1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Favorite nut free recipe?

1. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Not necessarily for a demo, just your favorite nut free recipe. I've been assigned dessert duty for Easter this Saturday for 14 and my one b-i-l has a nut allergy. Not just peanuts but any and all nuts as far as I understand.

Help!

Apr 5, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Trifles are so easy to modify and you can easily make them "nut free".

Apr 5, 2009
  3. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

I just got a second place showing at a dessert tasting for this coconut macaroon recipe, which is also gluten free :)

Coconut Macaroons
    2 large egg whites
    Pinch of salt
    1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
    2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
    2 bags shredded sweetened coconut (14-ounces each)

Directions
    Heat oven to 300 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites and salt until frothy, about 2 minutes. Stir in condensed milk and vanilla. Using a rubber spatula, fold in coconut until well combined.
    Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats. Using a teaspoon and your fingers, form macaroons into 1 1/4-inch mounds about 1 inch apart.
    Bake until macaroons are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to a cooling rack; let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.

Apr 5, 2009
  4. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I would do the Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle. That is in the newest SBRC.

5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Is he allergic to coconut too? Sometimes people are when they are allergic to all nuts.

If not - the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake is AMAZING! It will feed a good number of people (16-20) and it's so so good!

or what about the Strawberry Cream Trifle? That's a good Springy dessert too.

Apr 6, 2009
  6. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Thanks all! And thanks Becky I didn't even think to ask, but thanks to you I asked tonight and yes, he's allergic to coconut too!

So maybe a trifle. I really liked the chocolate banana trifle but his wife's allergic to chocolate (new wife I had NO idea until I called tonight!) UGHHHH!!

So no coconut, nuts, or chocolate. My goodness, is there ANYTHING left? I think I'll look up the Strawberry Cream Trifle. Does anyone know if it's in the trifle file or a past s/b? I thought I saw it mentioned before it was in a previous s/b. Oh well, I'm too tired tonight so I'll look tomorrow.

Keep posting if anyone comes up with another idea. Thanks so much! :)

Apr 6, 2009
  7. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Maybe the Tropical Torte with fresh pineapple would be a good choice. No nuts, no chocolate.

8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Wait - your BIL has a new wife and you had no idea?

LOL - you could be a part of my family!:rolleyes:

Apr 7, 2009
  9. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

My dad has a nut allergy too- I've never heard of anyone else with a nut allergy! (Peanuts are a legume, that's why they don't react to them)

Have something to add?