• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Best Kitchen Tips for Dessert Lovers | Share Your Favorites!

In summary, some top tips for organizing a cluttered kitchen include using drawer dividers or organizers, utilizing vertical storage solutions, and regularly decluttering and donating items. To prevent a cutting board from sliding, place a damp paper towel or kitchen towel underneath it. To sharpen dull knives, use a knife sharpener or honing steel. For cleaning stainless steel appliances, mix white vinegar and water or use a paste of baking soda and water. To keep fruits and vegetables fresh, line the produce drawer with paper towels and store certain produce in the fridge.
Pampered Zoe
I know how much I enjoy hearing fun kitchen tips at shows, and I'd like to share some at my shows. I know about cutting peppers, and garlic being absorbed into your skin (love garlic, but that creeps me out!), but I'd love to hear some new ones-- especially dessert focused tips!

What tips have received the most enthusiastic response? What are your favorites?

Oops!Just saw the other thread... Nevermind! ;)

What is it called? I would like to see it too. I did a search but I didn't see anything. Thanks!

Hi there! I completely agree, kitchen tips are always a hit at our shows. I have found that the most enthusiastic response usually comes from dessert tips, as who doesn't love a good dessert hack? My personal favorite is using a melon baller to scoop out perfectly round balls of cookie dough for baking. It not only saves time, but also makes for a more aesthetically pleasing cookie. Another tip that has received a lot of love is using a toothpick to test the doneness of a cake or brownies. Simply insert the toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean, your dessert is ready to be taken out of the oven. Do you have any favorite dessert tips to share? I'm always looking for new ones to add to my repertoire. Happy cooking!

1. What are your top tips for organizing a cluttered kitchen?

One of my favorite kitchen tips is to use drawer dividers or organizers to keep utensils and small items neatly separated. Another tip is to use vertical storage solutions, such as hanging racks or shelves, to maximize space. Lastly, regularly declutter and donate items you no longer use to keep your kitchen organized.

2. How can I prevent my cutting board from sliding around while I'm using it?

To prevent your cutting board from sliding, place a damp paper towel or kitchen towel underneath it. This will create a non-slip surface and keep your cutting board in place as you chop and prepare ingredients.

3. What is the best way to sharpen dull knives?

I recommend investing in a good quality knife sharpener or taking your knives to a professional to be sharpened. You can also use a honing steel to maintain the sharpness of your knives in between sharpenings.

4. What is the best way to clean stainless steel appliances?

To clean stainless steel appliances, mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray onto the surface and wipe with a microfiber cloth in the direction of the grain. For tough stains, make a paste with baking soda and water and scrub with a soft cloth.

5. How can I keep my fruits and vegetables fresh for longer?

One of my favorite kitchen tips is to line your produce drawer with paper towels to absorb excess moisture and prolong the life of your fruits and vegetables. You can also store certain produce in the fridge, such as apples and oranges, to keep them fresh for longer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • aksusan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
aksusan
  • DebPC