• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Demo Recipes for Successful Demos: Appetizers, Main Dishes, and Desserts

In summary, the host's favorite demo recipes are grilled chicken penne al fresco and chicken fajitas. She would like to learn more about other recipes and apps.
ChefJoyJ
I'm starting back up, with a relatively good looking calendar, after a year or so hiatus. Before I went on my hiatus, I had been doing the 3 cheese garden pizza, turtle fudge skillet cake, and...shoot, don't remember now. I was wondering what everyone's fave demo recipes are...besides the 30 minute chicken? I did the 10 minute pork tenderloin at my first show back, and got 3 bookings! I just want to expand my ideas and selections, based on season, specials, what my host likes, etc. What have you found to me your favorite or most successful demos? I'm open to apps, main dishes, and desserts. Whatever works for you, I'd love to know!

Pretty much anything in the DCB! Risotto, Mexican Chicken Lasagna... try some of the new fall recipes! Good luck and congrats!

Fast and Easy Chicken Fajitas HANDS DOWN my favorite and the one that gets the most ooohs. It's done in the DCB and it's done in 15 minutes.

The recipe is in the new Weekday Dinners Done recipe card collection with a different name, but I can't remember right off the bat what the name is.

I focus on main dishes because that's what people need--fast and affordable main dishes. Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco and the Fajitas were my staples this summer.

Thanks guys! I love my DCB and am going to use it when I can...think it's fabulous and a must for all families!

What about desserts? (for those that want it) Trifles? Other ideas?

Same with apps...with football season and the holidays approaching. Fave apps to demo?

ChefJoyJ said:
Thanks guys! I love my DCB and am going to use it when I can...think it's fabulous and a must for all families!

Same with apps...with football season and the holidays approaching. Fave apps to demo?

I really don't give people a choice. I tell them what I'm featuring for the month (making it sound really, really good and telling them how popular it is) and then ask them if it's okay. Only ONCE has someone asked for something else.

I generally do the same recipe all month or even for 2-3 mths in a row depending on who I'll be seeing (don't want to repeat) that way I pack my kit once and can focus on getting bookings and recruits at my shows, not on the recipe.

ChefJoyJ said:

The Mini Cheeseburgers done on the large bar pan are great for football. It was a very popular show of mine last fall. The recipe should be on CC or in the files. I don't have it on my computer or I'd attach.

DebbieJ said:
I really don't give people a choice. I tell them what I'm featuring for the month (making it sound really, really good and telling them how popular it is) and then ask them if it's okay. Only ONCE has someone asked for something else.

I generally do the same recipe all month or even for 2-3 mths in a row depending on who I'll be seeing (don't want to repeat) that way I pack my kit once and can focus on getting bookings and recruits at my shows, not on the recipe.

I let people think that they have a choice! :D For instance, for July - I asked them if there is any theme in particular that they'd like to do...like, are you interested in a bites & bevs party - or a real food real fast party...and then, after they tell me, I let them know that I have the most amazing recipe that we can do - everyone LOVES it, and it shows all kinds of great tools. (Jerk Chicken Nachos)....then I let them know that of course, there are some other recipes to choose from, but that this one has been by far the most popular and gotten the most raves. They all chose to go with the Jerk Chicken Nachos. :D For an appetizer show - it's an appetizer. For a Real Food Show - it's a quick, light meal. :chef::D:chef:

what about those warm caramel brownies? I can't find the recipe myself, but thought some were making those.

DebbieJ said:

Amen!! It's not about the food, it's about the products. I have been doing the smokey chicken bbq sandwiches since May, and might just continue them until Christmas, if not longer. This is the best demo I have ever done, quick (30 minutes with me talking! Less if I keep right on moving eveything along) shows every collection we have (knives, both types of cookware, stoneware, bamboo, SA, even mandolin), and people fall in love with the baker. Bookings are up, sales are up, my kit has been packed since May and I am good to go at the drop of a hat.

People will go along with whatever you are excited about.

those Warm & Nutty carmel brownies are awesome but I don't do those when it is still hot outside. I will go back to making those later this fall .... everyone loves them ... chocolate and more chocolate and even more chocolate then carmel ... yummy

Judybabe said:
what about those warm caramel brownies? I can't find the recipe myself, but thought some were making those.

It's behind CC in the Season's Best.

they are yummy, but way too much busy work for me to make at a show. Plus, you have to use the oven and there is no way I'm asking my host to do that while it's still hot outside.

DebbieJ said:
It's behind CC in the Season's Best.

they are yummy, but way too much busy work for me to make at a show. Plus, you have to use the oven and there is no way I'm asking my host to do that while it's still hot outside.

Too much for me too!

PLUS - I have found that for me, I get MUCH better bookings and sales when I show a Main Dish demo. I won't do a dessert as a demo. Everyone Loves them, and oohhs and aahhhs over them - but they don't buy as much, and they don't book.

Again, I know that some do desserts as demos and do well with it, but that's just what I have observed for myself...

The only time I do desserts is around the Holidays, when I'll do Cookie Swap Parties...

Fajitas with pass arround salsa & 30 min chicken with Pineapple salsa are my current faves.

I need to send back my salad choppers though. My lock is driving me nuts!!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I let people think that they have a choice! :D For instance, for July - I asked them if there is any theme in particular that they'd like to do...like, are you interested in a bites & bevs party - or a real food real fast party...and then, after they tell me, I let them know that I have the most amazing recipe that we can do - everyone LOVES it, and it shows all kinds of great tools. (Jerk Chicken Nachos)....then I let them know that of course, there are some other recipes to choose from, but that this one has been by far the most popular and gotten the most raves. They all chose to go with the Jerk Chicken Nachos. :D For an appetizer show - it's an appetizer. For a Real Food Show - it's a quick, light meal. :chef::D:chef:

Becky,
Have you tasted these yet? I remember you saying that you didn't like the smell of the Jerk seasoning and have never tasted it... just wondering if you're still making them using the Chipotle or if you tasted it and decided that you liked it? Just nosy!

ChefPaulaB said:
Becky,
Have you tasted these yet? I remember you saying that you didn't like the smell of the Jerk seasoning and have never tasted it... just wondering if you're still making them using the Chipotle or if you tasted it and decided that you liked it? Just nosy!

I give my host the choice. They decide if they want them w/ Jerk or Chipotle.

I've gotten used to the smell (sort of), it doesn't make me want to heave anymore - but I don't like the taste. I also made a Jerk Pork Roast for DH - I couldn't eat it, but he loved it!

I still find it odd, myself. I like everything that goes into the Jerk seasoning, but there's something about the combo that I just can't stomach.

ChefBeckyD said:
I give my host the choice. They decide if they want them w/ Jerk or Chipotle.

I've gotten used to the smell (sort of), it doesn't make me want to heave anymore - but I don't like the taste. I also made a Jerk Pork Roast for DH - I couldn't eat it, but he loved it!

I still find it odd, myself. I like everything that goes into the Jerk seasoning, but there's something about the combo that I just can't stomach.

Huh, what a bummer... but at least you don't heave! There's a bonus! We still love the jerk chicken nachos, we have them at least once a week... they are so quick and easy to make! I'll have to try it sometime with the chipotle, like you make... Do you still use the lime juice and everything the same?

ChefPaulaB said:
Huh, what a bummer... but at least you don't heave! There's a bonus! We still love the jerk chicken nachos, we have them at least once a week... they are so quick and easy to make! I'll have to try it sometime with the chipotle, like you make... Do you still use the lime juice and everything the same?

Yep - I do everything exactly the same. We love them that way! DH would love them with the Jerk seasoning too, I'm sure.

We have them quite often here too. When we want just a light supper on the weekends, that's what I make. My 5 year old will eat them too, as long as I leave the peppers off a corner of them for him. :rolleyes:

1. What are some popular Pampered Chef demo recipes?

Some of our most popular demo recipes include the Quick and Easy Chicken Fajitas, the Lemon Blueberry Trifle, the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies, the Garlic and Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin, and the Veggie Pizza Ring.

2. Can these demo recipes be easily replicated at home?

Yes, all of our demo recipes are designed to be simple and easy to replicate at home. We provide step-by-step instructions and all of the necessary tools and ingredients can be found at your local grocery store.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for demo recipes?

Yes, we offer a variety of vegetarian and vegan options for our demo recipes such as the Quinoa Black Bean Salad, the Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, and the Vegan Chocolate Mousse.

4. Can I customize the demo recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! Our demo recipes can be easily customized to fit any dietary restrictions or preferences. We offer alternative ingredients and substitution suggestions for common allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.

5. Are there any demo recipes that are specifically designed for kids?

Yes, we have a selection of demo recipes that are kid-friendly and easy for children to make with adult supervision. Some examples include the Mini Taco Cups, the Rainbow Fruit Salad, and the Banana Nutella Sushi Rolls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • chefkathy