• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Products on the Market: What's Exciting You?

In summary, the new product that the expert is most excited about is the Covered Roaster. They are also excited about the new Season's Best cookware, the green knives, and the tangerine color. They are undecided about the roaster, but they are definitely considering buying it as a sample. They are undecided about the cutting board, but they are excited about the 11" ceramic skillet. They are undecided about the beverage bag, but they are excited about the new rubs.
DebPC
Staff member
Just from what you know- what new product are you most excited about and why? Any runaway best sellers???

I'm not sure yet. I need to get them in my hands and see what I think. Right off, I'm thinking of how many people have asked for a kitchen scale, so that's nice. The cookware, covered roaster, and the cocotte thing are intriguing me, but I need to see if they are must-haves. I need to see the tangerine items and the colored bamboo fiber bowls in person to see if I really want them.

This is sad, but so far, the Season's Best. :D Sad, I know.

Aw, that's not sad! Season after season, I love looking at that little cookbook! And trying the new recipes. Test kitchens always do a great job!
The only other thing I'm interested in is that cute little orange-lined cocotte pot. Not that I need another pot.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the Covered Roaster! And like Bobbi, I'm in love with the new Season's Best. I made the Sweet 'n Salty Caramel Mousse Cups for my Team Training tonight but haven't tasted yet, so we will see! But I will be trying several recipes this week, so I may start a thread on my opinions.

I'm in love with the new Seasons Best too! I'm excited about the two new green knives and that cutting board. I love the tangerine color too. I wasn't crazy about it when I saw pictures, but when I opened my tote bag at conference, I fell in love with the color. I'm not sure about the roaster yet. I will probably buy it as a sample, but I'm hoping it's not going to just be a one-hit wonder. What else would ya'll use it for?

I am very excited about the 11" ceramic skillet and think it will be a big seller. However, I took mini-catalogs to the gym this morning and the cutting board got the biggest oooh, aaahs. And the beverage bag!

See, I don't quite "get" the cutting board. Won't those grooves be annoying to draw your knife through?

I havent seen the stuff yet, except via skype looking at a catalog :p. I will get my catalog tomorrow, and have our meeting on Saturday.

But when my SIL showed me the glass brush in the orange, she held it up, with the brish side up....so it looked like Beaker from the Muppets. :D. I said if we had eyes, they would be cousins or something (my dh has a beaker doll on his desk....dont ask.)

pchockeymom said:
I am very excited about the 11" ceramic skillet and think it will be a big seller. However, I took mini-catalogs to the gym this morning and the cutting board got the biggest oooh, aaahs. And the beverage bag!

The beverage bag? Really? Hmm. I was not impressed.

I am debating what to buy on the sample list since my July fell apart and I didn't earn any of the levels (so sad). I think I am definitely getting the 11 in covered skillet. I don't know if I am sold on the roaster. I like the glass lid, two in one thing but not sure if I would really use it more then my dcb and the large pc turkey roaster pan thing I already have. I am looking at getting sample b and c and maybe the cutting board. For once, I am actually looking forward to trying some of the new rubs.

Brenda.the.chef said:
I'm in love with the new Seasons Best too! I'm excited about the two new green knives and that cutting board. I love the tangerine color too. I wasn't crazy about it when I saw pictures, but when I opened my tote bag at conference, I fell in love with the color. I'm not sure about the roaster yet. I will probably buy it as a sample, but I'm hoping it's not going to just be a one-hit wonder. What else would ya'll use it for?

We eat a lot of Pot Roast in our family. But I foresee Pork Loins, Whole Chickens, Turkey Breasts, etc. Plus, I'm excited that the lid can double as a deep casserole dish. We make Lasagna a lot too. But I can see all sorts of thinks being made in it. Twice Baked Mashed potatoes anyone??

I am VERY excited about the roaster. It's a bit smaller and a LOT lighter than I expected it to be, I was thinking it would be heavy like cast iron but it's cast aluminum. Unlike the Deep Covered Baker you can use this on the stove top and finish off in the oven. At Launch they described it as a Dutch oven equivalent. Between this and the DCB, I feel like we really meet the needs of the market. It would be nice if it had a little rack for roasting certain things, that's another thing you can't do in the DCB.

What does everyone think about those drink savers? Those things that fit over soda cans? I'm at a loss for words on those....aside from not excited at all about them.

I don't get the beverages to go bag AT ALL.... I do like the drink savers but I'd have to try them out to really get an opinion. I foresee it being something good for kids like my nieces and nephew who RARELY finish a can of soda.

Brenda.the.chef said:
What does everyone think about those drink savers? Those things that fit over soda cans? I'm at a loss for words on those....aside from not excited at all about them.

Yeah, not too excited about those. It looks like they're a bunch of cut off bottle tops. I doubt they'll last long. The only place I could see them being handy is camping or somewhere where there is a lot of dirt and/or bugs to get into your drink. If people do purchase them please encourage them to wash their cans thoroughly before use, you cannot believe the amount of grime and who knows what that can be on top of a soda can.

I like the bevs bag. I think it will be a hit as we get closer to the holidays. Am looking forward to seeing if HO comes up with some great tips on how to decorate them up for hosts.

Brenda.the.chef said:

Not seeing these as a run away seller but my first concern is...can you still break the seal and recycle the can? The machines need to read the bar code.

LOVE the new Season's best! Will probably have more favs once I get them in my hands!

baychef said:
I like the bevs bag. I think it will be a hit as we get closer to the holidays. Am looking forward to seeing if HO comes up with some great tips on how to decorate them up for hosts.

Not seeing these as a run away seller but my first concern is...can you still break the seal and recycle the can? The machines need to read the bar code.

LOVE the new Season's best! Will probably have more favs once I get them in my hands!

I was thinking the same thing. My husband hates it when my family visits because they crush soda cans and then the machines can't always read them right.

I'm excited about the roaster, because you can use it on the stovetop!! Also, I LOVE the new Season's Best....sooo many pretty pictures in it now!! lol

I'm also looking forward to seeing what recipes are in the Cookbook for a Cause.

NOT impressed with the cork trivet, though, at ALL!! It seems really cheap and flimsy to me!

baychef said:

That was my first thought. When I saw the can being squished to get the top off, I said "there goes the deposit."

I am so excited about the new Cookbook for a Cause!!! I loved the last one and it was a great seller for me. I can't wait to see what is in it this time!
I am also excited about the wine bottle opener. I hated, and I mean hated the one that is going out. I have a cheap-o opener from Walmart that is so much better.
The Roaster to use on the stove top and as a two for one dish is awesome!!!

I've been wanting to get a kitchen scale, so that is perfect timing!

The ROASTER! I love it and can't wait to get it! The scale runs a close second to the roaster though. My girls and I have been searching for a kitchen scale reccently and PC's timing couldn't have been better!

I ordered the scale, pretty excited about it.

The beverage bag & the can toppers look like items in the dollar spot at Target, to me. I could swear I've seen them there before:eek:

Also had the same thought about the grooved gutting board - it doesn't look like the grooves are there to help you get even slices. The photo in the catalog had the meat sitting on it the wrong way for that. So the knife would be cutting on an eneven surface? Hmmm. I don't get it, either. Maybe I should look on that DVD and see if they show it in action!

Actually I'm psyched to get the 10" ceramic saute pan. It's got a nicer handle than this Martha Stewart one, so worth the extra $$
Martha Stewart Collection Ceramic Fry Pan, 10" - Cookware - Kitchen - Macy's

I tried to use the cutting board last night to slice some bread. I couldn't get it to slice into the groves. Not thrilled yet with that. I love the scale. Looking forward to trying out the sauté pan and the roaster will be a great addition. Sometimes the larger roaster is overkill. I can use this pan for meals that are perfect for fewer people.

I was so glad to go to Fall Launch (in Balt., MD - right near home! Yay!). I love seeing the new products.
I liked the Bev Bag; it will be nice as a gift with a bottle of wine, but I also like it for home - I can quickly cool a bottle of wine.
HATE the Pastry Blender; I got rid of my previous one that looked like that; I love the current one with the slim blenders & long handle.
I also liked the Cork Trivet even though it's not as 'rich' looking, but it can be used with the stoneware and won't get scratched. That's a plus for me; it was one of the things I didn't like about the cast iron trivets.
Really - Bamboo bowls in those colors?!?! Our whole group looked at each other and said "Looks like my mom's kitchen in the early '70's!" Not lovin' the tangerine either.
I did like the Roaster, it will be a great companion for my DCB (which I use ALL the time, mostly in the microwave). I love that it can go on the stove top & in the oven; the lid as another item is a bonus!
I also really liked the food scale - easy to clean & great for people watching their food intake. I've wondered why PC didn't have one, so am glad to see it.
And, also, at least we were told about the price increases and S&H increase. I think they received a lot of negative feedback the way it was done last time.

LOVE this site and recommend it all the time to consultants!! Thanks for being so helpful!

Last edited:
I think the scale will be a best seller with bakers who need to weigh flour and sugar, and with those on a calorie budget that need to weigh their food. I have one like it and I love it. I was disappointed that the video didn't have many selling tips.

I wasn't crazy about the Bev Bag...until I watched the video and saw that she used it with a 2-liter bottle of soda too. THAT makes it more interesting, since it's not like I carry wine bottles to places, but a 2-liter would be more in line with someone like me. ;)

I love the white cookware and that it appeals to a whole new market we weren't able to reach previously. I wish there was a longer guarantee, though. I think people will assume the quality is not as good because it's not guaranteed for life.I want the kitchen scale (I tried to use the old broken one in my house last week to divide a large container of meat I was freezing) and the roasting pan for my kitchen, but don't see myself using either for shows, unless they provide us with some quick recipes. I hope they do. I think the roasting pan will appeal to all those stoneware customers who have been clamoring for us to bring back the baker with a lid that doubled as a second baker.I think the orange and white will be a big seller in my local area, where the school colors are orange and white.Head scratchers:
Bamboo bowls ... hate the color, and I never really did get the concept in the first place.
The beverage bags look like something you'd get in a dollar store. Very disposable.
The can covers ... don't quite get those, nor do I understand what they'd have to do with recycling.I like the green knives and the new rubs.In all, I could do some serious damage to my budget ....

Intrepid_Chef said:
I love the white cookware and that it appeals to a whole new market we weren't able to reach previously. I wish there was a longer guarantee, though. I think people will assume the quality is not as good because it's not guaranteed for life.

I want the kitchen scale (I tried to use the old broken one in my house last week to divide a large container of meat I was freezing) and the roasting pan for my kitchen, but don't see myself using either for shows, unless they provide us with some quick recipes. I hope they do. I think the roasting pan will appeal to all those stoneware customers who have been clamoring for us to bring back the baker with a lid that doubled as a second baker.

I think the orange and white will be a big seller in my local area, where the school colors are orange and white.

Head scratchers:
Bamboo bowls ... hate the color, and I never really did get the concept in the first place.
The beverage bags look like something you'd get in a dollar store. Very disposable.
The can covers ... don't quite get those, nor do I understand what they'd have to do with recycling.

I like the green knives and the new rubs.

In all, I could do some serious damage to my budget ....

I know! :D I thought the same thing. I was so confused when people were talking about that. But then I saw the DVD and I think I get it now. They show that to take those things off, you have to squeeze the can. I guess when you crush a can it makes it hard for recycling centers to scan the barcode that is on them in order to get you the deposit?

I have yet to sell a Bamboo Fiber mixing bowl. I do talk about them as I go over the 3 different types of bowls we offer. I don't quite understand them, either. Most people want our batter bowls or the SS ones.

I want the kitchen scale and I want the roaster. I'm just not sure if I can justify getting the roaster, though. I don't see myself using it at a show, and I don't like to bake in glassware...which is why I converted to stoneware! The pan seems neat, but I'm not a big braising meat type of person. So my guess is that it's not really a necessary piece for me to own. Unless PC or others come up with recipes or something that will work well for that pan, and wouldn't be good for the DCB. My DCB is my baby and workhorse. I own 3. So I don't really have room for something that won't be used much.

Must be a state thing. In my state there's no need for any barcode to be scanned. They just weigh them and give you money. But I just looked at the can on my desk (for a limited time only ... soon it's only water in a sippy cup when we move) and the barcode is in the bottom.I have a dutch oven and that's what I'd use it for. But I've NEVER made a roast in the oven that turned out good. I put mine in the crock pot. My family members explained how they did it and everyone I told it to cringed. (They actually tell you to dry it out and then add water.) Unless they give us some quick oven recipes for it, I can't see taking it to shows, especially with the "carry less sell more" philosophy. I think customers need to see it but not sure if we'd use it.

Now that I have my roaster, I'm even more excited. It is as wide as the DCB, but it's about 3" LONGER. It's not as deep as the DCB, but when I make roasts in my DCB, I run out of room. This will give me the room around my roasts for my veggies (usually carrots, spuds, and 'shrooms) With the DCB I don't bother searing the roast, now I can do that. It's really nice.

I haven't tried my cutting board yet, but I think I will like it when cutting up a very juicy pineapple.

I am thrilled with my kitchen scale. My current one is over 10 years old and the buttons are starting to die. It's hard to see the weights if I put a plate on it and it only goes to 5 pounds which is fine for a single plate (It's a Weight Watchers scale, so this is the main purpose) The new PC scale is GREAT. The platform sits higher than my WW scale so I can see under a plate if I have one on the platform. My decison to buy it was based on the fact that the platform is removable and dishwasher safe, something my old scale didn't have. Bonus today was my husband asked how high does it go? I was expecting something similar to my old one. Nope, 11 POUNDS!!! This means I can weigh some of my heavier baking dishes before anything goes in them and weigh them after they are full to better control portions...

I decided to go ahead and get the cocotte. It is really cute. I see it being used to nuke a lot of leftovers, especially soup. It's a covered soup bowl with handles (handy when pulling hot soups out of the microwave) I think we will use it more than I initially thought.

Still waiting on my SAT saute pan and trivet...

babywings76 said:
I know! :D I thought the same thing. I was so confused when people were talking about that. But then I saw the DVD and I think I get it now. They show that to take those things off, you have to squeeze the can. I guess when you crush a can it makes it hard for recycling centers to scan the barcode that is on them in order to get you the deposit?

In Iowa, most of the deposit redemption centers have gone over to automated machines, instead of a person counting up your bottles/cans & then sorting them into bins to go on to recycling. With the automated machines, the can/bottle is pulled in, then spun around to have the barcode scanned (it's usually on the side of the can or bottle). Dented or crushed cans can't be read, and get kicked out (generally the same thing if it's a product not sold at the store where you are returning the cans). If you are lucky, there is an attendant who can get you credit for cans the machine rejects. If not, you are out of luck.

lt1jane said:
This means I can weigh some of my heavier baking dishes before anything goes in them and weigh them after they are full to better control portions...

Jane, thanks for the updates on the products you've received.

I believe that our new scale (mine hasn't arrived yet) is like the one I have. You should be able to put your plate/bowl on it and zero out the weight -- then the scale is only weighing what is on your plate. Limits the amount of math you have to do. :)

This is my first post so hooray for me!!!:D I was at my first ever Fall Launch in Baltimore, MD. and I was dumb founded by most of the new products. The only thing I really got excited about was the new wine opener! That is if it works as well as the video showed it I will be in love :love:!!! I love wine and even volunteer at local winerys to get paid in wine! hehhehe
I also thought the kitchen scale was brillant and a no brainer, its about time PC!!
The Bamboo Bowls I won in the raffle.....Yes they are as ugly as my grandmas 1970's bowls and they are pointless! I keep trying to use them in my kitchen since they were free but I am left disapointed everytime!! And we charge almost $40 for these?! and they cant even go in the microwave!!! Just stupid really....

chefjeanine said:
Jane, thanks for the updates on the products you've received.

I believe that our new scale (mine hasn't arrived yet) is like the one I have. You should be able to put your plate/bowl on it and zero out the weight -- then the scale is only weighing what is on your plate. Limits the amount of math you have to do. :)

That is correct. The issue with my old scale was the five pound limit. It's easy to go over 5 pounds. Now I can put a heavy dish on the scale, tare it out (scale talk for zero it out), and weigh the food.

Wow! That seems mighty tedious. I mean really ... I take my cans in once a year. Sometimes it takes 2 trips in my car. Bags and bags and boxes and trash cans full! And most people bring a TRUCK.

So glad we DON'T have a deposit system in my state.

SpiritdancerIA said:
In Iowa, most of the deposit redemption centers have gone over to automated machines, instead of a person counting up your bottles/cans & then sorting them into bins to go on to recycling. With the automated machines, the can/bottle is pulled in, then spun around to have the barcode scanned (it's usually on the side of the can or bottle). Dented or crushed cans can't be read, and get kicked out (generally the same thing if it's a product not sold at the store where you are returning the cans). If you are lucky, there is an attendant who can get you credit for cans the machine rejects. If not, you are out of luck.

Lisa's Kitchen said:
This is my first post so hooray for me!!!:D I was at my first ever Fall Launch in Baltimore, MD. and I was dumb founded by most of the new products. The only thing I really got excited about was the new wine opener! That is if it works as well as the video showed it I will be in love :love:!!! I love wine and even volunteer at local winerys to get paid in wine! hehhehe
I also thought the kitchen scale was brillant and a no brainer, its about time PC!!
The Bamboo Bowls I won in the raffle.....Yes they are as ugly as my grandmas 1970's bowls and they are pointless! I keep trying to use them in my kitchen since they were free but I am left disapointed everytime!! And we charge almost $40 for these?! and they cant even go in the microwave!!! Just stupid really....
Congrats on your first post, and welcome to CS!I received the items I ordered yesterday--I love the new Coquette (?). It is a nice size and should clean easily---very cute. I made some dip with the Smoked Red Pepper, nice little kick, and you can definitely taste/smell the smokiness (how do they do that, anyway?). I love the tangerine scraper (much better than the pink one from HWC this spring). I think the new cutting board isn't what I was expecting--I always show the LGCB as my favorite at shows and hoped I'd be able to sell this one now, we'll see after I use it a few times. I REALLY LOVE the Shimmering Glass Platter. I can see using this A LOT to put items on at shows that I make. I hope to sell lots!!

Last edited:
:thumbup: on the new cookware from DH. We are only using it right now to give it a good test. He made breakfast this morning. His review: likes it better than the Executive line. The 11" skillet's higher sides made for less splatter when cooking the bacon. Watch out! It cooks faster than the executive - that's good one you know this but today the bacon got almost too crispy very quickly. The eggs just slid out of the pan. You could see the grease just bubbled in the pan - nothing stuck. Clean up was just with a quick wipe of a sponge, no scrubbing. He did say though that new pans always stick less so we'll see how it is after a while.

...now if I can just get him to remember to start the cutting of the home fries with the French fry cutter on the cutting board. He again did it right on the base of the cutter and bent a blade. It bent back into place and is on an edge so it will be fine but seriously men! Follow directions. lol

jcsmilez said:
Yeah, not too excited about those. It looks like they're a bunch of cut off bottle tops. I doubt they'll last long. The only place I could see them being handy is camping or somewhere where there is a lot of dirt and/or bugs to get into your drink. If people do purchase them please encourage them to wash their cans thoroughly before use, you cannot believe the amount of grime and who knows what that can be on top of a soda can.

We belong to a time share campground in Michigan and we were out camping last week and my wife and I were at the swimming pool and we were using the drink savers and I had a couple of people strike up a conversation about how cool they were. I was able to market our Pampered Chef business by using the drink savers, so if anything else they were awesome at marketing to help break the ice.

Nanisu said:
I think the scale will be a best seller with bakers who need to weigh flour and sugar, and with those on a calorie budget that need to weigh their food. I have one like it and I love it. I was disappointed that the video didn't have many selling tips.

I liked how the Use & Care referenced using it a postage scale!! I will definitely be mentioning that feature :D

cochef said:
I liked how the Use & Care referenced using it a postage scale!! I will definitely be mentioning that feature :D

Excellent idea!!!!

esavvymom said:
I wasn't crazy about the Bev Bag...until I watched the video and saw that she used it with a 2-liter bottle of soda too. THAT makes it more interesting, since it's not like I carry wine bottles to places, but a 2-liter would be more in line with someone like me. ;)

I took one to work today and when my boss saw it she loved the bag. She was thinking it was just a gift bag I had gotten somewhere. She asked where I got it and I told her it was part of the new line of products PC has this season. She asked "why is Pampered Chef selling gift bags?" When I told her what it was, she loved it even more! I think they'll be a great seller once people know how to cross market them.

cochef said:

Shoot....I have been doing that with my kitchen scales for years!

esavvymom said:
Shoot....I have been doing that with my kitchen scales for years!

I have actually done just the opposite - used my postage scale in the kitchen :D

brewejen said:
I took one to work today and when my boss saw it she loved the bag. She was thinking it was just a gift bag I had gotten somewhere. She asked where I got it and I told her it was part of the new line of products PC has this season. She asked "why is Pampered Chef selling gift bags?" When I told her what it was, she loved it even more! I think they'll be a great seller once people know how to cross market them.

I have been carrying the tangerine things that August hosts get to my shows in that bag and have been getting a lot of interest in the bag, especially when I tell them about the other uses it has. If they don't balk at the price point I think it will be a good seller.

BethCooks4U said:
I have been carrying the tangerine things that August hosts get to my shows in that bag and have been getting a lot of interest in the bag, especially when I tell them about the other uses it has. If they don't balk at the price point I think it will be a good seller.

I think if we sell it as "It's only $8.50! And it can be used over and over again." Plus add on some examples of what it can be used for. I work at a party supply store and people pay $2 for a cheap decorated wax covered paper gift bag that I wouldn't trust using with a nice bottle of wine. If only I could sell these at work!

brewejen said:
I think if we sell it as "It's only $8.50! And it can be used over and over again." Plus add on some examples of what it can be used for. I work at a party supply store and people pay $2 for a cheap decorated wax covered paper gift bag that I wouldn't trust using with a nice bottle of wine. If only I could sell these at work!

Not only is it a great gift bag, but it's a gift that they can keep using! So they can make it part of their gift of the wine, something the person can reuse (hopefully for themselves).

Saw this today at BJs bet it will be a new product come next spring....what do you think?

pmprdprettyinsnj-albums-new-product-ideas-picture1863-saw-watermelon-slicer-today-bjs-bet-will-available-through-pc-next-spring.jpg

pmprdprettyinsnj said:
Saw this today at BJs bet it will be a new product come next spring....what do you think?

I hope not. Watermelon can be so many different sizes. In fact while there are things I love about our pineapple cutter and have sold a lot of them and will still demo it I have found that lately I have gone back to using my 7" Santuko to cut pineapples in my home. Just as fast that way. I just don't think we need more of that kind of gadgets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilchrist_pchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Brenda.the.chef