• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Pampered Chef Appetizer for the Holidays?

In summary, Becky is bringing her favorite appetizer from her old cookbook, the Chili Lime Meatballs. She thought about other options, Touchdown Taco Dip and Steamed Wontons. She is also bringing a Homemade Parmesan Chips as an appetizer.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I was going to bring Greek Cheese Torta along with Pineapple Salsa for dinner on Saturday but the appetizers my MIL is preparing are all cream cheese based so I wanted to try something different. Figured I would see what everyone else would make. It needs to be something that is no-bake or that I can bake ahead of time and bring with me. Not sure how much room in the oven I will have when I get there.

My old favorite standby from All The Best - the Mini Ham Puffs. (I think it's the first recipe in the book) LOVE those!

I also like the Chili Lime Meatballs, Mini Pesto Pizzas, and Steamed Wontons. (LOVE these w/ Ginger Wasabi Sauce!)

ChefBeckyD said:
My old favorite standby from All The Best - the Mini Ham Puffs. (I think it's the first recipe in the book) LOVE those!

I also like the Chili Lime Meatballs, Mini Pesto Pizzas, and Steamed Wontons. (LOVE these w/ Ginger Wasabi Sauce!)

I thought about the Chili Lime Meatballs. Heard they were good. Can you make them in the DCB instead?

Maybe do one of the brie rounds - isn't there one with cranberries? I love these and they look so elegant.

Touchdown Taco Dip!

wadesgirl said:
I thought about the Chili Lime Meatballs. Heard they were good. Can you make them in the DCB instead?

They are SO good! Make them in the DCB or a Crockpot.

wadesgirl said:

What cookbook are they in? I have to make an appetizer for a holiday party coming up and wanted to bring something other than a dip or spread type thing.

babywings76 said:
What cookbook are they in? I have to make an appetizer for a holiday party coming up and wanted to bring something other than a dip or spread type thing.

It's in the easy appetizer cookbook. Or you can do a recipe search on CC and find it there because it's in one of the use & care guide.

babywings76 said:

wadesgirl said:
It's in the easy appetizer cookbook. Or you can do a recipe search on CC and find it there because it's in one of the use & care guide.

It's also under Theme Recipes for the Appetizer Theme from last Winter.

Cool Veggie Pizza - ALWAYS. LOL it's been a family favorite for at least 10 years! And this year I'm also taking S'Mores Cups and the brie with the apples and cranberries for the appetizer buffet!

ChefBeckyD said:
They are SO good! Make them in the DCB or a Crockpot.

Do you still fry them in the skillet first? And then put them in the DCB with the glaze, and bake in the oven?

cheflorraine said:
Do you still fry them in the skillet first? And then put them in the DCB with the glaze, and bake in the oven?

I do cook them first, although often I will bake them on the bar pan in the oven. 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Then, transfer them to the DCB or Crockpot.

Thanks Becky! I think I'm going to take these to a Christmas carol-singing evening next week...

One of my favorites is the Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke dip. You can put it all together except for the topping the day before and then cook it right before you have to eat it. Homemade Parmesan chips to go without makes for an outstanding appetizer!!

Made a double batch of the meatballs today. I baked them in the pan first and put them in the DCB to hold until we left. They were the hit of the party!! It was mostly immediate family but my SIL had a couple friend's that showed up. Everyone kept saying "you have to try the meatballs." All but 10 were gone. I was going to give them to our other BIL but SIL said that she was keeping them for herself. She never likes left overs so that was a big compliment!! And I have to send the recipe onto everyone that was there.Plus they were super simple to make! I made them a head of time in the morning and cooked them up an hour before we had to leave. I don't remember if the recipe said to cook them with the lid on but they seemed to cook up better (all the way through) with the lid on versus it not on.

Chili-Lime Meatballs
Ingredients:Glaze
1/2 cup (125 mL) teriyaki baste and glaze
2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
2 tsp (10 mL) Thai red curry paste
2 garlic cloves, pressed
Meatballs
1 lb (450 g) 85% lean ground beef
1/4 cup (50 mL) plain dried bread crumbs
1 egg
2 tbsp (30 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
2 tsp (10 mL) Thai red curry paste
2 green onions, sliced
Lime wedges (optional)

Directions:
Whisk together baste and glaze, lime juice, curry paste and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Small Batter Bowl.
Combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, seasoning mix and curry paste in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Using level Small Scoop, form beef mixture into 40 meatballs. Place meatballs in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet; cook over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning frequently. Remove Skillet from heat.
Pour glaze into Skillet; stir meatballs to coat. Place meatballs onto serving platter and top with green onions. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Yield: 20 servings

Nutrients per serving: (2 meatballs and about 2 tsp/10 mL sauce): Calories 70, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tips: Using the Small Scoop ensures that the meatballs will be uniform in size and will finish cooking at the same time.

To substitute the Asian Seasoning Mix, add 2 tsp (10 mL) grated fresh gingerroot, 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt, 1 pressed garlic clove and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cayenne pepper.

Meatballs can be cooked and frozen 3 days in advance. To reheat, place frozen meatballs in Skillet with 1/4 cup (50 mL) water. Cover; heat 7-8 minutes or until hot. Remove from heat; stir in glaze.

What is the most popular Pampered Chef appetizer for the holidays?

The most popular Pampered Chef appetizer for the holidays is the Spinach & Artichoke Dip. It is a creamy and flavorful dip that is perfect for holiday parties and gatherings.

Can the Spinach & Artichoke Dip be made in advance?

Yes, the Spinach & Artichoke Dip can be made in advance and refrigerated until ready to serve. You can also reheat it in the microwave or oven before serving.

Can the Spinach & Artichoke Dip be made in the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, the Spinach & Artichoke Dip can be made in the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker. It is the perfect size and shape for making and serving the dip.

What are some suggested serving options for the Spinach & Artichoke Dip?

The Spinach & Artichoke Dip can be served with pita chips, crackers, or bread for dipping. It can also be used as a topping for baked potatoes or as a filling for stuffed mushrooms.

Is the Spinach & Artichoke Dip gluten-free?

Yes, the Spinach & Artichoke Dip is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions. However, it is always important to check the ingredients and allergen information before consuming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • leftymac