve 1/4 cup of the almonds. Chop remaining almonds; combine brown sugar, chopped almonds and mustard. Assemble as directed in Step 2; top with reserved almonds. Proceed as recipe directs.

Cook's Tip: Wear plastic gloves when working with jalapeño peppers. The juice from the peppers can create a burning sensation on the skin.
- For a simple garnish, slice a jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise using Petite Paring Knife. Brush cut surface with apricot jam. Place next to Brie before baking.
- This recipe can also be prepared on the Large Bar Pan, if desired.
- Camembert cheese can be substituted for the Brie, if desired.

I like the Brown Sugar Dijon one, as well as the Apple Cranberry.

I'm with Kam. I love the Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie. I'm leary of recipes with jalpenos and often use less than is suggested because I find them very spicy. But they are so good in this. It's hot and sweet and cheesy and gooey and I love it.

I made it in the Cocotte for a recent open house and it worked beautifully!

Shari in TX

Shari in TX said:
I'm with Kam. I love the Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie. I'm leary of recipes with jalpenos and often use less than is suggested because I find them very spicy. But they are so good in this. It's hot and sweet and cheesy and gooey and I love it.

I made it in the Cocotte for a recent open house and it worked beautifully!

Shari in TX

This recipe came out the season I joined...and I was leary of the jalepenos too! I had never used jalepenos OR tried brie prior to this recipe! (Now I love brie!)

Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie with New Canaan Farm's Rio Raspberry Jalapeno jelly (shopncf.com). Also available at navidadfarms.com.

The one in the 5 app. in 15 min is really good,dried cranberries and all

What ingredients do I need for the Favorite Pampered Chef Round Brie Recipe?

The ingredients you will need for this recipe include:

• 1 round of brie cheese
  • 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
  • 2 tablespoons of honey
  • 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
  • Crackers or sliced baguette for serving

How do I prepare the brie cheese for this recipe?

To prepare the brie cheese, you will need to remove it from its packaging and place it in a small baking dish or on a baking sheet. If the brie comes in a wooden box, you can place the cheese back in the box for baking. Use a sharp knife to score the top of the cheese in a criss-cross pattern.

Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese for this recipe. However, brie cheese is recommended for its creamy texture and mild flavor that pairs well with the other ingredients. If you choose to use a different cheese, make sure it is also a soft cheese that will melt well in the oven.

How long does it take to bake the brie cheese?

The brie cheese should be baked for about 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The cheese should be soft and slightly melted when it is ready to be taken out of the oven.

What can I serve with the Favorite Pampered Chef Round Brie Recipe?

This recipe is best served with crackers or sliced baguette. You can also serve it with sliced apples, pears, or grapes for a sweet and savory combination. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a delicious appetizer or snack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pamperedval
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies