• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing the Best Fruit and Dip for a Beach Day Outing

I can't remember what else.補充:Crystal - I see we were posting at the same time! :)Simple and healthier - "whipped" style LEMON yogurt. Occasionally I will blend a LEMON and a VANILLA. Folks like the lemon with the fruit. Melons, Apples, Pears, Grapes, Berries, it's all good!I take a container of cool whip and mix in your favorite yogurt: strawberry my favorite.Okay, this is sooooooo not healthy but OMG it is AMAZING!! I went to a party on the weekend and the host served this with fruit. A few of us
kcjodih
Gold Member
I'd like to send some cut up fruit and dip with my son when he goes to the beach for the day with a friend and the friends family but I have no idea what type of dip to make. What's your favorite? I'm embarrassed to admit I never use dip.

Also what fruits would you suggest would hold up the best? I'm sending him with my Chilzanne rect server - no way he's getting my new tray :)

Thanks for any and all sugggestions. I'll be shopping tomorrow after work since Thursday is the holiday here :)

My fav fruit dip is simple. A block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese & a Jar of Marshmallow Cream combined. I soften the cream cheese & then add the marsh cream. Mix it up with my mixer till it's all fluffy. Chill it to serve.Grapes & strawberries work well for dippers. Pineapple does too. I would say apples but they get brown too fast.

Not very healthy, but here's what I use as a fruit dip for a party:

Mix 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened with 1 jar (7 oz) Marshmallow cream.

Add a few drops of food coloring, optional.

Crystal - I see we were posting at the same time! :)

Simple and healthier - "whipped" style LEMON yogurt. Occasionally I will blend a LEMON and a VANILLA. Folks like the lemon with the fruit. Melons, Apples, Pears, Grapes, Berries, it's all good!

I take a container of cool whip and mix in your favorite yogurt: strawberry my favorite.

Okay, this is sooooooo not healthy but OMG it is AMAZING!! I went to a party on the weekend and the host served this with fruit. A few of us DEMANDED the recipe from her! LOL!!! I haven't tried making it myself but here goes!!1 pkg softened cream cheese
2 cups softened Cool Whip
2 tsp? of sugar (she didn't measure)Mix well and put in a serving dish.Drizzle 2 pkgs of the stuff that you use to make caramel apples. Finally top with 2 Skor bars broken into little pieces. I swear that there were nuts of some kind in there, too.This was the BEST fruit dip I have EVER tasted!!!!! I believe that she had pineapple, apples, Kiwi and strawberries. Mmmmmmmmm! I think I might have to make that up this weekend!! Happy Canada Day & 4th of July!!!!

This is a PC recipe - Summer Fruit Dip

Print out on 4 x 6 balnk index cards

:chef:

Attachments

• RECIPE CARD - Summer Fruit Dip 001.doc
    77.5 KB · Views: 805
  • RECIPE CARD - Summer Fruit Dip 002.doc
    34 KB · Views: 522
OH my favorite is: 1 block of cream cheese, 1 cup of powder sugar and a few drops of vanilla.

Took it to Vacation Bible school last week and had people eating it by the spoonfuls.by the end of the week I just brought seperate cups for each of the workers.

I use a block of softened cream cheese, a small jar of marshmellow creme, and about a half can of Eagle Brand milk. Mix with hand mixer until smooth and well blended.
As for the apples, as soon as you slice them, dip them in lemon juice (I have also heard that Sprite works) and they will not turn brown.
Don't forget....you can also add some of PC's sweet sprinkles to your dip.

crystalscookingnow said:
My fav fruit dip is simple. A block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese & a Jar of Marshmallow Cream combined. I soften the cream cheese & then add the marsh cream. Mix it up with my mixer till it's all fluffy. Chill it to serve.

Grapes & strawberries work well for dippers. Pineapple does too. I would say apples but they get brown too fast.

I do something similar, but then I add a large tub of cool whip and a splash of lemon juice! Doubles the amount of dip and makes it supper fluffy!

You can buy the precut apple slices and they won't brown!!

Another good one is cool whip + our Cinnamon Plus mixed together.
I don't have exact measurements, but these are especially good with apples, but any fruit will work.
I have also used cream cheese and marshmallow cream, and sometimes I use strawberry cream cheese + marshmallow cream.

1 pkg cream cheese, jar of marshmallow cream, and 3 T favorite Sprinkles. Lately I have added both the Sweet apple and Sweet Caramel. Turns out awesome!

Mexican Chocolate Fruit Dip!!!

1 tub Cool Whip (any kind, fat free works fine if you're trying to shave off some calories)

Chocolate syrup - add enough to the Cool Whip to make it look "chocolate-ty"

Heavy sprinkle of cinnamon mixed in (to taste) and then a light sprinkle on top for decoration.

I have gotten rave reviews on this and it goes great with any type of fruit.

I like to use 1 jar of marshmello cream, 1 block of soft cream cheese and some dry jello. Makes the dip a pretty color...I usually use strawberry jello.mmmm

kam said:
Not very healthy, but here's what I use as a fruit dip for a party:

Mix 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened with 1 jar (7 oz) Marshmallow cream.

Add a few drops of food coloring, optional.

Add a touch of our vanilla to these 2 ingredients...heavenly:love:

Deb

We love this fruit dip:
Creamy-Tang Fruit Dip
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 7-ounce jar of marshmallow cream
1 1/2 teaspoons Tang orange drink mix
Strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, whatever assortment of fruit you like

Blend the cream cheese, the marshmallow cream, and the Tang until completely combined. Serve with fresh fruit and toothpicks!

I actually have one that uses heath bar crunch WHIPPED cream cheese and brown sugar. I lick the bowl...lol. Let me know if you want it after all the great ideas/recipes that has been posted on here and I will be more than happy to share.

Yes, you can certainly do the apples with the lemon juice and they will not turn brown. However, I find pineapple juice to have a better taste, escpecially for kids...a little sweeter. The acid is what keeps the apples from turning colors.

Love this recipe, But I used strawberrie cream cheese and jet-puffed:thumbup:

vgibsonrn said:
I like to use 1 jar of marshmello cream, 1 block of soft cream cheese and some dry jello. Makes the dip a pretty color...I usually use strawberry jello.mmmm

A host of mine made this with the jello and it rocked!!!

StacieB said:
1 pkg cream cheese, jar of marshmallow cream, and 3 T favorite Sprinkles. Lately I have added both the Sweet apple and Sweet Caramel. Turns out awesome!

I'm making a fruit & veggie tray to take to work in my new tray - I think I'm going to try this one out.

lockhartkitchen said:
I take a container of cool whip and mix in your favorite yogurt: strawberry my favorite.

This is the dip I use as well. :)

I'm using the cream cheese and marshmallow cream one with the sweet sprinkles in a party tonight. We are doing one half of my new Cool and Serve (which is awesome!!!!) with fruit and the other with veggies and making a dip with a rub.

Hawaiin Fruit Dip
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1/3 cup shredded coconut

Combine sour cream, milk and pudding in bowl with whisk until smooth. Add pineapple and coconut. Mix to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

bgupton said:
I'm using the cream cheese and marshmallow cream one with the sweet sprinkles in a party tonight. We are doing one half of my new Cool and Serve (which is awesome!!!!) with fruit and the other with veggies and making a dip with a rub.

I'm doing this for a baby shower at work on Friday - let me know how it goes!

What are the best fruits to bring to a beach day outing?

The best fruits to bring to a beach day outing are ones that are refreshing and easy to eat without making a mess. Some popular options include watermelon, grapes, strawberries, and pineapple. These fruits are hydrating and can withstand the heat of the beach without spoiling.

What type of dip should I bring for the fruits?

For a beach day outing, it's best to bring a dip that doesn't require refrigeration. This could include a homemade fruit dip made with cream cheese or yogurt, or store-bought options like hummus or peanut butter. Just make sure to keep the dip in a cooler until ready to serve.

How can I keep the fruit and dip fresh during the beach day outing?

To keep the fruit and dip fresh, you can pack them in separate containers and keep them in a cooler with ice packs. Make sure to only take out what you plan on eating to prevent spoilage. You can also cover the fruit with plastic wrap or bring a fruit container to keep them from getting sandy.

What are some creative ways to serve the fruit and dip at the beach?

One fun idea is to bring skewers and create fruit kabobs to dip into the dip. You can also bring small serving cups or bowls to easily portion out the fruit and dip. Another option is to make fruit cups by layering the fruit and dip in a plastic cup or mason jar.

Are there any fruits that should be avoided for a beach day outing?

Fruits with high water content, such as berries or melons, are best avoided as they can become mushy and spoil quickly in the heat. Also, fruits that require peeling, like oranges or bananas, may not be the most convenient option for a beach outing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa LM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies
Views
jnsr96
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies