1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Favorite Games

Tags:
  1. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

What are some of your favorite (and least complicated) games to do at kitchen shows? I have my first and want some way to lighten things up and ensure the ladies have FUN at my party!

Thanks!!!
    Susan :)

Aug 21, 2005
  2. D_Patel

D_Patel Member

i usually use the

left right game, it is fun and easy and people really seem to like it ! I found it on this website . :) Thank you to who ever posted it !

Aug 21, 2005
  3. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

For my Hawaiian Luau and Jimmy Buffett shows, I always play the "Island Game". It's a game where guests have to close their eyes to draw a picture, and then get points for the placement of their items.

For my kickoff game, I do the "Let's Make a Deal" game. I have 4 envelopes with $1, $2, $3, $5 slips (one in each envelope). I let the host pick the first envelope. Then, I tell the guests that in my household, the worst 4 letter word you can say is "cook", so everytime you hear me uttering that nasty four letter word, pass the envelope to the right. I always joke "now, be watchful of your neighbor...there's always one in the crowd the hides the envelope and won't pass it along" :) I don't even notice when it gets passed until someone "catches" someone holding on to it :). At the end of the demo, I tell the person that has the envelope to "make a deal". Then, I follow the Let's Make a Deal rules...

I also like the Purse Game, and I always do my "Let's Be Nosy" recruiting time (not really a game as much as question time with tickets to win a prize).

The TicTacToe game is fun too. I ask each person to make a tic tac toe board on the back of their prize drawing slip. Then I tell the guests to write in their 9 most wanted products from the catalog. I tell the guests to circle the top 2 most expensive items on the board. I tell them that at their show, they can get these two items for 50% off. I then tell them that the remaining items they can earn for free (up to $90), then 25% off the rest and anything else as an average host at their show. Finally, I tell the host to list off her top 9 items that she'd like to earn for free or half price. Each guest then plays tic-tac-toe with those items, and the first one to get a row wins a prize! It's a great way to show off the host benefits, as well as get each guests wish list too!!!

Those are just a few...I change them up a bit here and there. I found these all in the attached file that was posted here on the website.

Have fun!

Attached Files:

Aug 22, 2005
  4. its_me_susan

Where was it posted? Can you explain it to me please? :)

Aug 23, 2005
  5. its_me_susan

The TicTacToe game is fun too. I ask each person to make a tic tac toe board on the back of their prize drawing slip. Then I tell the guests to write in their 9 most wanted products from the catalog. I tell the guests to circle the top 2 most expensive items on the board. I tell them that at their show, they can get these two items for 50% off. I then tell them that the remaining items they can earn for free (up to $90), then 25% off the rest and anything else as an average host at their show. Finally, I tell the host to list off her top 9 items that she'd like to earn for free or half price. Each guest then plays tic-tac-toe with those items, and the first one to get a row wins a prize! It's a great way to show off the host benefits, as well as get each guests wish list too!!!

Those are just a few...I change them up a bit here and there. I found these all in the attached file that was posted here on the website.

Have fun![/QUOTE]

I love these! What do you ladies usually give as prizes?

Aug 23, 2005
  6. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

Great Game!

That is such a great idea!!! It can really give the guests a good visual on what they can earn!! I am definitely going to try this!! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Aug 23, 2005
  7. D_Patel

D_Patel Member

Rebecca those are great !!

:) I cant wait to try some of the games out !! Iam going to do the square for a dollar game ! Iam doing a few craft shows this fall and that would be a great way to pump up the sales ! As well as get alot of potential leads !! Thank you !!!

Aug 23, 2005
  8. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

Susan,
    I give prizes such as Citrus Peelers, Twixit Clips, Quikut Paring Knives, Mini Whippers, Season's Bests, Hand Soap sample and Hand Lotion Sample. I don't usually buy anything any more expensive than that--people love just getting something for free!

What I have been doing lately is doing a "Pink Slip" drawing. I give tickets to people who volunteer or share during my demo, and then again at the end for the "Let's Be Nosy" game. I let the winner of any game, ticket drawing, or prize drawing to pick from my "Pink Slip Jar". I have slips of paper with various prizes, including "Pick a Prize" slips (anything from my basket, which is what is mentioned above), Free Season's Best, Free Kitchen Show (I buy ingredients), $5 off order, 5% off order, 10% off order, Free Product (up to $15), and 1/2 off Super Starter Kit--$25 value. I obviously have many more "pick a prize" and season's best slips, but I tell the guests that the others are in there to increase participation throughout the demo by the guests trying to earn tickets. I've attached the file I use to print the slips. When it comes to the Free Kitchen Show and 1/2 off Super Starter Kit, if the person who draws it does not want to have a show, or does not want to become a consultant, I let them pass the slip clockwise around the room, and whoever wants it first can keep it and use it.

:D

Attached Files:

Aug 24, 2005
  9. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

I have started playing the auction game at my shows. I play 1 or 2 games during my show. I use the riddle cards alot because it gets them to really look at the products. I use my PC auction dollars and give bonuses for product facts (even if they are reading it straight out of the catalog).
    I have 3 prizes all in paper bags and I start the bidding at $500. I don't let anyone open their prize till the auction is over. Thet really have fun trying to out bidding each other.

Check out the website www.partyplancompanies.com there is a free e-book full of games. There is also www.homepartyplannetwork.com, www.wahpnetwork.com, and www.bobforum.com that you can find games on.

I have attached my PC auction dollars for those who may want them.

Attached Files:

Aug 24, 2005
  10. ladybug

ladybug Member

Love that Idea!

Thanks Rebecca, I absolutely love that idea... sooooo :D going to use it!

Aug 24, 2005
  11. its_me_susan

How would you incorporate this at a fair? I hear they are mostly bookings, not much sales. Thanks! My first festival is next month.

Aug 26, 2005
Have something to add?