• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Religion Find Daily Encouragement with Our Favorite Bible Quotes - Zephaniah 3:17

In summary, the conversation was about sharing favorite Bible verses and quotes for daily encouragement. The participants also discussed the concept of grace and its importance in their lives. One person shared their favorite verse, Zephaniah 3:17, and thanked the person who had it in their signature. Another shared a prayer from the Jewish Sabbath service that brought them spiritual strength. The conversation ended with a discussion about the song "Be Still and Know" and its reminder to let God be God.
nikked
Gold Member
After searching for a scripture here on CS, I thought it would be nice to have a place to share our favorite Bible verses, sermon quotes, etc. I know I am in need of some daily encouragement! If you're doing your daily devotions and have something you'd like to share from that, or whatever it is God has laid on your heart, please share it!

So, right now, the verse that is ministering to me is Zephaniah 3:17:

Zephaniah 3:17 said:
The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will qwuiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.

I read this in someone's signature (sorry...don't know who) right after all my [most recent] craziness started, and it positively lept off the computer screen. I hadn't been able to find it again, and didn't really know what it said, but somehow (and by "somehow" I mean God) the meaning of that verse has stuck with me.

So, thank you to whomever has it in their signature. It is now posted above my computer screen where I will see it OFTEN!

We have been doing a Bible study on "Putting a Face on Grace" by Richard Blackerby. This was in our study this week and it is AWESOME!!

What does Grace look like?
  • Grace buidling up; it doesn't tear down.
  • Grace gives what is undeserved, focusing on mercy not justice.
  • Grace is costly.
  • Grace gives without expecting anything in return.
  • Grace thinks of others, not self.
  • Grace focuses on the important, not the trivial.
  • Grace looks at what could be, rather than fixating on what is or is not.
  • Grace helps people become more like Christ.
  • Grace doesn't condemn or give up on people.

Something to think about:

Would you want God to display grace to you in the same manner you display grace to church members, including Staff?

My Life Verse is part of my signature... Jeremiah 29:11-13.

Ooohhh. That gives me something to chew on! Thanks!

I have always found spiritual strength in the last half of the Aleinu, one of the concluding prayers of the Jewish Sabbath service. In the first half, we state that it is our duty to praise God....then.....

Therefore we put our hope in You, Adonai our God,
to soon see the glory of
Your strength, to remove all idols from the Earth,
and to completely cut off
all false gods; to repair the world, You holy
empire. And for all living flesh
to call Your name, and for all the wicked of the
Earth to turn to You. May all
the world's inhabitants recognize and know that to
You every knee must
bend and every tongue must swear loyalty. Before
You, Adonai, our God,
may all bow down, and give honor to Your precious
name, and may all take
upon themselves the yoke of Your rule. And may
You
reign over them soon
and forever and always. Because all rule is Yours
alone, and You will rule
in honor forever and ever.
As it is written in Your Torah:
"Adonai will reign forever and ever."
And it is said: "Adonai will be Ruler over the
whole Earth, and on that day,
God will be One, and God's name will be One.

I'm not very well versed in the Bible, but my favorite is:

Be still and know that I am God

Of course I may be mis quoting, but I LOVE that: Be still - it's just so ... sigh

Crystal Patton said:
I'm not very well versed in the Bible, but my favorite is:

Be still and know that I am God

Of course I may be mis quoting, but I LOVE that: Be still - it's just so ... sigh

Steven Curtis Chapman has a song called "Be Still and Know" YouTube - steven curtis chapman--be still and know

It used to be one of my favorites of his. Such a reminder to just stop and let God be God! It's like a lullaby to me.

nikked said:
So, right now, the verse that is ministering to me is Zephaniah 3:17:...

I read this in someone's signature (sorry...don't know who) right after all my [most recent] craziness started, and it positively lept off the computer screen. I hadn't been able to find it again, and didn't really know what it said, but somehow (and by "somehow" I mean God) the meaning of that verse has stuck with me.

So, thank you to whomever has it in their signature. It is now posted above my computer screen where I will see it OFTEN!

So, I finally figured out who has this in their signature...thanks Di Can Cook!!!!

susanr613 said:
I have always found spiritual strength in the last half of the Aleinu, one of the concluding prayers of the Jewish Sabbath service. In the first half, we state that it is our duty to praise God....then.....

to soon see the glory of
You every knee must
You, Adonai, our God,
name, and may all take
You
reign over them soon
alone, and You will rule

That is beautiful. Thank you.

Hard to pick just one. I love God's Word!

Here are some I have loved through time though:

Lamentations 3:22-24 (New Living Translation)

22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”

Micah 6:8 (New Living Translation)

8 No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good,
and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God.

Isaiah 32:17 (New International Version)

17 The fruit of righteousness will be peace;
the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.

I'm not well versed enough to choose just one, but I do always remember the shortest man in the bible - Knee High Miah.

My favorite verse is at the bottom of my signature. But I always need to remember to LET GO AND LET GOD!

And here is a passage of Scripture I often pray over my son, and also over my team of volunteers at church...and also pray for myself...

EPHESIANS 3:14-20:

When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.
I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you mighty inner strength through His Holy Spirit.
And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in Him.
May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.
And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.
May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it.
Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
NOW - Glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

AMEN!

susanr613 said:

to soon see the glory of
You every knee must
You, Adonai, our God,
name, and may all take
You
reign over them soon
alone, and You will rule

Absolutely beautiful Susan! Thanks for sharing that!

ChefBeckyD said:
And here is a passage of Scripture I often pray over my son, and also over my team of volunteers at church...and also pray for myself...

EPHESIANS 3:14-20:

When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.
I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you mighty inner strength through His Holy Spirit.
And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in Him.
May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.
And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.
May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it.
Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
NOW - Glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

AMEN!

That's some more beautiful Scripture! Love it!

Everytime I get my bank statement I recite to myself " I am on my way! I am the head and not the tail, I am above and not beneath"

Its from Deuteronomy 28:13, and it just reminds me that when I follow him, no matter what, I will be exactly where I am supposed to be in the life that he has planned for me.

and when i'm not feeling so psyched up about that,

I remind myself of Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

One of my all time favorite verses is "Jesus wept." For me, it's a reminder that Jesus lived as a man, and understands how we feel when we're going through trials.

In the early 2000s, we were in OKC for a Camp Meeting, and saw the most touching image of Jesus based on that verse. Here a link with information about that statue... http://www.flickr.com/photos/palmsrick/2830328009/
Attached is an article I wrote for our church newsletter after seeing it. I hope it ministers to someone. Feel free to share.

Attachments

• doneJESUS WEPT.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 260
I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.

In my siggy are my favorites...

Another favorite is:"Pray without ceasing" - I Thess. 5:17I have really taken this to heart lately. A coworker stated recently that she believed if we only knew the true power of prayer, we would not stop praying. Prayer is truly powerful and we can only imagine what spiritual warfare is going on around us. We are so busy going about life sometimes we forget to pray. But when we are waiting in line at a store, or walking from one room to the next in our houses or other things like that, we can pray for things rather than letting our minds wander on other things. Staying close to God in that way can do amazing things!

The one in my signature has been the verse I've been claiming the past few weeks...we've been tried and tested terribly and the Lord has shown himself many times over to us. This comforting promise reminds me that He is in control of my life no matter what I do. No matter what happens to us, if we belong to Him, we will not be forsaken. I'm so thankful the Lord keeps his promises! :)

As some of you remember, I left my home state and moved last October due to an unbearable situation. I really feel that I've been blessed by the move; I knew nothing of this area, but quite literally answered a (phone)call and found myself in a place I've nicknamed "Eden."

1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.

2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.

I know the Lord was speaking to Abram, not me, but I've been comforted and even awe-struck by this scripture.

Ann F said:
As some of you remember, I left my home state and moved last October due to an unbearable situation. I really feel that I've been blessed by the move; I knew nothing of this area, but quite literally answered a (phone)call and found myself in a place I've nicknamed "Eden."

1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.

2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

3 I will bless those who bless you,
and all peoples on earth

I know the Lord was speaking to Abram, not me, but I've been comforted and even awe-struck by this scripture.

Ann, it is so great to see how God has worked in your situation, and in your life. He is Good!

Many of us remember the hurt and the pain (I think Rae even offered to use her shin kicking skills for you) but God has brought you out of that, and it's such a blessing to me to see how He has provided for you!

Yes, I did (though it's ankles I offer to kick ;)). When we open our hearts to the lessons God can teach us through those hard times we usually experience the beauty of His tremendous blessings.

I will bless those who bless you,
and all peoples on earth

God was talking about Israel...they are his chosen people. I believe this scripture is still valid today for us. My church prays that America will not turn their back on Israel. We feel we need to be a blessing to them in every way possible. Pray for them. The situations you go through are the same that they go through...lost children, finances, etc. A lot of people say that the Old Testament is not relavent today that we should only use the New Testament, but I personally don't feel that way. We don't even have the New Testament without the Old Testament. Anyway...I like this scripture too.

1. What is the significance of Zephaniah 3:17?

Zephaniah 3:17 is a popular verse in the Bible that speaks about God's love and care for His people. It reminds us that God is always with us, and He takes delight in us with singing.

2. How can I use this verse for daily encouragement?

This verse is a great reminder to trust in God and His love for us. You can use it as a daily affirmation or meditate on it during times of struggle or uncertainty.

3. Is there a specific version or translation of this verse that is recommended?

There are various translations of the Bible, and each one presents the verse in a slightly different way. We recommend choosing the version that resonates with you the most and speaks to your heart.

4. Can I find other Bible quotes for daily encouragement?

Yes, there are many other verses in the Bible that offer daily encouragement and inspiration. You can find a variety of Bible quotes on our website, as well as in our products and resources.

5. How can I incorporate this verse into my daily routine?

There are many ways to incorporate this verse into your daily routine. You can write it down and place it somewhere you will see it often, memorize it, or use it as a daily prayer. You can also find creative ways to display it in your home or work space as a constant reminder of God's love and encouragement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • quiverfull7